Sign in to follow this  
calebelias

Can Dean Kremer make the club this year?

I’m a big fan of this kid the more I read. He loves the new analytical approach. He strikes people out and Elias has gone on record as saying that he values the strikeout as a main proponent in judging young pitchers. Lastly, he already has built his innings up. One of my biggest complaints is the way the O’s have handled young pitchers with kid gloves. Let ‘em throw!!  I’m pulling for this kid as a 5th starter.

• Upvote 1

I'm a huge supporter of him and we have him higher than anyone else in the prospects rankings. Saying that, he's not making the jump to the majors for no other reason than there is no reason to start his clock. I see him starting 2019 in AA.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm a huge supporter of him and we have him higher than anyone else in the prospects rankings. Saying that, he's not making the jump to the majors for no other reason than there is no reason to start his clock. I see him starting 2019 in AA.

I hope you are right.  And I hope he stays in the minors until 2020.   We may see Akin in July when Cobb is traded though.

43 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I hope you are right.  And I hope he stays in the minors until 2020.   We may see Akin in July when Cobb is traded though.

Hopefully that gets us a top 50 prospect or two. We all can dream! Pretty exciting pitchers and catchers report tomorrow. 

Since it is probably SMART to wait, I think this is what Mike & Co. will do.

I would love to see him, but that is just the fan in me.

I believe he led the minors in strikeouts. He was really a great get from a great system. We’re going to be terrible next year. There’s no point in starting his service clock. The earliest he should be up is 2020. After June 1, 2020 would be preferable. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

I don't think service time games make as much sense for pitchers as they do for position players. I don't think pushing him until June 2020 makes sense if he shows he is ready before then. That said, he has only made 9 starts at AA, he could definitely benefit from more time in the minors. He needs to be added to the 40-man roster at the end of this season, if he has a good season I definitely think he is a candidate for a September call-up and a couple spot starts with a good chance of making the Opening Day 2020 rotation. 

This depends on how ST goes.  If they are struggling with the 4th and 5th starter spots and he has a solid spring training I can see them bringing him back to Baltimore with them.  If it doesn't work out don't wait long just send him to Bowie or Norfolk and hopefully bring him back later in the summer.

Having only spent half a season in AA I would imagine he starts the season in Bowie and will eventually move up to Norfolk with his earliest call up to the O’s coming in 2020. 

I think Tate having pitched more than a full season in AA has a much better shot earning the 5th starter job.

14 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's the one pitcher I am excited about in the organization.  

I think he'll be up in the later half of the year if all goes well.

Hmmm. I understand moving on from Harvey and liking, but not being excited about guys like Akin, but you're not excited about Hall or Rodriguez? Too far away?

31 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Hmmm. I understand moving on from Harvey and liking, but not being excited about guys like Akin, but you're not excited about Hall or Rodriguez? Too far away?

Yeah, Hall and Rodriguez are too far away.  

2 hours ago, jrobb21613 said:

Having only spent half a season in AA I would he starts the season in Bowie and will eventually move up to Norfolk with his earliest call up to the I’s coming in 2020. 

I think Tate having pitched more than a full season in AA has a much better shot earning the 5th starter job.

I don’t think either has much chance at all.