Roll Tide

Ravens promote Roman to Offensive Coordinator

I think this should end any speculation about a Harbaugh trade as well. If there were a chance he wasn't coming back they wouldn't be making other coaching staff moves.

With Roman and Wink Harbaugh might look like a good coach again.

I know it's going to draw some heat but I think it's pretty obvious who the Ravens should bring in as the backup QB...

23 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I know it's going to draw some heat but I think it's pretty obvious who the Ravens should bring in as the backup QB...

There are still some Ravens fans who haven't watched a single game since some of the players kneeled in London.  Hiring the backup QB you are thinking of might lose a good portion of this fanbase.  

As for Roman getting promoted, that's fine.  We need Lamar to work on ball control and passing over the winter or it won't matter who is calling the plays.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Who?

Roman will be given an opportunity to call plays and we will see. Hard to say if he's going to be a good OC.

Glad to see Marty is gone! I wonder if the change was Harbaugh's decision or management. I'm guessing the later!

I think Harbaugh is still up in the air! On 1 hand things have been quiet. I suspect they are waiting to see if Miami will cave to demands....If not they are fine keeping him.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think Harbaugh is still up in the air! On 1 hand things have been quiet. I suspect they are waiting to see if Miami will cave to demands....If not they are fine keeping him.

If it were up in the air I can't see them promoting Roman now, they could've just waited until they knew for sure. A new head coach would want his own coaches so why promote someone that you might have to fire a week later.

12 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

If it were up in the air I can't see them promoting Roman now, they could've just waited until they knew for sure. A new head coach would want his own coaches so why promote someone that you might have to fire a week later.

Unless the new coach was Wink, Rosburg or some other coach that would agree to keep . What we dont know is if there was any interest in Roman externally for a OC position.  You could be right but I think they are preparing to have Harbaugh here until he's not.

Just my opinion

39 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Unless the new coach was Wink, Rosburg or some other coach that would agree to keep . What we dont know is if there was any interest in Roman externally for a OC position.  You could be right but I think they are preparing to have Harbaugh here until he's not.

Just my opinion

I actually think this is the case, that if Harbaugh were traded Wink would be given the job and he is okay with Roman.

This is going to be a great chance for creative fans.

The offense can be called the Roman Legion, the Quarterback can be the Centurion, the offensive line can be the Praetorian Guard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

There are still some Ravens fans who haven't watched a single game since some of the players kneeled in London.  Hiring the backup QB you are thinking of might lose a good portion of this fanbase.  

As for Roman getting promoted, that's fine.  We need Lamar to work on ball control and passing over the winter or it won't matter who is calling the plays.  

There is no chance that Kaepernick is signed by th Ravens. And you can take that to the bank.

58 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Marty won't be back at all.

Perfect. Two years late, but better late than never.

1 hour ago, Brian88 said:

Marty won't be back at all.

We should've never hired him in any capacity in the first place. Surprised Harbaugh hasn't hired the Philly waterboy to a meaningful position yet.

Kubiak parting ways with Denver after .. hmmmmm.