Elbren

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (Final Season)

They have announced the run times of each episodes.  Supposedly, with only six episodes, each episode was going to be "feature length", meaning 90-120 min.  It looks like none of them actually meet that mark. :( In fact, the first two episodes are actually less than one hour.  They're both just under 60 minutes and you have to remember that "run time" typically includes the intro., end credits, Previously On ... and teaser at the end.  That's at least 7-10 minutes shaved off of each episode.  

Even w/ the extended run times of the last four episodes, this is still the shortest season of the series.  That includes last season, which had at least one or two episodes that were in the 40-45 minute range.

Ep. 1 - 54 minutes

Ep. 2 - 58 minutes

Ep. 3 - 82 minutes

Ep. 4 - 78 minutes

Ep. 5 - 80 minutes

Ep. 6 - 80 minutes

On 3/16/2019 at 6:47 AM, Elbren said:

They have announced the run times of each episodes.  Supposedly, with only six episodes, each episode was going to be "feature length", meaning 90-120 min.  It looks like none of them actually meet that mark. :( In fact, the first two episodes are actually less than one hour.  They're both just under 60 minutes and you have to remember that "run time" typically includes the intro., end credits, Previously On ... and teaser at the end.  That's at least 7-10 minutes shaved off of each episode.  

Even w/ the extended run times of the last four episodes, this is still the shortest season of the series.  That includes last season, which had at least one or two episodes that were in the 40-45 minute range.

Ep. 1 - 54 minutes

Ep. 2 - 58 minutes

Ep. 3 - 82 minutes

Ep. 4 - 78 minutes

Ep. 5 - 80 minutes

Ep. 6 - 80 minutes

Definitely a little disappointed with the run times. Seems as though they are more worried about the effects then the dialogue at this point. Still looking forward to the last six episodes though!

I'll watch, but I don't care anymore.  Shows that take a year and a half between seasons and shorten season runs to 6-8 episodes are dead to me.   It was a great show in its prime.  

On 4/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, Tony-OH said:

Definitely a little disappointed with the run times. Seems as though they are more worried about the effects then the dialogue at this point. Still looking forward to the last six episodes though!

Just watched the 1st episode on HBO Go.  Take out the beginning/end credits, the recap of last season and the preview of next week and it was literally 50 minutes.  That just seems like such a waste.  There's only 5 episodes left and at least two of those are going to be devoted to battles.  I have a feeling the rest of this is going to by a Michael Bay action-fest w/ almost no time for character/plot development. :(

12 hours ago, Elbren said:

Just watched the 1st episode on HBO Go.  Take out the beginning/end credits, the recap of last season and the preview of next week and it was literally 50 minutes.  That just seems like such a waste.  There's only 5 episodes left and at least two of those are going to be devoted to battles.  I have a feeling the rest of this is going to by a Michael Bay action-fest w/ almost no time for character/plot development. :(

and 90% of the episode was character reunions.  In a regular season I would be curious to see how Jon handles things now that he knows he has been sleeping with his aunt, but as Bran states, "We don't have time for this."  

18 hours ago, Elbren said:

Well, there's not a ton more of character development to do at this point. The characters have grown into who they are at this point. There are still some open plot development areas, but overall, at the end of the day, we have the White Walkers vs Humans war, then the finality to Jon/Dany vs Cersei situation. 

The entire first episode was basically conversations/reunions with only Jon finding out about his birthright and Sam finding out Daenerys burnt his father and brother for not bending the knees as the only major plot updates.

Soooooo ... is anyone else as disappointed with Episode 3 as I was?

I wanna talk about it ... but I'm kind of scared that I'm going to start typing and go off on an insanely long rant. lol

On 4/29/2019 at 8:02 PM, Elbren said:

Soooooo ... is anyone else as disappointed with Episode 3 as I was?

I wanna talk about it ... but I'm kind of scared that I'm going to start typing and go off on an insanely long rant. lol

No, you?

I thought the episode was pretty good overall although it was too dark. Saying that. it got me to callup FIOS and I now have all new 4K boxes, so that's a plus.

You can certainly nitpick or strategies and such, and it was going to be pretty obvious that someone was going to kill the Night King so his raised army would all die, but just surprised it ended up being Arya who had nothing to do with the Night King. 

Seems like the showrunners want the Heroines to all come through and have limited the male roles to support folks.

On 5/1/2019 at 2:18 PM, Tony-OH said:

No, you?

I thought the episode was pretty good overall although it was too dark. Saying that. it got me to callup FIOS and I now have all new 4K boxes, so that's a plus.

You can certainly nitpick or strategies and such, and it was going to be pretty obvious that someone was going to kill the Night King so his raised army would all die, but just surprised it ended up being Arya who had nothing to do with the Night King. 

Seems like the showrunners want the Heroines to all come through and have limited the male roles to support folks.

lol Yeah, a LOT of people have been complaining about how dark the episode was.  I'd complain about that too, but sadly, that's been a running theme on the show for awhile now.  The cinematographer for the show recently came out and said that it's not his fault ... it's yours for watching it on the wrong device or not knowing how to use your tv settings.

A lot of the problem is that a lot of people don’t know how to tune their TVs properly.  A lot of people also unfortunately watch it on small iPads, which in no way can do justice to a show like that anyway.  Game of Thrones is a cinematic show and therefore you have to watch it like you’re at a cinema: in a darkened room.  If you watch a night scene in a brightly-lit room then that won’t help you see the image properly.  

[...]

Another look would have been wrong.  Everything we wanted people to see is there.

Funny how this hasn't been a problem for any other show or movie, but it seems to be a recurring problem for Game of Thrones.

As for the episode itself, I could sadly spend all day pointing things out.

- Melisandre rolls up out of nowhere.  The last time we saw her (on Dragonstone), she said she was leaving for Volantis, which is basically on the other side of the map/planet.  The last time she was in the North, she was banished and told she would be hanged as a murder if she returned.  Neither one of these things comes up.  She just waltzes in and no one says anything except Davos.

- Melisandre and Grey Worm greet each other with Valar Morhgulis/Valar Dohaeris ... why?  This is a greeting from Braavos and neither of them are from Braavos.  Yeah, it's the same continent, but it's still stupid (it's a huge continent).  This is like two white guys in Alaska randomly greeting each other with, "Hola".

- The Dothraki charge ... why?  Yeah, seeing all of the lights go out was a cool visual, but you literally threw away almost 100,000 men for literally no reason.  Not only that ... but the Dothraki are now gone.  Not "some" of them. ALL of them.  They were built up as one of the deadliest, most terrifying living forces in the world and for the first time, they've banded together into one grand Khalisar ... and now, they're extinct.  Thrown away for a cool visual in a military maneuver that even a 4 year old could tell you was stupid.

- Where is Ghost?  You see him at the beginning but he disappears once again, never to been seen.  Is it really that hard to use CGI to enlarge a dog?  Peter Jackson put Hobbits on screen w/ nothing more than creative camera angles.

- Where did Davos go?  You see him at the beginning and you see him at the end, but he completely disappears for the rest of the episode.

- Where is Ser Royce and the Knights of the Vale.  They are completely non-existent in this episode.  You see two or three guys w/ shields bearing the Vale's crest, but that's it.

- Wasting the Unsullied.  Yeah, it was a cool scene and it totally makes sense they would go out that way, but it just seems like a waste.  Now, Daenarys has lost both of her military forces.  

- Why is their ENTIRE military force outside of the castle?  When they have to fall back, they're told to man the battlements.  Why?  How are there no archers/somebody/anybody already there?  

- Daenarys and her dragons basically do nothing the entire episode.  They're effective at first, but are quickly stopped by ... clouds and mist.  They have one horribly shot fight scene w/ the undead dragon where you can't even tell whats happening and that's it.  At one point, Jon Snow is even sitting on the wall of the castle w/ his dragon where he can easily see that they're signalling for them to use dragons to light the trenches and he can clearly see that Daenarys and her dragon are no where in sight.  Does he?  Nope, Melisandre, who no one knew would be there has to do it.

- Lady Mormont killing the giant Wight.  This girl gets clubbed w/ the force of a high speed car.  She should be dead, period. But she's not.  She gets up, screams at the Wight and runs at him w/ an axe.  It picks her up and you literally hear him crushing her bones in his hand.  Nope, still not dead.  Then, her axe magically turns into a dagger and she stabs him in the eye, killing him.

- Jon Snow basically doing nothing.  Everything about Jon's story leading up to this episode has been leading to Jon fighting the Night King.  So does he fight the Night King?  Nope.  In fact, the N.K. raises up all of the dead soldiers and Jon quickly finds himself surrounded by hundreds, if not thousands, of undead w/ literally no one to help him ... but he gets out of this.  Somehow.  It cuts away and when it comes back, he isn't fighting w/ even close to the same number of undead and they're conveniently fighting him one at a time.  He's eventually saved by Daenarys and runs into the castle where he ... yells at an undead dragon.  And the dragon doesn't get him.  Why?  Because he's hiding behind a rock.  Nope, can't get him.  Can't reach around, can't go over it.  Nope.  The undead dragon can bring down The Wall, which is made up of ice, stones, magic and lord knows what else ... but THAT rock?  Nope, that rock has some hefty plot armor.  Speaking of ...

- The insane amount of plot armor for the main cast.  None of them die.  Literally none of them.  None of the people in the crypt.  None of them in the courtyard.  Just in this episode, you've watch literally over 100,000 people die ... but somehow, none of the main cast get hurt.  The two biggest deaths are Jorah and Theon, both big supporting characters, but both have essentially finished their plots and their stories really have no where else to go.  The only two other deaths I can think of are Edd (Jon's friend from the Night's Watch) and Lady Mormont, a one-off extra who got more scenes because of fan reaction.

- Bran doing absolutely nothing the entire episode.  He worgs into some crows to look over the battlefield and find the Night King, which he does, and then ... nothing.  He finds him and he stays in that catatonic state the rest of the episode.  He couldn't worg into something useful nearby like bears, wolves or anything to try and help?

- Bran being a d*ck and not telling Theon, "Dude, hold up.  Give it a minute.  Arya got this."  For a character that "see's all, know's all", you'd think he would have helped Theon out there a little.

- Arya killing the Night King. Literally everything about this scene.  Forget the fact that Jon Snows entire story arc has lead him to this.  Forget that.  Bran is completely surrounded by the Night King, his equally dangerous lieutenant's and an undead army.  Somehow, she sneak's past all of this, jumps 15 feet into the air while screaming and kills him w/ a move that is straight out of Bad TV Fight Choreography 101.  Seriously, that was some old-school Star Trek, Kirk fighting a giant lizard man-type stuff right there.

- The Night King being killed/resolved in only one episode.  They have spent almost a decade, literally since the first episode, making us believe that the N.K. and his undead army were the greatest threat this world has ever seen.  Nothing could stop him, nothing in history has ever been able to stop him ... killed w/ a single stab from a dagger.  It took longer than that to kill Robb Stark.

- The Night King's lieutenant's doing absolutely nothing.  Literally the most dangerous force on the battlefield besides the Night King himself and they do nothing.  80 minutes and we watched them turn their heads ... twice.  Once, when the magic storm sweeps in and hits the dragons and again, at the end, when Arya turns into super, magic, TV ninja.

- Killing Jorah, giving him that last moment w/ Daenarys .. and not giving him one last thing to say to her.  I wasn't expecting a big speech, but damn ... something.  That guy is too good of an actor to not give him something to go out on.

- Beric Dondarrion getting stabbed a million times and trying to walk it off like he's Superman.  I'm pretty sure the show runner's don't actually understand that Beric isn't really magic.  Thoros of Myr was the one who kept bringing him back to life.  Beric is just a regular, everyday man.  That scene of them running through the hallway felt like a Monty Python sketch.  There's three of them running and they keep switching places ... whose in the front, middle, back ... and it seems like Beric is the only guy getting stabbed.  After that last hit, where he is repeatedly stabbed, I thought that was it for him, but nope.  Arya and the Hound get to the room and hold the door for him and, sure enough, here he comes running in unassisted.

- Melisandre tells Davos that she won't survive the night ... but she does.  At the end, he watches her walk off as the sun rises and she dies when she removes her magical necklace.  Except that we've already seen her take off the necklace without dying.  So, what killed her?  Plot convenience?

There was just a lot of stupid decisions in this episode that scream, "It's the last season.  We just want to get this over with so we can start on our Star Wars trilogy."  That episode was bad enough that I'm not even sure I want to watch the last 3 episodes.  What a horrible payoff for what started as such a great tv series. :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elbren said:

lol Yeah, a LOT of people have been complaining about how dark the episode was.  I'd complain about that too, but sadly, that's been a running theme on the show for awhile now.  The cinematographer for the show recently came out and said that it's not his fault ... it's yours for watching it on the wrong device or not knowing how to use your tv settings.

Funny how this hasn't been a problem for any other show or movie, but it seems to be a recurring problem for Game of Thrones.

As for the episode itself, I could sadly spend all day pointing things out.

- Melisandre rolls up out of nowhere.  The last time we saw her (on Dragonstone), she said she was leaving for Volantis, which is basically on the other side of the map/planet.  The last time she was in the North, she was banished and told she would be hanged as a murder if she returned.  Neither one of these things comes up.  She just waltzes in and no one says anything except Davos.

- Melisandre and Grey Worm greet each other with Valar Morhgulis/Valar Dohaeris ... why?  This is a greeting from Braavos and neither of them are from Braavos.  Yeah, it's the same continent, but it's still stupid (it's a huge continent).  This is like two white guys in Alaska randomly greeting each other with, "Hola".

- The Dothraki charge ... why?  Yeah, seeing all of the lights go out was a cool visual, but you literally threw away almost 100,000 men for literally no reason.  Not only that ... but the Dothraki are now gone.  Not "some" of them. ALL of them.  They were built up as one of the deadliest, most terrifying living forces in the world and for the first time, they've banded together into one grand Khalisar ... and now, they're extinct.  Thrown away for a cool visual in a military maneuver that even a 4 year old could tell you was stupid.

- Where is Ghost?  You see him at the beginning but he disappears once again, never to been seen.  Is it really that hard to use CGI to enlarge a dog?  Peter Jackson put Hobbits on screen w/ nothing more than creative camera angles.

- Where did Davos go?  You see him at the beginning and you see him at the end, but he completely disappears for the rest of the episode.

- Where is Ser Royce and the Knights of the Vale.  They are completely non-existent in this episode.  You see two or three guys w/ shields bearing the Vale's crest, but that's it.

- Wasting the Unsullied.  Yeah, it was a cool scene and it totally makes sense they would go out that way, but it just seems like a waste.  Now, Daenarys has lost both of her military forces.  

- Why is their ENTIRE military force outside of the castle?  When they have to fall back, they're told to man the battlements.  Why?  How are there no archers/somebody/anybody already there?  

- Daenarys and her dragons basically do nothing the entire episode.  They're effective at first, but are quickly stopped by ... clouds and mist.  They have one horribly shot fight scene w/ the undead dragon where you can't even tell whats happening and that's it.  At one point, Jon Snow is even sitting on the wall of the castle w/ his dragon where he can easily see that they're signalling for them to use dragons to light the trenches and he can clearly see that Daenarys and her dragon are no where in sight.  Does he?  Nope, Melisandre, who no one knew would be there has to do it.

- Lady Mormont killing the giant Wight.  This girl gets clubbed w/ the force of a high speed car.  She should be dead, period. But she's not.  She gets up, screams at the Wight and runs at him w/ an axe.  It picks her up and you literally hear him crushing her bones in his hand.  Nope, still not dead.  Then, her axe magically turns into a dagger and she stabs him in the eye, killing him.

- Jon Snow basically doing nothing.  Everything about Jon's story leading up to this episode has been leading to Jon fighting the Night King.  So does he fight the Night King?  Nope.  In fact, the N.K. raises up all of the dead soldiers and Jon quickly finds himself surrounded by hundreds, if not thousands, of undead w/ literally no one to help him ... but he gets out of this.  Somehow.  It cuts away and when it comes back, he isn't fighting w/ even close to the same number of undead and they're conveniently fighting him one at a time.  He's eventually saved by Daenarys and runs into the castle where he ... yells at an undead dragon.  And the dragon doesn't get him.  Why?  Because he's hiding behind a rock.  Nope, can't get him.  Can't reach around, can't go over it.  Nope.  The undead dragon can bring down The Wall, which is made up of ice, stones, magic and lord knows what else ... but THAT rock?  Nope, that rock has some hefty plot armor.  Speaking of ...

- The insane amount of plot armor for the main cast.  None of them die.  Literally none of them.  None of the people in the crypt.  None of them in the courtyard.  Just in this episode, you've watch literally over 100,000 people die ... but somehow, none of the main cast get hurt.  The two biggest deaths are Jorah and Theon, both big supporting characters, but both have essentially finished their plots and their stories really have no where else to go.  The only two other deaths I can think of are Edd (Jon's friend from the Night's Watch) and Lady Mormont, a one-off extra who got more scenes because of fan reaction.

- Bran doing absolutely nothing the entire episode.  He worgs into some crows to look over the battlefield and find the Night King, which he does, and then ... nothing.  He finds him and he stays in that catatonic state the rest of the episode.  He couldn't worg into something useful nearby like bears, wolves or anything to try and help?

- Bran being a d*ck and not telling Theon, "Dude, hold up.  Give it a minute.  Arya got this."  For a character that "see's all, know's all", you'd think he would have helped Theon out there a little.

- Arya killing the Night King. Literally everything about this scene.  Forget the fact that Jon Snows entire story arc has lead him to this.  Forget that.  Bran is completely surrounded by the Night King, his equally dangerous lieutenant's and an undead army.  Somehow, she sneak's past all of this, jumps 15 feet into the air while screaming and kills him w/ a move that is straight out of Bad TV Fight Choreography 101.  Seriously, that was some old-school Star Trek, Kirk fighting a giant lizard man-type stuff right there.

- The Night King being killed/resolved in only one episode.  They have spent almost a decade, literally since the first episode, making us believe that the N.K. and his undead army were the greatest threat this world has ever seen.  Nothing could stop him, nothing in history has ever been able to stop him ... killed w/ a single stab from a dagger.  It took longer than that to kill Robb Stark.

- The Night King's lieutenant's doing absolutely nothing.  Literally the most dangerous force on the battlefield besides the Night King himself and they do nothing.  80 minutes and we watched them turn their heads ... twice.  Once, when the magic storm sweeps in and hits the dragons and again, at the end, when Arya turns into super, magic, TV ninja.

- Killing Jorah, giving him that last moment w/ Daenarys .. and not giving him one last thing to say to her.  I wasn't expecting a big speech, but damn ... something.  That guy is too good of an actor to not give him something to go out on.

- Beric Dondarrion getting stabbed a million times and trying to walk it off like he's Superman.  I'm pretty sure the show runner's don't actually understand that Beric isn't really magic.  Thoros of Myr was the one who kept bringing him back to life.  Beric is just a regular, everyday man.  That scene of them running through the hallway felt like a Monty Python sketch.  There's three of them running and they keep switching places ... whose in the front, middle, back ... and it seems like Beric is the only guy getting stabbed.  After that last hit, where he is repeatedly stabbed, I thought that was it for him, but nope.  Arya and the Hound get to the room and hold the door for him and, sure enough, here he comes running in unassisted.

- Melisandre tells Davos that she won't survive the night ... but she does.  At the end, he watches her walk off as the sun rises and she dies when she removes her magical necklace.  Except that we've already seen her take off the necklace without dying.  So, what killed her?  Plot convenience?

There was just a lot of stupid decisions in this episode that scream, "It's the last season.  We just want to get this over with so we can start on our Star Wars trilogy."  That episode was bad enough that I'm not even sure I want to watch the last 3 episodes.  What a horrible payoff for what started as such a great tv series. :(

It's not that you don't make a lot of good points, but man, you gotta take a deep breath and enjoy it for what it is sometimes. I could nitpick a few of your complaints, but honestly, it's all in how you watch the show.

I wasn't thrilled that Arya killed the Knight King, nor was I thrilled at the lack of Jon Snow heroics, but I'm going to assume he will have a bigger part against Cersei. At least I can hope.

I rewatched it on my new 4K boxes and it looked pretty good. Overall I liked the episode. Sure, I could complain about some of the very things you did, and let me repeat, it;s not that you don't make some good points, but we are talking about a show with Dragons in it. Sometimes you gotta just take for what it is, a great fantasy TV series that is wrapping up the story.

Let's see how the next battle goes. At leas everything should be in the day time from here on out! :D

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

... you gotta take a deep breath and enjoy it for what it is sometimes.

... nor was I thrilled at the lack of Jon Snow heroics, but I'm going to assume he will have a bigger part against Cersei. At least I can hope.

... but we are talking about a show with Dragons in it. Sometimes you gotta just take it for what it is ...

This is the problem with TV (and most movies) today.  People just accept ridiculous or terrible writing and say things like, "Dude, it's just TV."  It's one of the reasons I, and I assume most people, finally dropped cable.  Most TV shows now-a-days are hot garbage.  This is how you get movies like Michael Bay's Transformers series or .. ugh ... the Twilight series.  Because people are just willing to throw their money away and accept it.

The draw to Game of Thrones was always the great writing.  People were shocked when Ned Stark died at the end of Season 1, but there was really nothing shocking about it.  Rewatch that season and you'll see how every decision he made lead him to that end.  The same w/ his son, Robb Stark, in Season 2.  It doesn't matter that they were the "good guy" and "good guys always win".  They made some horrifically bad decisions and they paid the price for it.  Sadly, we now know that was all G.R.R. Martin's work and not Benioff & Weiss.  Once they ran out of material from George and it was apparent that he had no intention of finishing The Winds of Winter any time soon, this show fell off a cliff.  That's when people started teleporting all across the continent and planet.  That's when we got garbage characters like the Sand Snakes.  That's when they started killing characters for nothing more than shock value.  They had zero foresight to try and plan ahead one or two seasons, no less the rest of the series.  If they had, maybe they would have actually kept Barristan Selmy.

Why?  Let's see.  We just found out that Jon Snow is really the son of Rhaegar Targaryan, the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne.  Wouldn't it be nice if we had someone was around at the time who could confirm this?

- someone who was close to Rheagar

- someone who is/was well respected by everyone in the Seven Kingdoms

- someone whose word and opinion would carry great weight w/ the nobility of the Seven Kingdoms

- someone who would have actually seen Rhaegar w/ Lyanna

- someone who would know that they ran off together and that Rhaegar didn't kidnap her

- someone who would have known that they had a legitimate marriage; maybe even witnessed the marriage

- someone who would have known that she was pregnant w/ Rhaegar's child

- someone who would have known that she was due very soon to the time that Ned went south to the Tower of Joy

- someone who would have found it very odd that, after those events, Ned came back w/ a "bastard" son that no one knew about

Yeah, it's too bad we don't have a character like that.  Instead, they killed him off for shock value.  Now, we're just expecting everyone to believe it because there's only 3 episodes left and ... you know ... MAGIC **shaking jazz hands**  Creepy Robot Bran said so it totally must be trust.  Hell, even Daenarys says it, "You believe this because your best friend and weird brother said it to you?"

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's see how the next battle goes. At leas everything should be in the day time from here on out! :D

lol But the next battle is the last battle. It's either going to be:

Ep.4 - lick your wounds, everybody teleports to Kings Landing

Ep.5 - mandatory big battle

Ep6. - tying up storylines

or

Ep.4 - lick your wounds, moving out towards Kings Landing

Ep.5 - slow teleport to Kings Landing / filler episode

Ep.6 - mandatory big battle / super-quick resolutions to everything "Whew!  Good thing that worked out for everybody!"

Honestly, at this point, I don't even know if I want to watch the last three episodes.  This entire series has been pushing the Night King as the Great, Big Bad and he's gone.  I have zero interest in Cersei now or anything that happens in Kings Landing.  Am I supposed to care that she has a crazy, rape-y guy w/ a navy or the Golden Company?  Even w/ all of their losses, Daenarys still has a dragon.  She can literally burn all of their ships, all of their soldiers and the entirety of Kings Landing in under 15 minutes.  End Series.

For anyone excited for Benioff & Weiss' Star Wars trilogy, something to remember:

Weiss only has 3 writing credits to his name besides Game of Thrones: the untitled SW project, The Confederate show (which likely isn't happening) and one episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Benioff, on the other hand, is the guy that gave us X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  I'm gonna let that sink in.

9 hours ago, Elbren said:

As for the episode itself, I could sadly spend all day pointing things out.him one at a time.  

Enjoyed your recap..lots of good points. 

Episode 4 has leaked online and there are spoilers for episodes 5 & 6 floating around.

If even half of the things I'm reading are true, fans may burn down HBO headquarters.