Legend_Of_Joey

Favorite Orioles Minor Leaguer?

Mike Yaz, Garabez Rosa and Aderlin Rodriguez.  I only saw them in Spring Training mop up duty but Yaz just because, Rosa because he spent so much time with us and Aderlin because of his pop.  Only Yaz remains, so hope he gets a cup of Joe at some point this year - perhaps in Fenway.

• Upvote 2

This site made me start to love Chorye Spoone just before his body let him down. Really seemed like a kid who could be a very good ML pitcher, for a short time there.

Rick Short would be one - and I admit to generally not really caring much about players who aren't prospects.  But his consistent excellence in the minors and ability to make something in his very... short... cups of coffee impressed me.  I was very happy to give him - along with a bunch of other fans - a standing O in his first game with the Nats - before and after his first at bat (as a pinch hitter) - a solid single that knocked in a run.

Not bad career numbers in his 17 career plate appearances:  .400 batting average, 1.404 OPS, 265 OPS+.