Roll Tide

Ravens promote Roman to Offensive Coordinator

15 minutes ago, Finisher said:

We should've never hired him in any capacity in the first place. Surprised Harbaugh hasn't hired the Philly waterboy to a meaningful position yet.

Kubiak parting ways with Denver after .. hmmmmm.

Kubiak is a good OC 

18 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Kubiak is a good OC 

If I'm Bisciotti, I'm throwing money at Kubiak. I know we just gave the title to Roman, but Kubiak can be co-OC and call the plays. Roman can keep overseeing the run game, get a pay bump, whatever.

1 hour ago, Finisher said:

If I'm Bisciotti, I'm throwing money at Kubiak. I know we just gave the title to Roman, but Kubiak can be co-OC and call the plays. Roman can keep overseeing the run game, get a pay bump, whatever.

I would trade Harbs and give Kubiak the HC job!

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I would trade Harbs and give Kubiak the HC job!

Kubiak supposedly isn't interested in being a head coach again. I know it would never happen but trading Harbaugh for two first rounders and Kubiak taking his place and keeping our coordinators in place would've been the best possible scenario IMO.

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2019 at 12:09 PM, Brian88 said:

If it were up in the air I can't see them promoting Roman now, they could've just waited until they knew for sure. A new head coach would want his own coaches so why promote someone that you might have to fire a week later.

Maybe Harbaugh would take him with him.  

20 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Kubiak supposedly isn't interested in being a head coach again. I know it would never happen but trading Harbaugh for two first rounders and Kubiak taking his place and keeping our coordinators in place would've been the best possible scenario IMO.

Looks like Harbaugh is staying ...It will be interesting how long of a leash the new coach in Miami will have. I bet he doesn't get 3 years like Gase.

I saw that Pagano is the new coach of the Bears. A very wise choice if he inspires to be a head coach again.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Maybe Harbaugh would take him with him.  

Only way that would work is if the Ravens fired Roman.

24 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Only way that would work is if the Ravens fired Roman.

Now that He’s the OC and I think there was interest by other teams for the same title

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Now that He’s the OC and I think there was interest by other teams for the same title

You were right on that. 

Ravens OC Greg Roman's promotion was spurred on by teams showing interest in hiring him as coordinator. One such team? Miami. I'm told Brian Flores had Roman as OC on his staff list as he went through the interview process.

From Albert Breer's twitter

On 1/11/2019 at 11:02 AM, Brian88 said:

I like this move a lot.

From what I have read Roman is a run first offensive coordinator I am not sure why there are offensive coordinators these days who are run first. Look at the teams still in the playoffs. They all have great passing games.  The Patriots have made AFC championship game 8 years straight behind a strong passing game.  How many Super Bowls have been won by running Quarterbacks?  This talk about how Lamar is modeling himself Vick.  Vick didnt win anything.  

NFL is exciting these days everywhere except Baltimore.  Where we are bored to death by our offense.  I am checking out.  I will support another team.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

From what I have read Roman is a run first offensive coordinator I am not sure why there are offensive coordinators these days who are run first. Look at the teams still in the playoffs. They all have great passing games.  The Patriots have made AFC championship game 8 years straight behind a strong passing game.  How many Super Bowls have been won by running Quarterbacks?  This talk about how Lamar is modeling himself Vick.  Vick didnt win anything.  

NFL is exciting these days everywhere except Baltimore.  Where we are bored to death by our offense.  I am checking out.  I will support another team.  

Good