Greg Pappas

NEWS: Joe Flacco Traded to Broncos

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Just because he’s not our starter doesn’t mean he’s not starting caliber. When KC traded Smith he was technically still the starter but they decided to go with Mahomes. 

Many QBs can play into their 40s ... Joe could easily start another 2-3 years regardless.How old are Brees and Brady.

If the Broncos win 9 or more games Elway will consider the deal a big win. 4th rounders are usually role players at best to start 

Hahahaha.

Flacco will get replace before the end of the season by whoever they draft.  Just like this year.  With Flacco they have 4 definite losses against SD and KC.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Hahahaha.

Flacco will get replace before the end of the season by whoever they draft.  Just like this year.  With Flacco they have 4 definite losses against SD and KC.

I doubt they select a QB now. I’m betting they give Joe a season or two.

on your last sentence... every year people predict wins and losses and many turn out to be wrong. Some teams that are supposed to be good end up being bad and visa versa. 

An injury to Rivers could wipe out SD and the same to Mahomes.

Joe is good enough to defeat either of those guys on any given day. Booking 4 automatic losses like you did is just foolish.

tell you what ... let’s make a bet on the 4 games. You say they are all loses and I will say Denver doesn’t lose all 4. We could put a brew on it or something nominal??

Here an article from NFL.com

Manning retired after the 2015-16 season. Draft pundits have assumed that the Broncos will make a play for a quarterback in this year's draft, and they still could even after agreeing to acquire Flacco, but the fact that the Broncos will be paying both Flacco and Keenum (if they can't trade him) certainly makes it less likely they'll use the 10th pick on a quarterbacks 

6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Just because he’s not our starter doesn’t mean he’s not starting caliber. When KC traded Smith he was technically still the starter but they decided to go with Mahomes. 

Many QBs can play into their 40s ... Joe could easily start another 2-3 years regardless.How old are Brees and Brady.

If the Broncos win 9 or more games Elway will consider the deal a big win. 4th rounders are usually role players at best to start 

As I said, he's probably a bottom-half starter in the league right now.  He hasn't ranked better than 17th in QBR since 2014.

Brees and Brady are some of the best ever at their positions.  You're really going to compare them with Joe "Elite" Flacco?

13 hours ago, Hallas said:

As I said, he's probably a bottom-half starter in the league right now.  He hasn't ranked better than 17th in QBR since 2014.

Brees and Brady are some of the best ever at their positions.  You're really going to compare them with Joe "Elite" Flacco?

The comparisons were made in regards to age. 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, Roll Tide said:

I doubt they select a QB now. I’m betting they give Joe a season or two.

on your last sentence... every year people predict wins and losses and many turn out to be wrong. Some teams that are supposed to be good end up being bad and visa versa. 

An injury to Rivers could wipe out SD and the same to Mahomes.

Joe is good enough to defeat either of those guys on any given day. Booking 4 automatic losses like you did is just foolish.

tell you what ... let’s make a bet on the 4 games. You say they are all loses and I will say Denver doesn’t lose all 4. We could put a brew on it or something nominal??

Maybe you want to bet Joe wins all 4 of those games, since you think he is so great?

9 minutes ago, Mitch Connor said:

Maybe you want to bet Joe wins all 4 of those games, since you think he is so great?

I’m not saying he’d win all four. The previous post said chalk up 4 guaranteed losses. Imo there is no way that happens. 

On 2/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, Roll Tide said:

How is that a win? With 9 wins they'll still be firmly behind the Chiefs and Chargers and will probably fall short of the 6th WC. But they'll be picking around 16-20 in the draft and far away from the 2020 elite QBs. They should be keeping all their draft capital and rebuild to compete with KC. Instead they're giving up a relatively good pick for a marginal at best "upgrade."

18 hours ago, LTO's said:

How is that a win? With 9 wins they'll still be firmly behind the Chiefs and Chargers and will probably fall short of the 6th WC. But they'll be picking around 16-20 in the draft and far away from the 2020 elite QBs. They should be keeping all their draft capital and rebuild to compete with KC. Instead they're giving up a relatively good pick for a marginal at best "upgrade."

They won 6 games last year 9-10 wins would be a major improvement.

San Diego being as good as they were is no sure thing. I expected expect KC to be good again but in the NFL it’s foolish to write anything down before he season is usually a fools quest. 

A handful of teams from this years playoff group won’t be in there next year. 

13 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

They won 6 games last year 9-10 wins would be a major improvement.

San Diego being as good as they were is no sure thing. I expected expect KC to be good again but in the NFL it’s foolish to write anything down before he season is usually a fools quest. 

A handful of teams from this years playoff group won’t be in there next year. 

Improvement is a relative term. Nine > 6 obviously but if they aren't able to draft one of the premium QBs (which they won't be able to with 9 wins) then they'll be stuck treading water with an aging and declining Flacco and starting every season praying for the WC or for Mahomes to tear an ACL. That's not really a place you want to be in.

And of course some teams that made it last year won't be there next year for a variety of reasons but the Broncos aren't better than the Browns, Titans, Steelers, and if the Jags get Foles, they won't be better than them either. The Ravens made out like bandits getting anything for Flacco let alone a high end 4th.

8 hours ago, LTO's said:

Improvement is a relative term. Nine > 6 obviously but if they aren't able to draft one of the premium QBs (which they won't be able to with 9 wins) then they'll be stuck treading water with an aging and declining Flacco and starting every season praying for the WC or for Mahomes to tear an ACL. That's not really a place you want to be in.

And of course some teams that made it last year won't be there next year for a variety of reasons but the Broncos aren't better than the Browns, Titans, Steelers, and if the Jags get Foles, they won't be better than them either. The Ravens made out like bandits getting anything for Flacco let alone a high end 4th.

If Joe is good in their system Elway won’t care about his age. Elway won his Superbowls late. In the right system Joe can be better than he was here. It will be interested to see if they redo his contract. I think that will tell you a lot