Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

Orioles Hangout Pilot Web TV show

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I just got around to watching this. Excellent work @Tony-OH and I appreciate the shout outs. If I was running MASN, I’d be ordering weekly episodes. Just looked very smooth and professional, especially for a first run. 

Thanks. We need to find a way to get you on as well in the future. We need to look back into those split screen options.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks. We need to find a way to get you on as well in the future. We need to look back into those split screen options.

I agree. Luke is super on the podcasts that he does participate in. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/1/2019 at 10:57 AM, Frobby said:

He’s too honest for MASN.

True that! Congratulations Tony! Let me know if you ever want some video contributions from me....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

True that! Congratulations Tony! Let me know if you ever want some video contributions from me....

Thanks Roy, let me know when you are in town and if we can work something out that would be great.

@Tony-OH, this was fantastic. Please do a weekly show during the season and maybe a monthly show in the offseason. It's great to have things like this that I can watch/listen to from Ohio and still feel like I know what's going on at the Minor League level, as well as more insight that I get from MLB Network or, gasp, ESPN's Baseball Tonight ... they don't care about the O's or talk about them often and I can't get the MASN stuff very easily out here (forgetting that MASN is basically fluff and they avoid giving real opinions on there).

I subscribed to the YouTube channel in hopes that you will do this stuff on a regular basis. I loved it!

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, OrioleMagic79 said:

@Tony-OH, this was fantastic. Please do a weekly show during the season and maybe a monthly show in the offseason. It's great to have things like this that I can watch/listen to from Ohio and still feel like I know what's going on at the Minor League level, as well as more insight that I get from MLB Network or, gasp, ESPN's Baseball Tonight ... they don't care about the O's or talk about them often and I can't get the MASN stuff very easily out here (forgetting that MASN is basically fluff and they avoid giving real opinions on there).

I subscribed to the YouTube channel in hopes that you will do this stuff on a regular basis. I loved it!

Thanks. A new episode previewing the spring training battles will come out this week sometime. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks. A new episode previewing the spring training battles will come out this week sometime. 

Now, that is something to look forward to.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, foxfield said:

...from the back seat.

Are we there yet?

Ha, my part is over. I'm at the mercy of the producer.

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats

• Just a curiosity I heard a clip in a silly vid. So NSFW I can't even post the vid cuz of the title. I did have that New Medicine vid disappeared from The Suck thread on the main page yesterday... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcrexKS8kxA  
    • o   (APRIL 23rd)   Orioles win. Red Sox lose ........ TWICE !!!   o
    • An extra update on Grover, from Roch: "Grover recovered from an oblique injury suffered late in camp and was dominant in his outings at extended spring training. He didn’t allow a run in eight innings, walking three batters and striking out an astounding 22. A slow-climber with his fastball velocity, Grover dialed it up earlier than usual this year. I’m told that his heater averaged 95 mph and topped out at 100 mph. There’s room for more."
    • o   The topic is whether or not players on the Orioles would be on another Major League roster if they were not here, and you opined that Bundy would not be when I said that Dwight Smith Jr is playing well enough to at least be a 4th outfielder on a lot of other teams. Bundy's splits going through the opposition's order the first time this season is inordinately better than when he goes through it a second time, save for his last start when he was effective the 2nd and 3rd times through. There is plenty of room on other MLB rosters besides the Orioles for a pitcher whom is capable of pitching well for 2 or 3 innings, just as there is room for other MLB teams that could use Dwight Smith Jr as a 4th outfielder on their roster.   o
    • I'm not telling anyone how to raise their kids.  I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that if a kid can't handle a normal city atmosphere that it might be a good idea if they were exposed to that more.  Or not.  Just stay in the suburbs and avoid the city environment at all costs.   I was really just comparing my experience.  Me and plenty of my friends and family have been to the stadium dozens if not hundreds of times and have had zero issues involving our personal safety.  There is perception and there is reality.  There is also culture shock.  Which I sympathize with.  But only one way to get over that.     
    • I don't have the data to back this up, but what I've observed leads me to believe the following: 1.  An MLB team's "attendance" is built largely, and increasingly, on the sale of season tickets. (Keep in mind that what we refer to as attendance doesn't reflect the number of fans that pass through the turnstile. It's the number of tickets sold.) That's especially true of "full" season tickets, covering all 81 games, and less true of multi-game ticket packages. 2.  It's a lot easier to sell season tickets in cities where there are (a) large numbers of (big professional service firms (law firms, accounting firms, management consulting firms, etc.) that are prepared to spend on client entertainment and (b) lots of wealthy individuals. Before the Nats arrived, the Orioles did pretty on the first part by attracting season ticket holders from Washington's stable of large service firms. Now they are far, far behind three of their division rivals on both scores, with no hope of closing that gap. 3. Many season ticket buyers (and again, I'm talking about full season tickets) make their decisions to buy, including their decisions whether to hang on to existing full season tickets, well in advance of the season. Those decisions are made based on someone's (and maybe not a very knowledgeable someone's) sense of how the team shapes up for the coming season and how much interest its games will generate among clients, employees and friends. A couple of bad seasons, when season ticket holders see that clients and friends aren't eager to go to those games, will drive away season ticket buyers. If the team performs better than expected, or is more exciting and entertaining to watch than was expected, it's very hard to sell enough tickets on a game-by-game basis to replace those lost season ticket holders.  4. Selling season tickets to the 2018 and 2019 Baltimore Orioles can't have been easy. the same will be true for at least a few more years.
    • Bundy average 90.7 mph on his fastball in his last start.  His fastball speed just keeps going down. We have seen this before from other players with shoulder issues.  And we know how it ends.  It is a shame as I had high hopes for Bundy.
  • Popular Contributors