mdbdotcom

Will Dickerson or Kirby Be Brought Back?

What's your guess?

I think these are the only two possible candidates from last season's coaching staff. Mills has already signed a minor league contract. Russell was made bench coach because he couldn't move well enough to coach 3B. No chance they bring back McDowell, Coolbaugh or Diaz.

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

What's your guess?

I think these are the only two possible candidates from last season's coaching staff. Mills has already signed a minor league contract. Russell was made bench coach because he couldn't move well enough to coach 3B. No chance they bring back McDowell, Coolbaugh or Diaz.

I think a manager would like coaches he was familiar with.

8 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

What's your guess?

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/12/mills-and-clark-remain-under-contract-with-orioles.html

"Einar Díaz, an extra coach with the Orioles since 2013, has accepted a job as a fourth coach with the Triple-A Gwinnett Braves."

Dickerson could still get a job with the org like “Roving infield instructor” or whatever that title is. Martin, Jackson, Ruiz, Nunez, and Wilkerson, would all benefit. 

How long does hiring a staff usually take?  1-2 weeks?

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Dickerson could still get a job with the org like “Roving infield instructor” or whatever that title is. Martin, Jackson, Ruiz, Nunez, and Wilkerson, would all benefit. 

I figure the names will be reported in a week and confirmed by the team in three.  😉

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

As soon as they pass their physicals. April?

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This would be my plan

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

What's your guess?

I like Kirby and Dickerson, but normally with a new managerial regime comes new coaches.