Bahama O's Fan

Anyone Following Manny? (Signs with San Diego)

According to MLB trade rumors, Manny doesn't want to play in Philly. I think him going to the Yankees is a done deal. Can you imagine him in the Yankees lineup? Makes me absolutely sick. Talk about an all star lineup.

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

I'm still a Manny fan. I think it would be very cool if Manny signed with the ChiSox and Harper with the Cubs. Get a nice cross-town rivalry going with the Chicago sports commentators reporting on what each did that night.

But honest question, will you still be a Manny fan if he plays for the Yanks for the next ten or so years, barring opt-outs? I had hoped he would stay in the NL, but that seems increasingly unlikely. 

17 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

But honest question, will you still be a Manny fan if he plays for the Yanks for the next ten or so years, barring opt-outs? I had hoped he would stay in the NL, but that seems increasingly unlikely. 

I won't root for him against the Orioles, ever. My thoughts might be different in five years when we might be competitive again, but for now I'm a Manny fan.

3 hours ago, atomic said:

Whomever signs him will regret it.  Don't really care too much where he ends up.  

Even all the crap he pulled here, did we regret it when he pulled off an unbelievable play or hit a GWHR?

Still a fan and moderately interested where he goes. Gonna be pissed if it's NY or Boston tho...

2 hours ago, weams said:

Speaking of Mannys. One of the best swings ever.

1371o9.gif

I love slo-mo of good players! Their head is ROCK steady and their spine rotates around it. Like a MACHINE.

6 hours ago, atomic said:

Whomever signs him will regret it.  Don't really care too much where he ends up.  

Not sure why you feel this way.  He has faults but he makes nearly every team in baseball better, and he's never shown up to camp fat or unmotivated.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Not sure why you feel this way.  He has faults but he makes nearly every team in baseball better, and he's never shown up to camp fat or unmotivated.

Don't throw it away... DON'T THROW IT AT ALL! :)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Don't throw it away... DON'T THROW IT AT ALL! :)

It’s plays like that I sure will miss seeing him make wearing the orange and black. Makes it look easy.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

It’s plays like that I sure will miss seeing him make wearing the orange and black. Makes it look easy.

Found the clip I really wanted but can't embed it. Go to 40 seconds in and watch TB's 3B coach, just throws up his arms and rolls his head back. 😛

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBMeHmIiiww

• Upvote 1

A song keeps running thru my head...

Sweet dreams and flying machines
In pieces on the ground.....

I can honestly say I don't care at all where he ends up.  I care about the Orioles first and foremost, as well as the Braves since I live in Atlanta.  Manny stopped mattering to me at all once he no longer wore our uniform.  I certainly understand others feeling differently and I always appreciated the work he did for us on the field, but for me, I just never got attached to him as a personality I enjoyed rooting for....