Jump to content
Greg Pappas

NEWS: Joe Flacco Traded to Broncos

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Just because he’s not our starter doesn’t mean he’s not starting caliber. When KC traded Smith he was technically still the starter but they decided to go with Mahomes. 

Many QBs can play into their 40s ... Joe could easily start another 2-3 years regardless.How old are Brees and Brady.

If the Broncos win 9 or more games Elway will consider the deal a big win. 4th rounders are usually role players at best to start 

Hahahaha.

Flacco will get replace before the end of the season by whoever they draft.  Just like this year.  With Flacco they have 4 definite losses against SD and KC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Hahahaha.

Flacco will get replace before the end of the season by whoever they draft.  Just like this year.  With Flacco they have 4 definite losses against SD and KC.

I doubt they select a QB now. I’m betting they give Joe a season or two.

on your last sentence... every year people predict wins and losses and many turn out to be wrong. Some teams that are supposed to be good end up being bad and visa versa. 

An injury to Rivers could wipe out SD and the same to Mahomes.

Joe is good enough to defeat either of those guys on any given day. Booking 4 automatic losses like you did is just foolish.

tell you what ... let’s make a bet on the 4 games. You say they are all loses and I will say Denver doesn’t lose all 4. We could put a brew on it or something nominal??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here an article from NFL.com

Manning retired after the 2015-16 season. Draft pundits have assumed that the Broncos will make a play for a quarterback in this year's draft, and they still could even after agreeing to acquire Flacco, but the fact that the Broncos will be paying both Flacco and Keenum (if they can't trade him) certainly makes it less likely they'll use the 10th pick on a quarterbacks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Just because he’s not our starter doesn’t mean he’s not starting caliber. When KC traded Smith he was technically still the starter but they decided to go with Mahomes. 

Many QBs can play into their 40s ... Joe could easily start another 2-3 years regardless.How old are Brees and Brady.

If the Broncos win 9 or more games Elway will consider the deal a big win. 4th rounders are usually role players at best to start 

As I said, he's probably a bottom-half starter in the league right now.  He hasn't ranked better than 17th in QBR since 2014.

 

Brees and Brady are some of the best ever at their positions.  You're really going to compare them with Joe "Elite" Flacco?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hallas said:

As I said, he's probably a bottom-half starter in the league right now.  He hasn't ranked better than 17th in QBR since 2014.

 

Brees and Brady are some of the best ever at their positions.  You're really going to compare them with Joe "Elite" Flacco?

The comparisons were made in regards to age. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, Roll Tide said:

I doubt they select a QB now. I’m betting they give Joe a season or two.

on your last sentence... every year people predict wins and losses and many turn out to be wrong. Some teams that are supposed to be good end up being bad and visa versa. 

An injury to Rivers could wipe out SD and the same to Mahomes.

Joe is good enough to defeat either of those guys on any given day. Booking 4 automatic losses like you did is just foolish.

tell you what ... let’s make a bet on the 4 games. You say they are all loses and I will say Denver doesn’t lose all 4. We could put a brew on it or something nominal??

Maybe you want to bet Joe wins all 4 of those games, since you think he is so great?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

Maybe you want to bet Joe wins all 4 of those games, since you think he is so great?

I’m not saying he’d win all four. The previous post said chalk up 4 guaranteed losses. Imo there is no way that happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, Roll Tide said:

Just because he’s not our starter doesn’t mean he’s not starting caliber. When KC traded Smith he was technically still the starter but they decided to go with Mahomes. 

Many QBs can play into their 40s ... Joe could easily start another 2-3 years regardless.How old are Brees and Brady.

If the Broncos win 9 or more games Elway will consider the deal a big win. 4th rounders are usually role players at best to start 

How is that a win? With 9 wins they'll still be firmly behind the Chiefs and Chargers and will probably fall short of the 6th WC. But they'll be picking around 16-20 in the draft and far away from the 2020 elite QBs. They should be keeping all their draft capital and rebuild to compete with KC. Instead they're giving up a relatively good pick for a marginal at best "upgrade."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LTO's said:

How is that a win? With 9 wins they'll still be firmly behind the Chiefs and Chargers and will probably fall short of the 6th WC. But they'll be picking around 16-20 in the draft and far away from the 2020 elite QBs. They should be keeping all their draft capital and rebuild to compete with KC. Instead they're giving up a relatively good pick for a marginal at best "upgrade."

They won 6 games last year 9-10 wins would be a major improvement.

San Diego being as good as they were is no sure thing. I expected expect KC to be good again but in the NFL it’s foolish to write anything down before he season is usually a fools quest. 

A handful of teams from this years playoff group won’t be in there next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

They won 6 games last year 9-10 wins would be a major improvement.

San Diego being as good as they were is no sure thing. I expected expect KC to be good again but in the NFL it’s foolish to write anything down before he season is usually a fools quest. 

A handful of teams from this years playoff group won’t be in there next year. 

Improvement is a relative term. Nine > 6 obviously but if they aren't able to draft one of the premium QBs (which they won't be able to with 9 wins) then they'll be stuck treading water with an aging and declining Flacco and starting every season praying for the WC or for Mahomes to tear an ACL. That's not really a place you want to be in.

And of course some teams that made it last year won't be there next year for a variety of reasons but the Broncos aren't better than the Browns, Titans, Steelers, and if the Jags get Foles, they won't be better than them either. The Ravens made out like bandits getting anything for Flacco let alone a high end 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LTO's said:

Improvement is a relative term. Nine > 6 obviously but if they aren't able to draft one of the premium QBs (which they won't be able to with 9 wins) then they'll be stuck treading water with an aging and declining Flacco and starting every season praying for the WC or for Mahomes to tear an ACL. That's not really a place you want to be in.

And of course some teams that made it last year won't be there next year for a variety of reasons but the Broncos aren't better than the Browns, Titans, Steelers, and if the Jags get Foles, they won't be better than them either. The Ravens made out like bandits getting anything for Flacco let alone a high end 4th.

If Joe is good in their system Elway won’t care about his age. Elway won his Superbowls late. In the right system Joe can be better than he was here. It will be interested to see if they redo his contract. I think that will tell you a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...