Adventure Time

Enlightened

The Americans

Rectify

The Leftovers

Transparent

Jane the Virgin

Atlanta

The only one of these shows I’ve seen in its entirety is Breaking Bad. I’m in season 5 (of 6) of The Americans right now, and will finish it.   I’ve seen almost a full season of Mad Men.   I’ve seen a few episodes of Grey’s Anatomy.   Otherwise, I’ve seen nothing more than a few minutes of any of these.   In fact, I never heard of Deadwood, Adventure Time, Enlightened, Rectify, The Leftovers or Jane the Virgin.     I guess I’m out there on a cultural island.   

I think the list also reflects that they were trying to include shows that appealed to different types of audiences.

Wrap up the Americans.  We just finished that over the weekend.  Great ending.  Breaking Bad and The Wire are 1, 1a for me.  The Americans are a tick below for me.  

Mad Men started off well, but I got bored with it somewhere in the middle.

I like what I've seen from Atlanta, but haven't had the opportunity to see more.

I watched an episode of Jane the Virgin.  Not something I'd really get into, but it was pretty good.  I can see why it made the list.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:35 AM, Frobby said:

In chronological order by when they debuted:

The West Wing

The Shield

The Wire

Battlestar Galactica

Deadwood

Lost

Veronica Mars

Grey’s Anatomy

Friday Night Lights 

Mad Men

Breaking Bad

The Good Wife

Adventure Time

Enlightened

The Americans

Rectify

The Leftovers

Transparent

Jane the Virgin

Atlanta

The only one of these shows I’ve seen in its entirety is Breaking Bad. I’m in season 5 (of 6) of The Americans right now, and will finish it.   I’ve seen almost a full season of Mad Men.   I’ve seen a few episodes of Grey’s Anatomy.   Otherwise, I’ve seen nothing more than a few minutes of any of these.   In fact, I never heard of Deadwood, Adventure Time, Enlightened, Rectify, The Leftovers or Jane the Virgin.     I guess I’m out there on a cultural island.   

I think the list also reflects that they were trying to include shows that appealed to different types of audiences.

Adventure time is a great cartoon, even though I like Regular show better. Can't believe the Sopranos isn't up there. 

23 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Adventure time is a great cartoon, even though I like Regular show better. Can't believe the Sopranos isn't up there. 

Might want to read the thread title again :)

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You could read that as since the Sopranos started. 

That would be a weird way to phrase it if the Sopranos wasn't considered one of them. That'd be like saying, "Who are the best baseball teams since the 1988 Orioles?"

6 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

That would be a weird way to phrase it if the Sopranos wasn't considered one of them. That'd be like saying, "Who are the best baseball teams since the 1988 Orioles?"

If I were to say Francis Bacon is my favorite painter since the turn of the century I would be including 1900-1901.