Philip

Maybe too soon to ask about Mike Wright

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I saw the same old Mike Wright vs the NYY yesterday. 1-2 count. Couldn’t put Voit away in inning one. Just gave in after a failed slider and served up a 92 mph FB right down Broadway. 

And this is the guy that “won” a job. Pitching is in shambles. 

It was amazing to watch. Wright would get ahead of hitters with a really good pitch, then try to put him away with either a hanging breaking ball or a flat FB.

Also, that NYY lineup was a serious joke and he still labored through it giving up 8 hits with 3 HR's.  Can't wait to see him face a real MLB lineup. ughhh.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I saw the same old Mike Wright vs the NYY yesterday. 1-2 count. Couldn’t put Voit away in inning one. Just gave in after a failed slider and served up a 92 mph FB right down Broadway. 

And this is the guy that “won” a job. Pitching is in shambles. 

Wright, the former ECU standout, had this to say about his outing yesterday.  Perhaps adrenaline will help?  😇

“Today sucks giving up three runs, giving up all those hits. It’s the second outing in a row I’ve given up a lot of hits and the last two outings have probably been two of the best I’ve felt, executing well. But just moving forward, the season’s about to start and there’s going to be a different mentality, a different adrenaline. The guys are going to have a lot more energy and it’s going to be a good thing rolling forward.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/03/wright-got-to-keep-the-ball-in-the-park.html

I witnessed Wright getting shelled by the entire B lineup of the Yanks. Every one of their hitters ripped him. Even the outs were hit hard. He may make the roster, but every flat fastball down the middle got crushed. I maybe saw one swing where he fooled someone, but that was it. He is BP fodder for any decent team we may face. 

When Wright gets flustered he can't pitch. It happened in the first inning yesterday. Villar made a bad throw to first on a double play ball and that did it for Wright.

He just looks like such a big baby when someone tags him and he spins around, bends over, and punches himself in the leg three times. That's not adult behavior, much less major league behavior. If whoever is filling that spot is going to suck, I'd rather it be an adult rather than an overgrown child.

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

I could be wrong about this, but it seemed to me that in his first several outings Wright was really throwing downhill. Everything had a downward trajectory and was low in the zone. His last two outings, at least half his pitches have been up and flat - like the old Mike Wright. 

I'd rather watch Ynoa pitch.

I am sure you will see Ynoa and many others off of the ark.I am sure with injuries ,trades and not being able to handle the job,you will see a ton of pitchers starting.Elias hinted that you might even see one plucked off of the waiver wire right before the season starts 

5 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

I could be wrong about this, but it seemed to me that in his first several outings Wright was really throwing downhill. Everything had a downward trajectory and was low in the zone. His last two outings, at least half his pitches have been up and flat - like the old Mike Wright. 

I'd rather watch Ynoa pitch.

I was honestly surprised Ynoa got reassigned.  He seemed to be doing well in a small sample size but his stuff looked better then Wright's.  Hopefully he gets more of a chance