Sign in to follow this  
Rene88

Will Araujo Make The Team?

I think he’s expendable. I wonder if they’d keep him on for 17 days and then try to pass him through waivers.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It isn't the 12 days I'm concerned about.  It's the spot on the 40.

In Mike I trust. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What if we need to drop somebody from the 40 man who we think is more valuable than Araujo?

36 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Why would we need to do that?  Araujo is already on the 40-man.

I wasn’t clear.   Assume we need to add someone to the 40-man roster and we need to drop someone.   Are we going to keep Araujo just because he’s a Rule 5 guy, or are we going to drop him if he’s the least valuable guy on there?

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wasn’t clear.   Assume we need to add someone to the 40-man roster and we need to drop someone.   Are we going to keep Araujo just because he’s a Rule 5 guy, or are we going to drop him if he’s the least valuable guy on there?

I don't know. I kind of doubt any of the waiver claims we might grab are that important. Or doubt that any of our players we need to DFA might not pass thru waivers. Or c'est la vie. Like tnt said, In Mike We Trust. It just seems silly we've kept Araujo all year, 73(?) official days worth. What's 17 more?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is he an asset?

I've always liked his change up. I think its an out pitch.  However, with all these talks of spin rate, who knows how much Elias and his guys value the change up.  I believe he will be on the roster.  Does he need to be on the team for 17 days or games? If its 17 days, that puts us at April 13th.  Put him at AA/AAA for a season and learn the analytics system like everyone else and see if he's a piece.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I've always liked his change up. I think its an out pitch.  However, with all these talks of spin rate, who knows how much Elias and his guys value the change up.  I believe he will be on the roster.  Does he need to be on the team for 17 days or games? If its 17 days, that puts us at April 13th.  Put him at AA/AAA for a season and learn the analytics system like everyone else and see if he's a piece.

Pretty sure it's days.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Pretty sure it's days.

Yes. We went through this with Santandah. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

Yes. We went through this with Santandah. 

There's another question! Does he make the team? Playing like a mo-fo.

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

I will give Mike a few years too...lol. 

He has a better track record than Dan... Not as Forrest Gump-y either.

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

There's another question! Does he make the team? Playing like a mo-fo.

Yes!

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I will give Mike a few years too...lol. 

I think I Elias was a great hire.

i just don't like blind allegiance.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats

• I missed the last inning. Did Sucre provide demonstrative encouragement and critiques of his own pitches?
    • DJ Stewart should be up. He looked good last season and he is a better outfielder than Mancini.  Really I don't think management has a clue about baseball.
    • o   Hess held it together for 4 shutout innings before the White Sox got to him in the 5th.     15 OUTS: ) 5 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 2 Foulout, 2 Lineouts   DAVID JAMES HESS  ))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS) IP:ll5 H:lll 5 ))(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles) R:llll 4 BB:ll2 SO:ll3 Pitches: )l 76) (47 )Strikes, )29 )Balls) 2019 ERA: )l 5.88  )  26.00 IP  (17 ER) 2019 WHIP: )l 1.231  )  26.00 IP  (32 H/BB) 2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .250  )  (25 for 100)   PITCHES BY INNING ******************* 10 ll(71 llStrikes, lll31 lllBalls) 14 ll(91 llStrikes, lll51 lllBalls) 15 ll(91 llStrikes, lll61 lllBalls) 51 ll(31 llStrikes, lll21 lllBalls) 32 ll(19 llStrikes, l13 llllllBalls)   o
    • They miss Wieters behind the plate.
    • o   Hess held it together for 4 shutout innings before the White Sox got to him in the 5th.     15 OUTS: ) 5 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 2 Foulout, 2 Lineouts   DAVID JAMES HESS  ))))))) (vs. WHITE SOX, 4/22) IP:ll5 H:lll 5 ))(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles) R:llll 4 BB:ll2 SO:ll3 Pitches: )l 76) (47 )Strikes, )29 )Balls) 2019 ERA: )l 5.88  )  26.00 IP  (17 ER) 2019 WHIP: )l 1.231  )  26.00 IP  (32 H/BB) 2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .250  )  (25 for 100)   PITCHES BY INNING ******************* 10 ll(71 llStrikes, lll31 lllBalls) 14 ll(91 llStrikes, lll51 lllBalls) 15 ll(91 llStrikes, lll61 lllBalls) 51 ll(31 llStrikes, lll21 lllBalls) 32 ll(19 llStrikes, l13 llllllBalls)   o
    • No pitchers with elite stuff, track record of performance, and desirable delivery/measurables. I think Lodolo is probably the top pitcher, I like him better than Singer last year, but doesn’t really have TOR upside, he’s 92-95 lefty with sink, slider, curveball, change. Throws strikes, lots of GBs, avg command. Slider is a new pitch and gives him a chance to miss more bats. Other potential top pitchers drafted are Alek Manoah who is an extra large human, 93-98, plus slider, developing change, has had command and consistency problems but has really improved as the season has progressed. Was pretty much projected as a reliever at the beginning of the year, but has shook that label.  Jackson Rutledge who is a JUCO guy with command issues but a huge frame and huge stuff, he’s t100, he’s kind of a Nate Pearson clone.  Zach Thompson who is a lefty who  was kind of falling down draft boards until he sat 94-96 this past weekend with a plus curveball. His stuff is so inconsistent, it’d be a hard sell for me before 20 overall. George Kirby who doesn’t have anything plus, but is polished, with a bunch of average to 55 grade pitches and potential above average command. Then my favorite, Seth Johnson, who has a best mechanics of them all IMO, converted SS, has pitched one year since middle school. 91-96 t98, plus slider, high spin curveball, change. Poor pitch-ability and below average command, but like I said he’s literally just started pitching. He could be 4 plus pitches with successful development. The lack of track record could be viewed as a plus or a minus.  Those are the top college arms, the high school class has depth but doesn’t have anyone I’d be excited about taking in the top 15 overall.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now