Sign in to follow this  
vatech1994

Terps vs Badgers

Rarely have I been as livid as I was during that 2 minute span early in the second half when the refs basically handed the game to Wisconsin with 4 straight ticky tack foul calls for Happ against our bigs to get all of them in foul trouble.  Three of those calls were really borderline. To have them all in 90 seconds to give Bruno fouls 3 and 4 and Jaylen foul 3 just sucked bad.  Bruno sat for 10 game minutes after that BS.

Add to that us getting no calls on drives to the hoop until very late and the Badgers refusing to miss threes the last 10 minutes of the game and it was a pretty frustrating night.  Jaylen Smith consistently comes up wanting in tight games it seems.  He was awful again tonight.  Cowen shot poorly late in the game but really didn’t play bad overall. He got no calls at all tonight which kills him.

Wisconsin played almost perfect and got a ton of close calls.  No way we win in those circumstances.  Annoying night.

11 hours ago, vatech1994 said:

Rarely have I been as livid as I was during that 2 minute span early in the second half when the refs basically handed the game to Wisconsin with 4 straight ticky tack foul calls for Happ against our bigs to get all of them in foul trouble.  Three of those calls were really borderline. To have them all in 90 seconds to give Bruno fouls 3 and 4 and Jaylen foul 3 just sucked bad.  Bruno sat for 10 game minutes after that BS.

Add to that us getting no calls on drives to the hoop until very late and the Badgers refusing to miss threes the last 10 minutes of the game and it was a pretty frustrating night.  Jaylen Smith consistently comes up wanting in tight games it seems.  He was awful again tonight.  Cowen shot poorly late in the game but really didn’t play bad overall. He got no calls at all tonight which kills him.

Wisconsin played almost perfect and got a ton of close calls.  No way we win in those circumstances.  Annoying night.

I agree. My Son and I were pretty pissed too. Sure would be nice if the Refs would go back to calling the game, instead of affecting the outcome so radically.

Yeah just a frustrating game. The refs took a lot of the wind out of our sails and after that point we just played badly to the end of the game. 

Pretty sure Happ committed an offensive foul on just about every possession but it was never called once.