weams

2019 Winter Meetings

5 hours ago, Going Underground said:

He is not listed on the Oriole website but at least three or four people who are gone are still on it.They really should update the site.Really only takes less then an hour 

Maybe they fired the person who maintains the web site.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:10 PM, Frobby said:

40 WAR in 7.3 seasons.    Great player.   

Thing is, he might have been even greater than that single evaluation. He has been among the most dynamic offensive forces in the entirety of MLB every year for the past six years.

Once confirmed will Brandon Hyde want to bring any coaches with the Cubs organization with him to Baltimore?

Will any of the Cubs free agents interest the Orioles? See below !

http://m.cubs.mlb.com/roster/coaches

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2018/1/18/16907236/cubs-announce-minor-league-managers-coaches-coordinators

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/chicago-cubs/

I doubt we will give any special attention to Cubs players.   As to coaches, I doubt we’d take anyone from the major league staff, but it’s always possible we’d bring a minor league coach from their system here for a major league job.   Hyde’s been in the game a long time, and probably knows lots of potential coaches from various systems.   It also won’t shock me if Dickerson is retained, though odds are he won’t be.   

2 hours ago, baltfan said:

Yeah, I hope he knows Bobby Dickerson

Dickerson is an odd one. We sometimes hate his work as 3B coach but love his infield instruction. I'm fine to move on, but am not against keeping him on as an instructor or even bench coach. 

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

I don't understand the obsession with Dickerson.  There has to be 1000 Bobby Dickerson's out there.  

Lol. If you speak to anyone that has worked with him you would think differently. Amazing coach knows the game and well respected among everyone in MLB. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mskrulz said:

Lol. If you speak to anyone that has worked with him you would think differently. Amazing coach knows the game and well respected among everyone in MLB. 

I'm sure you're right. For all his qualities though, he sure does love to get that ol' windmill going at 3B...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I doubt we will give any special attention to Cubs players.   As to coaches, I doubt we’d take anyone from the major league staff, but it’s always possible we’d bring a minor league coach from their system here for a major league job.   Hyde’s been in the game a long time, and probably knows lots of potential coaches from various systems.   It also won’t shock me if Dickerson is retained, though odds are he won’t be.   

I agree. On all of this. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I'm sure you're right. For all his qualities though, he sure does love to get that ol' windmill going at 3B...

Yes he does lol. As an instructor and teacher though, he is second to none. 

7 minutes ago, mskrulz said:

There's a lot of coaches who are respected around MLB.  I'm not saying Dickerson is bad but Hyde probably wants to bring in his guys.