DREKTUNES

Whither Bikini?

This user was banned for trying to skirt the 500 post rule. I traced the user's IP to a new account's IP with basically the same email. That's a no-no. End of story. If this hadn't happen, you could all still be reveling in the bikiniarmstrong experience.

And guys, you have to be internet savvy. Seriously.

Now I'm not going to reveal any personal information. I will speak in generalities.

I can find out a lot about a user. The IP is very handy. I can trace you to your job or hometown. If I can trace you to your job, this can very helpful. For example, if your IP resolved to something like houston.nasa - you work in Houston for Nasa. It's even more help when all of the IP's for a user resolve to the same host - as opposed to seeing a home IP, work IP, starbuck's IP, etc.

Some jobs reveal more about a person than other jobs. And sometimes you hit a homerun, where you just can absolutely figure out what a person does and where they live. And all I'll say is, I'm not really certain the stuff in 'her' profile is legit. I may be wrong, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter... This wasn't the first poster to be banned for trying to steal from us, and it won't be the last.

• Upvote 2

Some jobs reveal more about a person than other jobs. And sometimes you hit a homerun, where you just can absolutely figure out what a person does and where they live. And all I'll say is, I'm not really certain the stuff in 'her' profile is legit. I may be wrong, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter... This wasn't the first poster to be banned for trying to steal from us, and it won't be the last.

First rule of internet is: There are no women on the internet. :laughlol::laughlol::laughlol:

• Upvote 1

This user was banned for trying to skirt the 500 post rule. I traced the user's IP to a new account's IP with basically the same email. That's a no-no. End of story. If this hadn't happen, you could all still be reveling in the bikiniarmstrong experience.

And guys, you have to be internet savvy. Seriously.

Now I'm not going to reveal any personal information. I will speak in generalities.

I can find out a lot about a user. The IP is very handy. I can trace you to your job or hometown. If I can trace you to your job, this can very helpful. For example, if your IP resolved to something like houston.nasa - you work in Houston for Nasa. It's even more help when all of the IP's for a user resolve to the same host - as opposed to seeing a home IP, work IP, starbuck's IP, etc.

Oh my god, the random bikini model wasn't who she said she was.

COLOR ME SHOCKED!!! ;)

I was suspicious when she invited me to North Carolina to hang out. And - just to be clear - a woman's interest in me does make me suspicious.

Sadly, I thought it was my gender-based deconstruction of his/her screenname that ran her off. Now I find out s/he's just cheap.

I was suspicious when she invited me to North Carolina to hang out. And - just to be clear - a woman's interest in me does make me suspicious.

Sadly, I thought it was my gender-based deconstruction of his/her screenname that ran her off. Now I find out s/he's just cheap.

She invited you down there, too? Well she wanted me to do a "photo shoot" with her.

Wow, I thought I was special.

:D