Jump to content
Rene88

Orioles Sign Eric Young Jr to mil deal

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why does it matter then if he comes back? Either way he isn’t finishing his career here. 

I does not have to be Adam but the O's need a right fielder with decent range and arm.  Adam could do that.  If the O's want their pitchers to have value at the trade deadline and the younger ones to progress they have to be a decent fielding team behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wildcard said:

I does not have to be Adam but the O's need a right fielder with decent range and arm.  Adam could do that.  If the O's want their pitchers to have value at the trade deadline and the younger ones to progress they have to be a decent fielding team behind them.

Maybe it was due to the lost season but Adam did not exactly look great in RF last year. 

Pretty obvious Elias is trying to improve the defense while not investing much money to block any young talent. I want to see Stewart play myself. I think you are overstating Jones’ range at this stage in his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Maybe it was due to the lost season but Adam did not exactly look great in RF last year. 

Pretty obvious Elias is trying to improve the defense while not investing much money to block any young talent. I want to see Stewart play myself. I think you are overstating Jones’ range at this stage in his career. 

Jones had started 2 games in his whole major league career in right field before the moved him last year.  He was not familiar with the angles or the walls.   Jones can play a good right field give time to adapt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wildcard said:

Jones had started 2 games in his whole major league career in right field before the moved him last year.  He was not familiar with the angles or the walls.   Jones can play a good right field give time to adapt.

Gosh I wish you'd use modifiers like "I think", "I believe" or "in my opinion" instead of stating feelings as facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Gosh I wish you'd use modifiers like "I think", "I believe" or "in my opinion" instead of stating feelings as facts.

OK

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Jones had started 2 games in his whole major league career in right field before the moved him last year.  He was not familiar with the angles or the walls.   Jones can play a good right field give time to adapt.

Either way I just don’t think his glove is that big of a difference maker. 

I don’t think fans of other teams are saying that Adam Jones glove is a game changer. 

Elias is definitely trying to make this team more athletic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Jones had started 2 games in his whole major league career in right field before the moved him last year.  He was not familiar with the angles or the walls.   Jones can play a good right field give time to adapt.

His arm has declined and so has his foot speed. Couple that with obvious offensive decline and I'm not sure he's even an average every day player. His WAR projections of ~1 feel about right to me. 

By comparison, DJ Stewart is projected at 0.8 by Depth Charts to Adam Jones' 1.2. They're both likely to be below average, I don't see the point in paying money to play the below average 34 year old on an awful team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

His arm has declined and so has his foot speed. Couple that with obvious offensive decline and I'm not sure he's even an average every day player. His WAR projections of ~1 feel about right to me. 

By comparison, DJ Stewart is projected at 0.8 by Depth Charts to Adam Jones' 1.2. They're both likely to be below average, I don't see the point in paying money to play the below average 34 year old on an awful team.

Saying that Adam arm has declined is not to say that it is below average for a right fielder.   Stewart's is.  Adam had amazing arm a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Saying that Adam arm has declined is not to say that it is below average for a right fielder.   Stewart's is.  Adam had amazing arm a few years ago.

Do you know that Stewart has improved his throwing from when he was drafted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I just have a problem with Elias fielding two slow guys in the  outfield of with Mancini and Stewart at the same time.   

Stewart is not that slow and is actually an average defender even it's not always pretty. His arm though would be a bit of a disadvantage in RF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...