wildcard

3rd round of cuts

Its the weekend which means more cuts.   Its getting harder.   I have the roster at 47.   Here is my guess:

Bostick

Infante

Wilkerson

Scott

Kline

Ramirez

Lucas

What  do you think?

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Right on everyone EXCEPT

1. Scott  (stays til the end and maybe makes the team)

I think Scott gets more time too, but man he has got show something if wants to make the 25 man roster.  I love his arm, but hoping he develops and doesn't end up being this generation's Brad Pennington.

I think a catcher will go too. Wynns should be playing next week and they will want to get him into a few games, so possibly Susac or Perez will go.

Other than that...I think your list is fine. Scott may or may not go though.

I thought Scott would make the team. Results have been pretty poor though. 

I thought Kline might make the team. Been hit around a little, bit Ks and BBs have been great. 

For both, it’s only been like 4 innings. Hard to say anything based on that. How they actually look, both in games and in practice, is also important, and I haven’t seen either pitch. So who knows. 

The other guys seem reasonable. 

32 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I think a catcher will go too. Wynns should be playing next week and they will want to get him into a few games, so possibly Susac or Perez will go.

Other than that...I think your list is fine. Scott may or may not go though.

I thought of cutting  a catcher but couldn't figure out which one to cut. We will get more information on the 22nd when Sucre has an opt out.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I thought of cutting  a catcher but couldn't figure out which one to cut.

Yeah, this one is tough.

Sisco is staying. I don't think they will cut Wynns before they give him a look again and decide if they will keep him or put him on IL. I think they like Sucre's defense a lot and will give him up to the last game since he missed time early.

Leaves Susac and Perez. If they want, they can release either and give them a chance to latch with another team since the minors will be a bit packed with Cervenka getting time and they aren't getting rid of Brockmeyer.

16 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yeah, this one is tough.

Sisco is staying. I don't think they will cut Wynns before they give him a look again and decide if they will keep him or put him on IL. I think they like Sucre's defense a lot and will give him up to the last game since he missed time early.

Leaves Susac and Perez. If they want, they can release either and give them a chance to latch with another team since the minors will be a bit packed with Cervenka getting time and they aren't getting rid of Brockmeyer.

I just couldn't rule out that Susac or Perez  might win the backup job.  They are all pretty even to me except Wynns with the injury but I agree this in not the time to cut him.

2 minutes ago, olddogger said:

Not at all sure there is anything to be gained by keeping Escobar beyond this weekend.

He has an opt out of the 21st.   I think they make the decision then.  That is my guess.  It gives them more time in case of injury or Martin or  Jackson.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Right on everyone EXCEPT

1. Scott  (stays til the end and maybe makes the team)

He has Bleier and Fry ahead of him and he needs to work on his command and control.  I think he does that in the minors and gets called up later.  That is my guess,