wildcard

Spring Training Observations and Photos/Video Thread

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think #25 is going to be a pitcher.  Bullpen is going to have to eat a lot of innings this year.

Or they might get their miles worth out of the shuttle.

It'll be interesting the first month, especially if weather plays a factor.

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Or they might get their miles worth out of the shuttle.

It'll be interesting the first month, especially if weather plays a factor.

I'm thinking both.

If anyone else has MLBTV I'd suggest watching the final play of today's game and see the pick Mountcastle made at first. Very nice play all around. Mountcastle has looked very natural at first so far and has flashed his athleticism on a few places. If he were to develop as a plus defender there, that would do wonders from a value perspective going forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Baseball America

Richie Martin, SS, Orioles. The No. 1 pick in the Rule 5 draft so far has held his own in the early going. Martin had a hit yesterday and is now hitting .438 (7-for-16). It's still early in spring training, but Martin has rewarded the Orioles' faith so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it isn't good when they have to come in, but I have been impressed with 3 pitchers the Orioles seem to usually bring over from the Minors Camp: Tanner Chleborad, Zach Muckinhirn, and Diogenes Almengo.

I've liked Chleborad since Frederick 2 seasons ago and am glad he is doing well against the MLB players. I don't know much about Muckinhirn, but he is growing on me. I don't know diddly about Diogenes, but I hope to see him a bunch in Frederick.

I think Diogenes is the only one to have primarily faced "minor league" guys, while Chleborad and Muckinhirn have come in when one of the MLB guys struggles and have gotten out of the inning without any issues.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Has Brady been around?

With Kristin Hudak, Orioles PR, last weekend at an event.

D0nyth8WsAEw2a6.jpg

46 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Brady looks like he has had botox or other work done. 

Yeah, if that P90x guy Tony Horton ever dies they could just substitute him in.

Wife and I are heading down to Florida this week and will be at the Boston game Wednesday night.  Is it too soon to know what pitchers are expected to go in that game? I am disappointed that Hays, Diaz, and Santander all got sent down before our trip.  I was looking forward to watching those guys play. 

52 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Wife and I are heading down to Florida this week and will be at the Boston game Wednesday night.  Is it too soon to know what pitchers are expected to go in that game? I am disappointed that Hays, Diaz, and Santander all got sent down before our trip.  I was looking forward to watching those guys play. 

Looks like Hess.

• Thanks 1