Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

2019 Spring Training Tracker

Recommended Posts

So, after a couple weeks of ST and a solid week of games, any updated guesses on a W-L record?

I think Fangraphs had us at 63, base on I know not what, but I am squinting trying to see 70 wins.

Maybe Mike Wright has gotten some necessary guidance( “Hey! Video! Let’s give this a try!”) The Bullpen finds 7 worthwhile guys, including a couple #6 starters who combine for 20-25 good starts, helping to compensate for the rotation disasters 1-5? Maybe Mancini won’t sniff LF? Maybe Davis will be gone? Outfield defense outstanding, infield defense improving to at least neutral, and offense from enough guys?

70? Maybe? Help me out here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Philip said:

So, after a couple weeks of ST and a solid week of games, any updated guesses on a W-L record?

I think Fangraphs had us at 63, base on I know not what, but I am squinting trying to see 70 wins.

Maybe Mike Wright has gotten some necessary guidance( “Hey! Video! Let’s give this a try!”) The Bullpen finds 7 worthwhile guys, including a couple #6 starters who combine for 20-25 good starts, helping to compensate for the rotation disasters 1-5? Maybe Mancini won’t sniff LF? Maybe Davis will be gone? Outfield defense outstanding, infield defense improving to at least neutral, and offense from enough guys?

70? Maybe? Help me out here...

I really just have no faith in Cashner and Bundy and of course Karns is a huge question mark. And that's before you even have to worry about who's going to start every 5th day. I do think they will play better defense this year but I still think they will be near last in runs scored in the AL. I'd say 60 is reasonable and that should be considered an accomplishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTO's said:

I really just have no faith in Cashner and Bundy and of course Karns is a huge question mark. And that's before you even have to worry about who's going to start every 5th day. I do think they will play better defense this year but I still think they will be near last in runs scored in the AL. I'd say 60 is reasonable and that should be considered an accomplishment.

 I agree the rotation is the weak spot, but I think we will be able to score runs OK, I don’t know which teams will have which offense, I haven’t looked it up, but I think the rotation will be the problem. If we continue to show an improved Ability to work counts and draw walks, that will help a lot. Chris Davis has struck out almost half of his at bats, it will also help a lot if the team decides to cut bait with him. Then they can move Trumbo to DH and Mancini to first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Givens hasn't looked too good. He is struggling along tonight agains the Yankees (mainly the back ups.)

He struggled earlier this Spring too, leading to a high ERA and just general struggling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Givens hasn't looked too good. He is struggling along tonight agains the Yankees (mainly the back ups.)

He struggled earlier this Spring too, leading to a high ERA and just general struggling.

It’s now late enough in spring training to start getting worried about Givens.    He’s been awful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s now late enough in spring training to start getting worried about Givens.    He’s been awful.  

Really, all of the known starters and Givens have been pretty bad this spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated through 3/13..

I find it interesting that Hays is now playing RF, Santander LF. Could the opening day outfield by Santander, Mullins, Hays?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...