Roy Firestone

Please. Someone tell me what I can get excited about for this season.

Sure, its a re-build. But tell me which players are going to attract fans and make people spend good money to want to see those players? If we move Bundy and Cobb and if we trade Trumbo, what is this franchise going to do for an attraction? Its still the entertainment business. You NEED players that excite or create a buzz.How does this fanbase respond to players that few really know, or care about?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Sure, its a re-build. But tell me which players are going to attract fans and make people spend good money to want to see those players? If we move Bundy and Cobb and if we trade Trumbo, what is this franchise going to do for an attraction? Its still the entertainment business. You NEED players that excite or create a buzz.How does this fanbase respond to players that few really know, or care about?

Mark Trumbo isn't putting anybody's butts in the seats, save for the kids who don't know any better or are at the game because their parents brought them.  Never mind the fact that he isn't going to be ready for the start of the season, more than likely, and they aren't getting anything major for him .  The Orioles have already been burned both financially and in wins and losses by the terrible decisions of the past decision makers, and the fans have reacted by not coming.  How is getting rid of the same players the fans didn't care for or want to pay good money going to make it worse?

An outfield that isn't geriatric/slow? New faces?

That's all I got. :shrug:

It's going to suck in terms of performance and W/L. So you'll need to focus on micro transactions and players being called up/growing.

• Upvote 1

Don't spend good money, just watch on TV.

Or if you do spend good money to go, just have a good time and remind yourself what a joy OPACY is.  Remember how good it used to be and how good it can be again.

Well the Ravens season is over and my Baltimore sports withdrawal is acting up.   All I got now is Terps basketball and I have no faith in Turgeon. So I'm ready for spring training to start.

There's going to be a lot of new faces and players to follow. Never been more excited to see the rule V guys lol.  

·       Watching a skilled executive build a legit talent pipeline.

·       Not breaking out the coupons on draft day.

·       Actually signing a desirable Latin prospect in July.

·       Flipping Givens and Villar for actual prospects and not a grab bag of junk.

·       Manager and coaching staff that is managing/coaching a game/players in the modern era.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't be so pessimistic Roy. Things can't go any worse than last year. The Orioles are now the modern day money ball team. I am extremely excited. I look for the Orioles to be as good as the Astros one day. Just need to give it some time. It won't take 14 years. I guarantee you that.

5 minutes ago, oriole said:

Ketchup vs Mustard vs Relish

good lord take all my money. Just let me see that race

Mustard!   Always!

• Upvote 3

I do not think Bundy or Cobb will be traded this offseason.   

I’m excited to see which players improve under the new regime.   I’m mostly interested in Mullins, Stewart and Mancini on offense, and Bundy on the mound.    But it’s baseball, you never know where surprises are coming from, good or bad.   I’m just glad to have turned the page from 2018.   

• Like 1