Jump to content
Rene88

Orioles Sign Eric Young Jr to mil deal

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Impacting Stewart is why I don’t like it. Although, there’s no guarantee he was moving Mancini out of LF.

I think he might take a roster spot.  That could impact someone in the outfield.    Mostly plays left field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think this could impact Stewart and means no return of Adam Jones.

I think it also puts to bed those rumors of signing Bryce Harper.  

And nothing puts the fear of God in a young(er) guy like Stewart more than a journeyman at the same position who's OPS'd .604 in the majors over the last five years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think it also puts to bed those rumors of signing Bryce Harper.  

And nothing puts the fear of God in a young(er) guy like Stewart more than a journeyman at the same position who's OPS'd .604 in the majors over the last five years.

You are probably right.  He does well at AAA but has not been able to translate that to the majors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You are probably right.  He does well at AAA but has not been able to translate that to the majors.

He's hit .300 with an .800 OPS at Salt Lake, but the team OPS'd .841 last year, and they were a .500 team.  You have to take a lot of helium out of those numbers to translate to sea level in Norfolk or Baltimore.  D.J. Stewart's .716 in Norfolk would almost certainly be .800+ at Salt Lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He's hit .300 with an .800 OPS at Salt Lake, but the team OPS'd .841 last year, and they were a .500 team.  You have to take a lot of helium out of those numbers to translate to sea level in Norfolk or Baltimore.  D.J. Stewart's .716 in Norfolk would almost certainly be .800+ at Salt Lake.

I just have a problem with Elias fielding two slow guys in the  outfield of with Mancini and Stewart at the same time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Impacting Stewart is why I don’t like it. Although, there’s no guarantee he was moving Mancini out of LF.

I can’t see Elias letting a journeyman impact Stewart. This impacts Rickard and may trickle down to Ruiz depending on what type of bench they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I wouldn't count on him making the 25-man automatically. It's a minor league deal after all.

Well I could look at it as Diaz and/or  Hays beginning  the  season in AA and Young being a stopgap player at AAA until they are promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I can’t see Elias letting a journeyman impact Stewart. This impacts Rickard and may trickle down to Ruiz depending on what type of bench they want. 

I think its way too early to jump to conclusions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I wouldn't count on him making the 25-man automatically. It's a minor league deal after all.

I would certainly hope they're not guaranteeing a 25-man slot to a 32-year-old who is a low-.600s OPS hitter.  If anyone reflexively knocks 200 points off a Salt Lake OPS it's Mike Elias.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I just have a problem with Elias fielding two slow guys in the  outfield of with Mancini and Stewart at the same time.   

Stewart isn't slow, not like Mancini and Jones are slow.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Stewart isn't slow, not like Mancini and Jones are slow.

I think people are all worked up about a starting lineup that isnt set in stone yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think its way too early to jump to conclusions.

I think we can jump right into the conclusion that it would be embarrassing if April 1st rolled around and Norfolk didn't have enough bodies on the roster.

I also think Elias is doing a science experiement.  He wants to see what it's like for a player to go straight from a 120 park effect to an 80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...