Bahama O's Fan

Anyone Following Manny? (Signs with San Diego)

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

It'd be nice if they did that, I'd pay 15-20 for a quality streaming service from MASN during the season.  It's a bit ridiculous that they don't have a streaming service.  I am hoping they get one for 2019 but there are no mentions of doing so.  

I live in NYC. I pay 120 a year for MLB.com. I get all games except MFY and Mets. If I lived in BAL  I would get no O's games.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, atomic said:

It would have to much higher than that to make up for lost revenue.  And I doubt too many people would be willing to pay 50 dollars a month to watch the Orioles next season.

MLB.tv is already like $85 per month for a season, so its not too outrageous to suggest $300 for a seasons worth of games. Even that high of a number might not make up for the lost revenue of traditional cable TV.

If you were the White Sox and working on your Machado "familia" pitch, would you target Jones or Markakis to add to the ensemble?

Eloy's coming for one of the corners and I guess Engel bats 9th and fields center, but Palka, Garcia and Jay are one of the few casts of corners that the erstwhile Orioles could help a bit.

46 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

MLB.tv is already like $85 per month for a season, so its not too outrageous to suggest $300 for a seasons worth of games. Even that high of a number might not make up for the lost revenue of traditional cable TV.

Yeah, had to double check that. Your first sentence is confusing, but it’s $99 (premium) for the entire year. Monthly subscriptions are $24.99.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/233735824-mlbtv-has-new-reduced-price.amp.html

2 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I live in NYC. I pay 120 a year for MLB.com. I get all games except MFY and Mets. If I lived in BAL  I would get no O's games.

Yep, I paid that last year.  But I live in the blackout area so I had to figure out a VPN service that would get it done.  Took forever, giant pain in the ass.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO, MASN!!!!111

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yep, I paid that last year.  But I live in the blackout area so I had to figure out a VPN service that would get it done.  Took forever, giant pain in the ass.

But at least in the end you got to watch the Orioles 2018 season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Gordo said:

That's just weird they way they operate. 

40 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I get hung up at work sometimes and always wish there was a way to get the game on my tablet or phone.  My partner is a Pirates fan and tunes right in on his phone.  I get jealous and want to toss his phone. Lol

3 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

I get hung up at work sometimes and always wish there was a way to get the game on my tablet or phone.  My partner is a Pirates fan and tunes right in on his phone.  I get jealous and want to toss his phone. Lol

You should.  And then be like "THAT WAS FOR '79 and '71!!!" and see what he says.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

You should.  And then be like "THAT WAS FOR '79 and '71!!!" and see what he says.

Not a bad idea but I need a job.  Luckily he's not the type to gloat and rub stuff in.  There's got to be a way they can let this happen so I can tune in and watch while getting paid.  MASN needs to think about the fans.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

If I could subscribe to MASN as a standalone service I would have cut the cord already.  

With the price of cable, I’m about 90% certain that I’m going to go your route since I’m also in a blackout zone.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2018 at 5:39 PM, Bahama O's Fan said:

I know he's not an O anymore and not coming here but are others on here interested in where he goes and what he signs for? Looking like the market is developing as expected for he nor Harper.

Tony Romo has the call on Harper:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If I could subscribe to MASN as a standalone service I would have cut the cord already.  

With the price of cable, I’m about 90% certain that I’m going to go your route since I’m also in a blackout zone.  

I'm looking at that too, since Comcast seems to raise my cable + internet price every couple of months.  They seem to have a stranglehold on the part of central Virginia I'm in. 

The stories began appearing three winters ago and accelerated in pace in the winter of 2017-18: Some of the richest teams in baseball appeared to be getting their financial houses in order, trimming payroll, clearing space and getting under the luxury tax threshold, all in apparent preparation for what was coming in the winter of 2018-19: what was expected to be the most anticipated free agent class in baseball history.

“Why the incredible Class of 2018 will change MLB as we know it,” read a Yahoo story from December 2015.

But now, the winter of 2018-19 has come and almost gone — spring training camps open in a little more than three weeks — and the free agent market is as cold as the January weather. The two biggest prizes of this offseason, 26-year-old superstars Bryce Harper and Manny Machado, remain unsigned, with few teams known to be bidding for them, and the industry-wide shift away from long deals and veteran players, which began in earnest last winter, has continued.

At one time, Harper and Machado were thought to be seeking deals in the neighborhood of $400 million, which would have shattered Stanton’s record-setting $325 million deal as the largest in history. But while little is known about the true state of negotiations, recent reports suggest Machado’s latest offer from the Chicago White Sox was for less than $200 million. Meanwhile, Harper, who turned down a 10-year $300 million offer from the Nationals in September, has yet to top that number, at least to the extent of the media’s knowledge.

It’s not only Harper and Machado who have had to adjust expectations in this sluggish market. According to MLBTradeRumors.com, only 79 of the more than 200 available free agents have signed major league deals so far this winter, and of those only 10 have signed contracts for more than two years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/21/only-thing-getting-warmer-baseballs-tepid-hot-stove-is-tension/?utm_term=.f83f843606f4

• Upvote 1