Jump to content
Greg Pappas

2019 NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

I still like Bradbury.  I don't think I'd take him in the first, but he's a day 1 starter--plug and play guy.  However there are a handful of interior linemen that would be good selections in the first three rounds, including McCoy.  I also like McGovern (PSU) and  Lindstrom (BC).

Yeah, both McGovern & Lindstrom are solid. Lindstrom in particular may slip into R1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypothetical:  These guys are gone in the top 14

Murray, Haskins, Lock, Taylor, JWilliams, Hockenson, Fant (7)

Bosa, Allen, QWilliams, Ferrell, Sweat, Gary,  Smith (7)

Would you trade up to 15 to take the next pick, and if so what would you give up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, backwardsk said:

Hypothetical:  These guys are gone in the top 14

Murray, Haskins, Lock, Taylor, JWilliams, Hockenson, Fant (7)

Bosa, Allen, QWilliams, Ferrell, Sweat, Gary,  Smith (7)

Would you trade up to 15 to take the next pick, and if so what would you give up?

I'd move up in front of Pittsburgh and draft White in this scenario. I'd try to do that with my 3rd rounder valued at 165  points. That would be good enough to move to #17. If White were there the pick before Pittsburgh, you could give the Titans our 3rd round comp pick (value100). 

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BAL

 

I think the Ravens are trading back to get the 2nd back that they wasted trading for the Lamar Jackson. Selection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a knowledgeable NFL fan, but I neither played nor bothered to understand football to the extent of deserving an opinion anyone should care about.

That said, DK Metcalf leaped off my television at the combine.  He runs powerfully and clocked at 4.3.  I did read he performed in the bottom decile in agility, though.  

How successful can an NFL receiver be with such an odd collection of skills and deficiencies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Catch 8 said:

I'm a knowledgeable NFL fan, but I neither played nor bothered to understand football to the extent of deserving an opinion anyone should care about.

That said, DK Metcalf leaped off my television at the combine.  He runs powerfully and clocked at 4.3.  I did read he performed in the bottom decile in agility, though.  

How successful can an NFL receiver be with such an odd collection of skills and deficiencies?

I expect Metcalf to go in the top 10 and there's almost no chance the Ravens can get up that high without selling their whole draft and or perhaps a future #1. Which is not the Ravens style. Also I'm concerned about his neck surgery and the possible shortening of his career.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 10:02 AM, Roll Tide said:

I'd move up in front of Pittsburgh and draft White in this scenario. I'd try to do that with my 3rd rounder valued at 165  points. That would be good enough to move to #17. If White were there the pick before Pittsburgh, you could give the Titans our 3rd round comp pick (value100). 

 http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BAL

 

I think the Ravens are trading back to get the 2nd back that they wasted trading for the Lamar Jackson. Selection

I doubt they trade out of the first round.  First round you control for 5 years. I would think as far back as you would go is 32.  Also the times the Ravens traded out of the first round they got Kindle and Upshaw.  And even when they traded back from a very high second they got Correa.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, atomic said:

I doubt they trade out of the first round.  First round you control for 5 years. I would think as far back as you would go is 32.  Also the times the Ravens traded out of the first round they got Kindle and Upshaw.  And even when they traded back from a very high second they got Correa.  

With the Ravens it seems to be about draft capital. Or it was with Ozzie. With Decosta it might be about best player at a position of need. If the Ravdns are looking to fill a hole a DE they might be better off trading that first rounder. 

What good does a top wideout do for some like Jackson? I think the Ravens go OLine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atomic said:

I doubt they trade out of the first round.  First round you control for 5 years. I would think as far back as you would go is 32.  Also the times the Ravens traded out of the first round they got Kindle and Upshaw.  And even when they traded back from a very high second they got Correa.  

The Patriots have multiple firsts and seconds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter King has the Ravens drafting the best available MLB. If either of Bush or White is available I'd wholeheartedly agree. I'd even move up a few slots in the 1st to jump on n front of Pittsburgh to get one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Peter King has the Ravens drafting the best available MLB. If either of Bush or White is available I'd wholeheartedly agree. I'd even move up a few slots in the 1st to jump on n front of Pittsburgh to get one?

I have a hard time seeing either of those guys slipping past 15.  I'd be shocked to see White fall out of the top 10.  Guys slip all of the time, but I'd still be pretty surprised.

May be a little too high to get Mack Wilson at that spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 11:43 PM, Catch 8 said:

I'm a knowledgeable NFL fan, but I neither played nor bothered to understand football to the extent of deserving an opinion anyone should care about.

That said, DK Metcalf leaped off my television at the combine.  He runs powerfully and clocked at 4.3.  I did read he performed in the bottom decile in agility, though.  

How successful can an NFL receiver be with such an odd collection of skills and deficiencies?

The main knock on Metcalf is his route running which has certainly killed the careers of former R1-R2 WRs and has helped late round guys like Antonio Brown as of late to excel beyond their draft position. Metcalf's combine metrics compare to Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffrey to give a range of NFL potential. Hill was highly touted due to his athleticism and size with also a 4.3 40 yd dash at similar size. He was a bust due in large part to his inability to grasp the professional route running tree. The main difference between Metcalf and these guys is that he is a lot stronger. He had about 10-12 more reps than these guys on the bench press. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wd40 said:

The main knock on Metcalf is his route running which has certainly killed the careers of former R1-R2 WRs and has helped late round guys like Antonio Brown as of late to excel beyond their draft position. Metcalf's combine metrics compare to Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffrey to give a range of NFL potential. Hill was highly touted due to his athleticism and size with also a 4.3 40 yd dash at similar size. He was a bust due in large part to his inability to grasp the professional route running tree. The main difference between Metcalf and these guys is that he is a lot stronger. He had about 10-12 more reps than these guys on the bench press. 

Metcalf is a top 5 and isn’t falling. I bet the Steelers grab him if he falls. Brown is only there due to the lisfranc injury. You have to be willing to get little or nothing in year 1. I’m betting he’s out of round 1 and is a good target if you trade back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 6:02 PM, Roll Tide said:

Metcalf is a top 5 and isn’t falling. I bet the Steelers grab him if he falls. Brown is only there due to the lisfranc injury. You have to be willing to get little or nothing in year 1. I’m betting he’s out of round 1 and is a good target if you trade back

Wait, are you saying Metcalf is a top 5 prospect or a top 5, receiving prospect?  

I cant agree with the former, but could get behind the latter.  Though I think I'd prefer Harry, Whiteside, Butler, Brown and Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I know a lot of people want to see White happen, but I got to say I haven't seen a mock with him out of the top 10 in a very long time.

Unless there is a crazy video of him taking bong hits, like Miami's tackle, yeah, he's top 10.  Maybe even number 5 to Tampa.

Yahoo! Sports did their mock draft today and had Marquise Brown to Baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...