Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
weams

Ticketmaster is Active

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

They did use Ticketmaster a few years back and switched to the in house system. Now back to Ticketmaster. 

It was actually Tickets.com 

 

Not an inhouse

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, weams said:

It was actually Tickets.com 

 

Not an inhouse

You are right.Meant to say that MLB Advanced  Media ,which owns Tickets.com,  is owned by MLB owners as a limited partnership . But you are right that the Orioles used an outside ticket distribution system 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Orioles really need to do a small ticket package like the Nationals are doing and almost all other teams. Weekend package . Perhaps a weekend package with giveaways for  all the weekend game package. Need to be creative to get any fans.

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/packs/six/saturdays?partnerId=it-497704-16227-704952

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it on my work computer and got an error message.  I remember that my tickets never worked on my work computer, so I tried it on my phone.  Error message.  I'll try one last time at home, and then I'm taking this as a sign that I am not to buy season tickets this year.  

This is so aggravating.  Been a season ticket holder for 9 years and we have to go through all this nonsense?  I haven't even had my own personal rep for at least 5 years now.  And we STILL haven't figured out a way to market tickets for Christmas sales?  I had to give my dad and brother hand made vouchers as a Christmas present.  

The more things change, the more they stay the same with this franchise.  Sports are supposed to be fun and take us away from the stress of the real world, but instead all the Orioles and Ravens do is present me with additional stress.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it, for the price of our tickets, I could take my wife on a week long cruise again and then just watch the team lose on television all year.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I tried it on my work computer and got an error message.  I remember that my tickets never worked on my work computer, so I tried it on my phone.  Error message.  I'll try one last time at home, and then I'm taking this as a sign that I am not to buy season tickets this year.  

This is so aggravating.  Been a season ticket holder for 9 years and we have to go through all this nonsense?  I haven't even had my own personal rep for at least 5 years now.  And we STILL haven't figured out a way to market tickets for Christmas sales?  I had to give my dad and brother hand made vouchers as a Christmas present.  

The more things change, the more they stay the same with this franchise.  Sports are supposed to be fun and take us away from the stress of the real world, but instead all the Orioles and Ravens do is present me with additional stress.  

Same as it ever was.Not even a stinking holiday card this year.😀. No thank you call from your ticket rep for putting up with one of the worst seasons in baseball history.I guess they dont care and maybe the planned moved to Sam Antonio can happen sooner.i joke or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, Dipper9 said:

I tried it on my work computer and got an error message.  I remember that my tickets never worked on my work computer, so I tried it on my phone.  Error message.  I'll try one last time at home, and then I'm taking this as a sign that I am not to buy season tickets this year.  

This is so aggravating.  Been a season ticket holder for 9 years and we have to go through all this nonsense? 

I'm still receiving the same error message as well.  I phoned the Orioles this morning, was on hold for 5 minutes waiting for a rep, finally took the option to leave a voicemail.  Haven't heard back.  Maybe the Billy Joel announcement tied up the phone lines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, beantownrefugee said:

I'm still receiving the same error message as well.  I phoned the Orioles this morning, was on hold for 5 minutes waiting for a rep, finally took the option to leave a voicemail.  Haven't heard back.  Maybe the Billy Joel announcement tied up the phone lines.

Working too hard can give  you a heart attack.Is that all you get for your money.

Maybe call John Angelos.He was the one saying that the Orioles have a great product in all facets of entertainment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beantownrefugee said:

I'm still receiving the same error message as well.  I phoned the Orioles this morning, was on hold for 5 minutes waiting for a rep, finally took the option to leave a voicemail.  Haven't heard back.  Maybe the Billy Joel announcement tied up the phone lines.

 

27 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Working too hard can give  you a heart attack.Is that all you get for your money.

Maybe call John Angelos.He was the one saying that the Orioles have a great product in all facets of entertainment. 

I had no problems at all...

I just traded in my chevy for a cadillacacacac

You oughta know by now... ;) 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, beantownrefugee said:

I'm still receiving the same error message as well.  I phoned the Orioles this morning, was on hold for 5 minutes waiting for a rep, finally took the option to leave a voicemail.  Haven't heard back.  Maybe the Billy Joel announcement tied up the phone lines.

I had issues and contacted them via email and they got back to me right away. Was able to get it resolved. The person online that day was very good to deal with. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 1:46 PM, Going Underground said:

Same as it ever was.Not even a stinking holiday card this year.😀. No thank you call from your ticket rep for putting up with one of the worst seasons in baseball history.I guess they dont care and maybe the planned moved to Sam Antonio can happen sooner.i joke or not.

I didn’t get the lack of a holiday card.  

Maybe the analytics showed fans didn’t care about that or a cost cutting measure.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I didn’t get the lack of a holiday card.  

Maybe the analytics showed fans didn’t care about that or a cost cutting measure.....

I suspect a lot of last minute duties had no one to champion them. 

I have had good service again this season, and I don't have an special  go to persons any longer. Seems like the ticket office is working properly at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, weams said:

I suspect a lot of last minute duties had no one to champion them. 

I have had good service again this season, and I don't have an special  go to persons any longer. Seems like the ticket office is working properly at this point. 

Most people that work for the Orioles are really good. I  know why they went to Ticketmaster. now. Be interesting to see when tickets go on sale this year. Last year ,season tickets went on sale January 9th. Single game January 25th. Spring training January 13th but announced January 10th.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







  • Posts

    • I like the new musical diddys played on MASN in the background during games and going into breaks. Got rid of the old stuff. I like it, change everything.
    • Still a couple more months to go that could sway the voting for me.
    • TJ McFarland...easily one of my least liked pitchers of the Buck/DD era just absolutely carving us up. Kinda helps when you get strike calls at the ankles.
    • That was a shockingly bad strike 3 call by the umpire to Villar.  I have never seen a strike called that low in my life.  Of course it hurts less when you are up 7-2, but still, that was absurd.
    • While it's nice and everything, it doesn't change the fact that Smith is a huge liability defensively and that far outweighs the offense he brings. He's got to hit like Ortiz to offset that if we're going to keep putting him in left field.
    • Very pleased.  Our front office is going after appropriate refuse from other organizations (Ruiz, Smith Jr, Broxton, Wojo) and giving them chances.  We are building out what I expect will be a top 10 analytical organization and introducing analytics throughout the organization in a game of catch-up with the rest of baseball.  We are investing in technology that we didn't have before.  We spent good $ in the 2018-19 J2 period and are off to a great start in this one.  We made a good trade with Cashner.  I believe we had a good draft last month.  The major league team is playing more competent baseball than I expected - especially with our top starter injured.  I love the way the guys in the major league dugout are cheering for each other when there is success.  I think our GM and the rest of the FO are checking the boxes that we wanted checked. Regarding the actual performance of our players, I would we should be absolutely thrilled at the emergence of John Means and the performance of Trey Mancini - two all-star quality producers.  Our minor leaguers are performing IMO - as a whole - above expectations and showing tremendous depth. It's a rebuild.  We still have overhang of bad contracts - not a surprise.  We are giving opportunities to guys who will not succeed at the major league level. I would say the biggest reason I am pleased is that I have more confidence than at the beginning of the season that our next competitive team is NOT five years away.  It should not take until 2024 with the current minor leaguers we have, the projected payroll, the supplementary international talent.  Things are moving forward at a good pace.
    • o   Minnesota leads New York by a score of 9-5 in the 7th inning ........ you know, for all you Twins fans here on the OH.   o
  • Popular Contributors

  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...