Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Ravens offseason thread

Over the Cap is predicting we will get a 3rd compensatory pick for losing Ryan Jensen.  Two thirds will help with us not having a second round pick. 

Makes sense, it seems clear that there are only two logical paths for the Ravens to take with Harbaugh:    trade him or extend him.

I would prefer the former, but Bisciotti has always really liked him.   I'm not a huge fan of extending him at this point, when his trade value may never be higher.

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

Makes sense, it seems clear that there are only two logical paths for the Ravens to take with Harbaugh:    trade him or extend him.

I would prefer the former, but Bisciotti has always really liked him.   I'm not a huge fan of extending him at this point, when his trade value may never be higher.

A 4 or 5 year extension for 12 million dollars means he can survive the Lamar failure. 

22 hours ago, atomic said:

I think it will impossible to get any decent wide receivers in free agency with Lamar as QB.  

Yet I believe you also said that Flacco never had a great receiver to throw too?  Why is that? Maybe Flacco doesn't make the players around him better.

23 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

Yet I believe you also said that Flacco never had a great receiver to throw too?  Why is that? Maybe Flacco doesn't make the players around him better.

The main reason was the inability to draft and develop a #1 receiver. Taylor, Perriman are just two of the busts for the Ravens. You have to blame the front office and coaching for these problems not Joe.

The Ravens receivers were Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Derek Mason. Smith was a #2 receiver on any good team and I think his numbers since he left proves that. Also Boldin, Steve Smith, and Mason were in decline when they came here.

On the flip side, The Steelers have had A Brown, Hines Ward, and Smith Schuster could be next. Plus their secondary receivers Wallace Randel El etc.

9 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The main reason was the inability to draft and develop a #1 receiver. Taylor, Perriman are just two of the busts for the Ravens. You have to blame the front office and coaching for these problems not Joe.

The Ravens receivers were Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Derek Mason. Smith was a #2 receiver on any good team and I think his numbers since he left proves that. Also Boldin, Steve Smith, and Mason were in decline when they came here.

On the flip side, The Steelers have had A Brown, Hines Ward, and Smith Schuster could be next. Plus their secondary receivers Wallace Randel El etc.

The post was that nobody would sign to play with Lamar.  Yet only players in decline wanted to play with Joe (according to you). 

9 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

The post was that nobody would sign to play with Lamar.  Yet only players in decline wanted to play with Joe (according to you). 

Not really Mitch .... The Ravens would have to trade for or sign in free agency to get a  #1 receiver. They haven't wanted to disrupt their draft as they've hoarded picks. As far as free agents, they've had cap issues that prevented them from spending big on a #1 receiver. They've been able to add complimentary types. And how often is a #1 receiver available in free agency???

18 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Not really Mitch .... The Ravens would have to trade for or sign in free agency to get a  #1 receiver. They haven't wanted to disrupt their draft as they've hoarded picks. As far as free agents, they've had cap issues that prevented them from spending big on a #1 receiver. They've been able to add complimentary types. And how often is a #1 receiver available in free agency???

Excuse after excuse for Flacco, Bottom line Flacco got an ELITE contract and hasn't played up to it. I'm willing to let Lamar learn and get better.  

28 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

Excuse after excuse for Flacco, Bottom line Flacco got an ELITE contract and hasn't played up to it. I'm willing to let Lamar learn and get better.  

Fine, I get it! Lamar is going to get a chance. His improvements are likely to be modest at best. Rush first QBs have an extremely high bust out rate. This is due to injury, and shortcomings in his QB skills.

I'm sure you are tired of hearing it ,,,,But He fumbles a ton and thats not likely correctable. He is very inaccurate even in college ( he puts his finger on the nose of the ball, and doesnt step into his throws). His football instincts are to run first. I don;t think you are going to change him.

I predict a lot of booing at M&T ....But we will see!

***** I am a Ravens fan through and through! So please dont make the mistake of thinking that I am rooting against him****************

I just read an article over at Baltimore Beatdown. Easily the worst one I have ever seen there. Calls out the fans for booing, says it might hurt the players feelings, and insinuates it's related to racism.

My pretty simple outlook. Fans buy the tickets, among other things, and can boo anytime they like. If you can't take the booing as a player go dig ditches for a living. The object is to win the game, so replacing a QB is no different than pulling any other player that isn't performing. As for the racism claim I find that ridiculous on so many levels. Ray Lewis, J. Ogden, Ed Reed, and many more say hi.

Having a website and opinion are fine. Just try to form an intelligent viewpoint first.

17 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I just read an article over at Baltimore Beatdown. Easily the worst one I have ever seen there. Calls out the fans for booing, says it might hurt the players feelings, and insinuates it's related to racism.

My pretty simple outlook. Fans buy the tickets, among other things, and can boo anytime they like. If you can't take the booing as a player go dig ditches for a living. The object is to win the game, so replacing a QB is no different than pulling any other player that isn't performing. As for the racism claim I find that ridiculous on so many levels. Ray Lewis, J. Ogden, Ed Reed, and many more say hi.

Having a website and opinion are fine. Just try to form an intelligent viewpoint first.

I've said I would have been booing also! I would have been booing John Harbaugh and his poor decision making!

I have very little patience for people that cry race as there 1st line of defense. Plenty of the crowd at M&T is African American! I think the same fans would've been booing if Joe had been performing poorly and they perceived a change could help!

The fans were booing Boller and calling for Redman and other back ups when he was bad!

The Cap projections

Projected 2019 Salary Cap 190 Million  (estimated)

Adjustments

+ Cap Carryover 4-5 million

-  Weddle Bonus 1 million bonus

- Dead Money     1-1.5 million

- Rookie increases 6 million

Cap $190

Player under contract plus adjustments $160 (+/- 4 million)

Estimated Cap space $30 million