Camden_yardbird

Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

43 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Chris Davis is 1 for his last 52 with 28 strikeouts. That is a batting average of .019. He is making $23 million a year. This has to end.... My God....

Be Best.

In a sad, moribund kind of way, I'm kinda interested to see how long he can go without a hit.  Is he the new Bill Bergen?

Truly Is Davis the worst player over the last 170 games in the history of mlb?  I would bench him and and tell him he would never to see his name in a starting lineup again.  See how he reacts.

4 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

In a sad, moribund kind of way, I'm kinda interested to see how long he can go without a hit.  Is he the new Bill Bergen?

He is nine at bats from tying the record for most at bats without a hit. If Davis can break the record maybe then the Orioles bench him? 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

He is nine at bats from tying the record for most at bats without a hit. If Davis can break the record maybe then the Orioles bench him? 🤷‍♂️

The record is 46?  That would be like the anti-DiMaggio streak.

12 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The record is 46?  That would be like the anti-DiMaggio streak.

Well Davis is the anti-DiMaggio, he had 369 strikeouts for his career. Davis had 221 strikeouts in the 2016 season.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

The GM's job isn't to listen to fan's advice on whom to sign.

Of course I don't think Dan had much to do with Davis being signed.

Yeah, he didn’t want to sign CD, that was all Buck & Brady, the latter of which is still here for some very unsettling reason.

Just now, Rene88 said:

Yeah, he didn’t want to sign CD, that was all Buck & Brady, the latter of which is still here for some very unsettling reason.

And Angelos.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And Angelos.

Correct. We all have various beefs with DD, but he was NOT in favor of CD to be clear. Shocked to read that misinformation.

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

Correct. We all have various beefs with DD, but he was NOT in favor of CD to be clear. Shocked to read that misinformation.

DD traded for Trumbo to be Davis replacement at 1B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NashLumber said:

When you look at the final year or two of “the greats” on a baseball card or on baseballreference, you see those really sad subpar years with fewer AB and simply “far below their prime” numbers. What followed immediately after was retirement. 

Davis is there. Davis is not “a great”. His defense does not do enough to counterbalance the near record dearth of offense. He needs to hang it up. 

Brooks 1975: .541 OPS

Brooks 1976: .548 OPS

Brooks 1977: .467 OPS

12 hours ago, weams said:

I'd love to know what is on CD's mind right now. It has got to be obvious to him that it is over. I'm not sure I have ever seen a MLB player look so lost and overmatched at the plate, let alone a former all-star and HR leader. I don't know how a self-respecting person can keep collecting a paycheck while performing so poorly. I had to watch the game on YES today, and they had a long talk about how unprecedentedly awful the whole Davis situation is. Every series I'm sure the opposing media is doing the same. It's got to be embarrassing.  

I'd like to think he will retire soon and work out some sort of buyout with the Orioles. But then again I have no idea what his mindset is; maybe he has surrounded himself with people that have convinced him he is still going to turn it around. Maybe he is delusional. Maybe (probably) there are mental issues. Chris has always seemed like a nice fellow, I'd like to think he will own it eventually. But, like the song says, money changes everything. 

Maybe this is s silly idea. But unless/until he turns it around, can Hyde have the pitchers hit and put in a DH for Davis? 

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Brooks 1975: .541 OPS

Brooks 1976: .548 OPS

Brooks 1977: .467 OPS

To be fair, Brooks had had a decent 1974 (.728, AS, GG, 12th in MVP) and appeared in only 71 and 24 games in the last two seasons you cited.