Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Lamar Jackson named starting QB (Flacco will be backup)

To add on .....The Ravens losing streak before Lamar featured and ugly game against Carolina that gut every lucky bounce in the world and the penalties were heavy against the Ravens. A game against the Saints that we should've won, and a home loss to Pittsburgh that is never and easy game and Pittsburgh was rolling at the time.

Interestingly enough Lamar and Flacco's Quarterback Rating for the season are almost exactly the same. Flacoo's QBR is significantly higher though.  Also the yards per play with Flacco and with Lamar are both 5.2 yards. And that is 26th in the league.  To act like Lamar turned something around is comical.

The team isn't getting more yards per play.  They aren't scoring more points.   

The difference is the defense has been better.  

And maybe to add that perhaps the QB is overrated for a teams results.  And Flacco did not have Gus Edwards running the ball for him. 

19 hours ago, Mitch Connor said:

Didn't a Flacco led team lose to the Bengals?  The Raiders just recently beat Pittsburgh. As Herm Edwards said "You play to win the games!" The difference since Jackson took over is that the team looks like they are trying to win. Flacco has shown me any desire the past few years.

Yes the Bengals early with Andy Dalton he not the sorry version now. Which is why we better beat Cleveland because the Steelers games is a trash game they probably win easy. Two totally different Bengals teams that you can't evaluate by simple looking at the score.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

And maybe to add that perhaps the QB is overrated for a teams results.  And Flacco did not have Gus Edwards running the ball for him. 

There has been a major uptick in the running game. The Lamar love bunch give his scrambling ability the credit. But Edwards is the 1st power back we've had since J Lewis.

I don't hate Lamar but I think he is a bad lottery ticket with a very low chance of hitting. The Ravens will benefit for a few years because he's cheap compared to Joe why they are looking for his long term replacement.

iMO ...Joe has been the victim of poor drafting at WR and RB, a shoddy pass protecting line, and among the leagues worst offenses coordinators in the league since Kubiak and Caldwell. 

8 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

There has been a major uptick in the running game. The Lamar love bunch give his scrambling ability the credit. But Edwards is the 1st power back we've had since J Lewis.

I don't hate Lamar but I think he is a bad lottery ticket with a very low chance of hitting. The Ravens will benefit for a few years because he's cheap compared to Joe why they are looking for his long term replacement.

iMO ...Joe has been the victim of poor drafting at WR and RB, a shoddy pass protecting line, and among the leagues worst offenses coordinators in the league since Kubiak and Caldwell. 

Have we even drafted a running back in the first 3 rounds since Ray Rice?  While Gus Edwards seems like a decent enough running back I would like to see the team get a running back in the first round next year who can catch passes and can dominate a game.  We don't have a second round pick next year so we need to get either a running back or offensive lineman in the first round. 

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

Have we even drafted a running back in the first 3 rounds since Ray Rice?  While Gus Edwards seems like a decent enough running back I would like to see the team get a running back in the first round next year who can catch passes and can dominate a game.  We don't have a second round pick next year so we need to get either a running back or offensive lineman in the first round. 

They will have another pick when they trade Joe, wait and see. Also they need to look for Weddles replacement IMO.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Interestingly enough Lamar and Flacco's Quarterback Rating for the season are almost exactly the same. Flacoo's QBR is significantly higher though.  Also the yards per play with Flacco and with Lamar are both 5.2 yards. And that is 26th in the league.  To act like Lamar turned something around is comical.

The team isn't getting more yards per play.  They aren't scoring more points.   

The difference is the defense has been better.  

You and Tide keep ignoring the one statistic that lets the defense be better.  In 5 out of 6 games with Lamar the Ravens have had time of possession advantages. 

2 hours ago, SouthRider said:

Gus Edwards is to Lamar Jackson what Alfred Morris was to RG3.  I too would like to see them draft a Ray Rice type who can catch.   

Not for me ....I'd prefer that we find a Jamal Lewis type.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:03 PM, atomic said:

Well whatever you want to believe but when the team finishes 8 and 8 it will because of this stupid offense. TOP is meaningless stat.  It is loser strategy Ravens are playing.  Scoring points are what counts.  

TOP is meaningless? How many times has our defense been worn out, because Joe can't finish with a long drive at the end of the game, the the other team marches down the field to win. Remember the Steeler's game late in season and when Bengals knocked us out of the playoffs? Joe can't finish teams off by controlling the clock consistently.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mitch Connor said:

TOP is meaningless? How many times has our defense been worn out, because Joe can't finish with a long drive at the end of the game, the the other team marches down the field to win. Remember the Steeler's game late in season and when Bengals knocked us out of the playoffs? Joe can't finish teams off by controlling the clock consistently.

Agree 100%. Plus Lamar is a winner. He has lit a fire under our team. I love it.

4 hours ago, Mitch Connor said:

How did Lamar handle the clock against the Chargers?  Scoring points is what counts and like I said the Ravens have the same yards per play with Flacco and with Lamar.  The difference has been the defense playing better.   

TOP us helped when the defense makes the other team go 3 and out.  When the defense let's the other team drive down the field TOP will go down.

From The Athletic:

Jackson remains a work in progress and the jury remains out on him long term. However, the team’s decision to essentially trade a second-round pick to get in position to take him with the final selection of the first round looks better by the day. Oregon’s Justin Herbert deciding to stay in school, rather than declare for the NFL draft, has weakened an already suspect draft class at quarterback. It’s also not an especially impressive quarterback free-agent class either. If the Ravens hadn’t drafted Jackson, it was going to be awfully tough for them this year to find a quarterback of the future.