Sign in to follow this  
Oriole4Life

Terps vs. Cornhuskers

I was in France skiing last week, looks like I left at the right time haha.  Now it's time to get back on track!  Terps need to keep building their resume, there are no guarantees they are in the tournament.  A win at Nebraska would help.  Cornhuskers are a slight favorite at home.  They have lost five straight.  Let's see if we can make it six.

Somehow I slept through my alarm, just woke up.  Terps playing great defense the last few possessions.  Lindo hustling all over the place!

Jalen just tweaked his ankle :/  He somehow was able to tweak it and continue the play and score.

Maryland moved the ball extremely well the final six minutes of the first half.  Bruno zipped it out of the post to Wiggins who strokes a three.  I love seeing that.  Playing suffocating defense.

28-20 Terps at the half.

Wiggins gets all ball and gets called for a foul 😠

Fernando is playing amazing defense and rebounding his face off.  Just as I say that he gives up an offensive rebound to Roby.

White guy flops, Fernando dunks on him, Nebraska coach gets T'd up cuz it looked like perhaps a charge and Fernando intentionally stepped on him.  To me it wasn't obvious that he did, he landed and his foot came down on him.  He might have added a little emphasis though.  Calm down Bruno.

3 minutes ago, Oriole4Life said:

White guy flops, Fernando dunks on him, Nebraska coach gets T'd up cuz it looked like perhaps a charge and Fernando intentionally stepped on him.  To me it wasn't obvious that he did, he landed and his foot came down on him.  He might have added a little emphasis though.  Calm down Bruno.

He didn't press down... landed on him, realized he was on someone and immediately moved his foot.  Not T-worthy in and of itself.  Though he did shake his other leg free pretty violently.

The no-call here seems like a makeup call for the Jalen Smith charge a couple minutes before.  That was BS in my opinion - the defender (same one) was in the restricted zone, then shuffled his feet out of it just as Smith went to the air.  That doesn't seem to meet the definition of established position.

• Upvote 1

Terps have responded extremely well after the Huskers cut it to two.  Wiggins comes down and strokes a 3, I swear every game he hits a couple huge shots from beyond the arc in key situations.  Then Cowan weaves in the lane and finds Stix for an alley oop.  In general Maryland is passing the ball extremely well on offense and moving around, then playing good defense and boxing out on rebounds.  The energy has been great tonight.

Good win.  Nebraska may not be a great team, but there are no easy road wins in this league.  Season sweep is nice.

Six days off until a big home game vs. Purdue.  Three next games are against top 25 opponents.

Good win, but the game was ugly.  The terps knew they were going to win this one early and their focus went in and out because of it.

Purdue at home is a very big game.

Solid game.  Still playing like the young team that they are, but they still play very good defense, and they all seem to be playing a complete game, not taking plays off...playing tough with a tough schedule...

3 hours ago, Hallas said:

He didn't press down... landed on him, realized he was on someone and immediately moved his foot.  Not T-worthy in and of itself.  Though he did shake his other leg free pretty violently.

DVRed the game and just watched and rewatched that play a few times. Guy obviously flopped and then wrapped/locked Bruno's leg with his legs. That's why Bruno kinda freed his leg aggressively and why his other foot landed on the guy - and he clearly removed his foot pretty much immediately when it landed on top of defender's body, not like he stomped the guy. Funny how there was absolutely no mention of defender there wrapping Bruno's leg. LOL at Miles, fans and post game analysts acting like this was some over the top bad missed call. Losing their minds when we have endless horrendous calls go against us. Seriously, Nebraska defenders were all over our guys, ton of non calls which seems to be a trend.

2 hours ago, Finisher said:

DVRed the game and just watched and rewatched that play a few times. Guy obviously flopped and then wrapped/locked Bruno's leg with his legs. That's why Bruno kinda freed his leg aggressively and why his other foot landed on the guy - and he clearly removed his foot pretty much immediately when it landed on top of defender's body, not like he stomped the guy. Funny how there was absolutely no mention of defender there wrapping Bruno's leg. LOL at Miles, fans and post game analysts acting like this was some over the top bad missed call. Losing their minds when we have endless horrendous calls go against us. Seriously, Nebraska defenders were all over our guys, ton of non calls which seems to be a trend.

This one could have gone either way in my opinion (the actual basketball play, that is.) Fernando did jam his elbow inside the defender's personal space and made contact, even if he flopped like a wet noodle.

Iagree with your assessment of the extra stuff.