Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

Interesting FAs

Recommended Posts

If they are still on the list on Feb 1st

Max contract: 1/4m

Some would only be offered a minor league contract

Some will have to fall through the cracks to still be available

 

 

Nate Karns SP  --- signed by O's on Feb 7th.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it is highly unlikely that the O's will be spending money the only way any of these players end up here is they literally have no other option.  I would guess that some would take milb deals with a ST invite over a ML deal with the OO's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Since it is highly unlikely that the O's will be spending money the only way any of these players end up here is they literally have no other option.  I would guess that some would take milb deals with a ST invite over a ML deal with the OO's.

Most will be signed by Feb 1st when the O's consider who is left.  I agree that good players will have to have no other option to fall to the O's.   What the O's will offer is the  opportunity to play in the majors on a one year contract at a modest salary.  As I said some on the list will only be offered a minor league contract  with a ST invite even with the O's.

The question is 'who will fall through the cracks?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Angels are making a lot of moves. I could see them offering one or two of these players a one-year pillow contract. If any fall to the Orioles, it's because no other team wants them. The O's should be a magnet for 4A players looking for their chance to show what they can do at the big league level. For someone with a major league career in the bank, they probably rate a little higher than an independent team as a 2019 home. And there would have to be a legitimate reason why we want that player. 

No more Kevin Millars. Elias should have a sign that says that on the wall behind his desk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, interloper said:

What about RP? I feel like that's the most likely area we spend on a FA. 

The O's have a lot of relievers. Here is the list I have: (pitchers in () are not on the major league roster.)

Relievers:(15)  Givens, Bleier, Castro, Fry, Araujo, Brice, Scott, Yacabonis, Kline, Hart,  Wright, Phillips, Carroll, (Gilmartin)(Luis Gonzalez)

Plus starters that may not make the rotation:   (7) Ramirez, Means, Rogers, Ortiz, Harvey, Tate. (Ynoa)

And there are only 7 reliever slots.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

The Angels are making a lot of moves. I could see them offering one or two of these players a one-year pillow contract. If any fall to the Orioles, it's because no other team wants them. The O's should be a magnet for 4A players looking for their chance to show what they can do at the big league level. For someone with a major league career in the bank, they probably rate a little higher than an independent team as a 2019 home. And there would have to be a legitimate reason why we want that player. 

No more Kevin Millars. Elias should have a sign that says that on the wall behind his desk.

I think the O's are rated a little above AAA.   The independent league is way down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joseph on a MiL deal. No other potential moves here for the O’s I think. Maybe they bring back Jones if he can’t find a deal elsewhere? I doubt it though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, interloper said:

What about RP? I feel like that's the most likely area we spend on a FA. 

I'm curious.  Why do you think so?  To my untrained eye, RP seems to be the least likely position the Orioles would be needing to go after in free agency, other than DH/1B.  The weaknesses seem more obvious and glaring everywhere else to me, but I'd be interested to learn of any nuances I might be missing, since I'm admittedly only scratching the surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm curious.  Why do you think so?  To my untrained eye, RP seems to be the least likely position the Orioles would be needing to go after in free agency, other than DH/1B.  The weaknesses seem more obvious and glaring everywhere else to me, but I'd be interested to learn of any nuances I might be missing, since I'm admittedly only scratching the surface.

 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

The O's have a lot of relievers. Here is the list I have: (pitchers in () are not on the major league roster.)

Relievers:(15)  Givens, Bleier, Castro, Fry, Araujo, Brice, Scott, Yacabonis, Kline, Hart,  Wright, Phillips, Carroll, (Gilmartin)(Luis Gonzalez)

Plus starters that may not make the rotation:   (7) Ramirez, Means, Rogers, Ortiz, Harvey, Tate. (Ynoa)

And there are only 7 reliever slots.

 

Yeah, on second thought, wildcard's right. Not a lot of room in the 'pen unless they want to get a couple guys a little more seasoning. I could see room for maybe one veteran reliever. 

Agree with Caleb on a MiL deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TommyPickles said:

Please no more Gentry...

Jones and Markakis will sign elsewhere. 

  

Yeah neither is signing for 1 year 4 million.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...