Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

Interesting FAs

Granderson signs with Marlins.   OP adjusted.  Right field options getting thin.  Yaz chances of making the team improving.

I say throw Cameron Maybin on there as an OF option.  There's some interesting bats in the OF left but most are fairly terrible at defense.

I say sign James Shields for the 5th spot in the rotation,  had more QS than any pitcher the orioles had last year, 1 year about 5 million.

16 minutes ago, REDMAN said:

I say sign James Shields for the 5th spot in the rotation,  had more QS than any pitcher the orioles had last year, 1 year about 5 million.

The idea of having a rotation with both James Shields and Andrew Cashner has triggered my gag reflex. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The idea of having a rotation with both James Shields and Andrew Cashner has triggered my gag reflex. 

Exactly!  and with Cobb's syrupy leg kick and diminishing stuff as a third member of the trilogy, it would make it difficult for me to "get up" for watching the aging starting pitching this year.

• Upvote 1

Guyer is off the board. He seemed like a guy to bring in on a milb deal for OF depth. 

I really think we should add a SP. Obviously we shouldn’t give out any significant money, but it would be smart to have a vet that could just get us to the ASB, and then we re-evaluate. Just someone to give us 15 GS and 80 IP in the first half. We can lose enough to get the first pick without losing 120. 

Santana, Bucholz, Colon, Brett Anderson, Fister. 

One of those types makes sense. I’m not even talking about flipping them for some prospect mid season. That’s a stretch. Just someone so the wheels don’t completely fall off the wagon. 

We can all say what’s the difference between losing 100 and losing 120?  20 more losses. With off days that’s damn near another month of misery over a long season. 

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Guyer is off the board. He seemed like a guy to bring in on a milb deal for OF depth. 

I really think we should add a SP. Obviously we shouldn’t give out any significant money, but it would be smart to have a vet that could just get us to the ASB, and then we re-evaluate. Just someone to give us 15 GS and 80 IP in the first half. We can lose enough to get the first pick without losing 120. 

Santana, Bucholz, Colon, Brett Anderson, Fister. 

One of those types makes sense. I’m not even talking about flipping them for some prospect mid season. That’s a stretch. Just someone so the wheels don’t completely fall off the wagon. 

We can all say what’s the difference between losing 100 and losing 120?  20 more losses. With off days that’s damn near another month of misery over a long season. 

Santana or Bucholz.

I see no reason to treat any of our young players, including Diaz, Hays, McKenna, and Mountcastle, like teams have treated Acuna, Robles or Guerrero Jr.  Those are huge talents.  If we can't have a replacement for a player like Hays ready some time during the next six years, we are royally screwed as a franchise.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I see no reason to treat any of our young players, including Diaz, Hays, McKenna, and Mountcastle, like teams have treated Acuna, Robles or Guerrero Jr.  Those are huge talents.  If we can't have a replacement for a player like Hays ready some time during the next six years, we are royally screwed as a franchise.

I'd say there is also a very good chance for major changes in the process with the next CBA.

• Upvote 1

There likely will be changes, but where there is a new rule, there is a wise guy figuring out a way around the new rule.

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I really think we should add a SP.  

Your wish has been granted!

How do you feel now?    :)