Camden_yardbird

Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

1 hour ago, esmd said:

I don't agree with that at all.  If he can rebound and become replacement level, or dare I say it, above replacement level, maybe he contributes to them being an 85-90 loss team rather than a 95+ or even 100+ team.  It's at least something, and it'll make them a more interesting team to watch.  Plus I hope he's able to rebound just from a personal standpoint, it's tough to watch the guy struggle so much.  No, he won't be a contributing member of their next playoff contending team, and his value if he rebounds to some extent will still be far below what his contract justifies, but it would be more than nothing.

I'd rather lose 100 and get the top draft pick again. 

9 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

top pick is not always a guaranteed HOF player.

16 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I am so tired of bad baseball and I think we are in such a tough division that we are assured of a pretty high pick regardless, plus with the new FO, I think we can trust the process.

I want our guys to hustle and play well and win some games and bring some fans back, and I don’t want to tank completely just for another 1:1

24 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

So losing to try and get the top pick is just bloody stupid, IMHO.

Win Baby Win.

Playing Chris Davis and winning don't belong in the same sentence.

I looked but could only find 2018 spring training stats which were poor. Does anyone know or know where I could find Spring stats for previous years that might suggest what a good spring would mean for davis like in 15 and 16 how Was his spring because those years he had good years? Would like to see evidence that would support what a good spring could mean for Davis.

45 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I looked but could only find 2018 spring training stats which were poor. Does anyone know or know where I could find Spring stats for previous years that might suggest what a good spring would mean for davis like in 15 and 16 how Was his spring because those years he had good years? Would like to see evidence that would support what a good spring could mean for Davis.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=bal#playerType=ALL&elem=[object+Object]&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+hitting&game_type='S'&season=2010&season_type=ANY&league_code='MLB'&sectionType=sp&statType=hitting&page=1&ts=1550926986754&sportCode='mlb'&split=&team_id=110&active_sw=&position=&page_type=SortablePlayer&sortOrder='desc'&sortColumn=avg&results=&perPage=50&timeframe=&last_x_days=&extended=0

• Thanks 1

On the left you can select the year. You can also select regular and post season stats.

• Thanks 1

You have to go back to 2014 when Davis put up a 1.200 OPS in 37 AB's as the last time he had a good spring. But most other years are in the .750 range. Last years OPS was 770. It shouldnt take longer than April to determine was production they'll get from him. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

You have to go back to 2014 when Davis put up a 1.200 OPS in 37 AB's as the last time he had a good spring. But most other years are in the .750 range. Last years OPS was 770. It shouldnt take longer than April to determine was production they'll get from him. 

I think a good spring would mean very little, but a bad one could speak volumes.    

On 2/15/2019 at 11:30 AM, Dipper9 said:

Glad to see Crush report early in camp. 

Not amused by the jokes.  

I watched his interview with Tom Davis. He says he will be a more complete hitter this season. 

59 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think a good spring would mean very little, but a bad one could speak volumes.    

You got that right.