Jump to content
Bahama O's Fan

Free Agent Team

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Could you make a team with the free agents that don't have a job right now?

Not a very good one

Martin Maldonado C

Logan Morrison 1B

Brandon Phillips 2B 

Jose Reyes SS

Chase HeadleY 3B

Carlos Gonzalez LF

Austin Jackson CF

Adam Jones RF

Evan Gattis DH

Rotation

Dallas Keuchel

Edwin Jackson

James Shields

Gio Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Pen

Fernando Salas

Jorge de la Rosa

Chris Hatcher

Tony Sipp

Ryan Madson

A.J. Ramos

Craig Kimbrel

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Not a very good one

Martin Maldonado C

Logan Morrison 1B

Brandon Phillips 2B 

Jose Reyes SS

Chase HeadleY 3B

Carlos Gonzalez LF

Austin Jackson CF

Adam Jones RF

Evan Gattis DH

Rotation

Dallas Keuchel

Edwin Jackson

James Shields

Gio Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Pen

Fernando Salas

Jorge de la Rosa

Chris Hatcher

Tony Sipp

Ryan Madson

A.J. Ramos

Craig Kimbrel

 

 

 

I'd bet that rotation would be better than the Os have right now.

Edited by GuidoSarducci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

I'd bet that rotation would be better than the Os have right now.

Probably right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could’ve gotten the band back together for our stop gap season. Jones, Markakis, Brach, Schoop, and Weiters. Sorry Manny but you didn’t have to settle for a one year deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that team would win more games over a full season. A lot of those guys deserve deals.

 

For some reason, I keep checking Adam Jones twitter to see if he finally got signed.  When is someone gonna pick him up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I think that team would win more games over a full season. A lot of those guys deserve deals.

 

For some reason, I keep checking Adam Jones twitter to see if he finally got signed.  When is someone gonna pick him up?

Gotta think there is more to the story...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I think that team would win more games over a full season. A lot of those guys deserve deals.

 

For some reason, I keep checking Adam Jones twitter to see if he finally got signed.  When is someone gonna pick him up?

When his asking price drops to where team's value him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Cleveland makes sense for Jones. The AL Central is going to suck. Cleveland might as well spend a few extra bucks while their window is wide open. Maybe they can upset NY/BOS/HOU in a playoff series.

And the Padres just had an outfielder (who had like 350 ABs in 2018) break his wrist...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

I wouldn't mind if the O's signed James Shields. If nothing else he usually eats innings.

37 years old and his era has been over 5.00 in three of the last five seasons. Also annually among the league leaders in home runs allowed. Yeah, he's just what this team needs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We could’ve gotten the band back together for our stop gap season. Jones, Markakis, Brach, Schoop, and Weiters. Sorry Manny but you didn’t have to settle for a one year deal. 

Yea the entire 2014 lineup i think (other than Davis) was a FA this year. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Not a very good one

Martin Maldonado C

Logan Morrison 1B

Brandon Phillips 2B 

Jose Reyes SS

Chase HeadleY 3B

Carlos Gonzalez LF

Austin Jackson CF

Adam Jones RF

Evan Gattis DH

Rotation

Dallas Keuchel

Edwin Jackson

James Shields

Gio Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Pen

Fernando Salas

Jorge de la Rosa

Chris Hatcher

Tony Sipp

Ryan Madson

A.J. Ramos

Craig Kimbrel

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That looks like a better team than the 2018 Orioles. (I know a low bar to cross.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mskrulz said:

Gotta think there is more to the story...

He does have kids, Ive heard players before, when they hit this age range, its harder and harder to pull away from your kids in order to play ball. By the time you hang it up at 40, they are gone and in college and on their own.

How much money does one need?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...