Sign in to follow this  
Redskins Rick

2019 - Washington Redskins

What could possibly go wrong with adding to former coordinators to a staff when they tried and failed to replace the current coordinater?

23 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

What could possibly go wrong with adding to former coordinators to a staff when they tried and failed to replace the current coordinater?

not a thing. :)

Things I'd like for the Redskins do this offseason:

Bring back Josh Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Jonathan Cooper (LG).

Let Preston Smith and Crowder walk.

Cut/trade: Vernon Davis, Josh Norman, and Stacy McGee.

Draft Pollite (EDGE Florida) if he's available at 15.  If not, trade back if possible and land one of the wide receivers.

Draft Tyree Jackson or Brett Rypien in the third or fourth.  (I know they don't have a 4th currently, but it's not too difficult to trade for one by either moving back or up).

They need to do something about safety.  That's why I lean to bringing him back or addressing it in FA.  I believe Tennessee will have to let go of one of theirs.

I don't hate the idea of Lock at 15, but I wouldn't move up for a QB.

45 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Here's an earth shaking deal. RG3 doesnt like it, so it must be good. :)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/07/grading-washington-redskins-trade-for-qb-case-keenum

Maybe we can get Griffin to come back to be scout team safety.

I don't see how one can knock that trade.  They only had one QB on the current roster who can physically play.  And McCoy gets hurt all the time.  Now they have depth with Keenum for 3.5M.  They can still trade for Rosen or draft a QB.  But they don't have to get desperate.  They can also draft a project in the later rounds like Brett Rypien or Tyree Jackson and not play them in 2019.

This team makes a ton of bad moves.  This wasn't one of them.

11 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Maybe we can get Griffin to come back to be scout team safety.

I don't see how one can knock that trade.  They only had one QB on the current roster who can physically play.  And McCoy gets hurt all the time.  Now they have depth with Keenum for 3.5M.  They can still trade for Rosen or draft a QB.  But they don't have to get desperate.  They can also draft a project in the later rounds like Brett Rypien or Tyree Jackson and not play them in 2019.

This team makes a ton of bad moves.  This wasn't one of them.

RG3 is a clown, thats for sure.

I agree, not an earth shaking move, but depth for sure.

That’s definitely what the fans wanted

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38223/washington-redskins-free-agent-signings-landon-collins-fills-safety-leadership-needs

What's the risk: It's a huge investment at safety, with $45 million in guaranteed money. But an average of $14 million per year is a lot if Collins can only excel in the box and does not cover well -- as was stated about his time in New York. The Redskins need to pay someone big money and have that player be great. Too often they pay huge money for good play or worse.

Risky deal, could pay off, very well, or will be a bust, no middle of the road here. IMO