Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Ravens offseason thread

17 minutes ago, Finisher said:

I don't see us signing Hunt because of the Rice thing, but he'd work too for dirt cheap. Just need to add playmakers on offense or Lamar is doomed.

Lamar is doomed anyway. Reminded me of Boller today. If they pin the future on him it's going to be a long 4 years.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

Lamar is doomed anyway. Reminded me of Boller today. If they pin the future on him it's going to be a long 4 years.

Defenses are starting to figure out how to play him. You are spot on about finding a QB that can throw. Gotta hope DeCosta doesn’t see the same thing Ozzie did and drafts his own guy. 

3 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I've been saying this for weeks....he's not accurate and he's careless with the ball. 

He is always is thinking about running first .... you can't change his instincts 

I think they see what they have next year....if it goes like you and I think they can look for a QB in 2020.

They will regret trading/releasing Joe...bank on it

27 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

You guys moving on from Maxx Williams with all the tight ends on the roster?

That’s a great question. Mark Andrews is the only one I really feel good about moving forward, but Boyle and Hurst have to be ahead of Williams, too.

After giving it 3 more seconds of thought, I keep Williams. Given our poor Oline and Lamar’s inevitable need to rely on safety valves, TE depth is important.

13 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I've been saying this for weeks....he's not accurate and he's careless with the ball. 

He is always is thinking about running first .... you can't change his instincts 

I think they see what they have next year....if it goes like you and I think they can look for a QB in 2020.

They will regret trading/releasing Joe...bank on it

On the carelessness with a ball, if a running back fumbles twice in 4 games he is Harbaugh's doghouse and stop getting the ball. If a punt returner fumbles twice in a season he is released.  Yet Lamar can fumble twice a game every game and it is no big deal to Harbaugh.   

12 minutes ago, atomic said:

On the carelessness with a ball, if a running back fumbles twice in 4 games he is Harbaugh's doghouse and stop getting the ball. If a punt returner fumbles twice in a season he is released.  Yet Lamar can fumble twice a game every game and it is no big deal to Harbaugh.   

Well said ! Forget the seven sacks and the INT.

The Ravens will have an awful stat next year in the giveaway/takeaway ratio.

but even when the ball is recovered by us the field position battle really suffers

What people dont realize about giving up on Lamar is that there is no ready made replacement.  The draft is barren, and all of the free agent QBs have the same ugly flaws.  You also have blinders on if you think he cant improve.  He provides an elite level of skill and with good coaching can improve.  I am not going to convince you, but at this point you have to give him a chance because there are not other options.  That said, I am perfectly willing if you get draft picks for Flacco and Harbaugh to use a 3/4 rd pick on another QB.  Maybe the kid from WV?

As for the offseason.

Trade Harbaugh and Flacco

Resign Pierce

Resign Mosely (or extend Owunsur as an alternative)

Resign Snead

Sign Paradis

Sign a good RB who can catch the ball.  Bell or Latavius Murray.

Draft Priorities: OL, WR, Safety, mid round QB

The NFL cap is going to go up around $8-$14 million so there is room for new signings.

What about Weddle? He said today that he will come back and play the last year of his contract if the Ravens want him back and if they don't then he will retire rather than go play for another team.

As much as we have beaten him up, myself included, I wouldn't mind bringing Weddle back as long as Jefferson is gone. We can't have two slow safeties again. They really need to draft a fast playmaking safety and I think a rookie could benefit a lot from playing with Weddle for a year. 

Man I don't know what to do with the QB position next year.   I mean.........I know that it's 99% likely that Lamar has the keys from the start...........I get not giving up on him after a couple months.

But although I certainly HOPE and BELIEVE that he should be able to be coached enough to stop turning it over so much...........I don't know how likely it is.    It could be a difficult year.

9 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Man I don't know what to do with the QB position next year.   I mean.........I know that it's 99% likely that Lamar has the keys from the start...........I get not giving up on him after a couple months.

But although I certainly HOPE and BELIEVE that he should be able to be coached enough to stop turning it over so much...........I don't know how likely it is.    It could be a difficult year.

Aside from the obvious improvements that Lamar has to make I think upgrading the offensive line is the biggest key to the offense next season. This offense has to be one of the best running teams in the league. For that to happen for a whole season I think they have to upgrade at LG and C and find a way to not be so predictable.  I'm not sure how to post it on here but I was just reading a tweet about how the Chargers pretty much knew what the Ravens were going to do by how they lined up because the Ravens had barely made any changes to the offense. They knew if it was a run or pass by how Stanley lined up and if there was a TE in the backfield they knew it was a run and where it was going.

I expect RG3 to be resigned.  If not him then Tyrod.  Giving up on Jackson after one bad game would be foolish.  Ain't gonna happen.  If Lamar doesn't show improvement with accuracy and ball control by the end of next year, fine move on.   I have no problem with getting rid of the ultra expensive and often injured Flacco a year early, expecially since he can't be bothered to scan the whole field for wide open and uncovered players.    Tyrod or RG3 would be just as good and fit the offense better.    

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Aside from the obvious improvements that Lamar has to make I think upgrading the offensive line is the biggest key to the offense next season. This offense has to be one of the best running teams in the league. For that to happen for a whole season I think they have to upgrade at LG and C and find a way to not be so predictable.  I'm not sure how to post it on here but I was just reading a tweet about how the Chargers pretty much knew what the Ravens were going to do by how they lined up because the Ravens had barely made any changes to the offense. They knew if it was a run or pass by how Stanley lined up and if there was a TE in the backfield they knew it was a run and where it was going.

This is both pretty depressing and....................slightly encouraging.    very slightly.

So it was more of a coaching failure................yea!!!!   wooooooo!

Did we get any offers for Harbaugh yet?