jeffstonefan

Opening Day tickets in NY cheaper than Baltimore

Orioles open this year on the road in NY on March 28 against the Yankees. The Orioles home opener at Camden Yards is the following week on April 4th, also against the Yankees.

On the secondary market tickets are being sold for as little as $65 for the game in NY, and over $100 for the game in Baltimore.

Anyone going to Opening Day in NY?

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm surprised you can't get cheaper tickets for the Baltimore game. Who is paying that much to see this group of bad contracts and AAAA replacement level guys?

Yankees fans who want to enjoy a decent stadium. 

• Upvote 1

Opening day is always a big deal in Baltimore regardless of the talent on the team. Wouldn’t read too much into it. There will be bottom dollar tickets and plenty of crowds with 10-15 k fans once we get into the season. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm surprised you can't get cheaper tickets for the Baltimore game. Who is paying that much to see this group of bad contracts and AAAA replacement level guys?

Baltimore Opening Day is like the Preakness. The city shuts down. Plus Day Drinking. 

Best bet if you don't care about getting inside for the game... do this.

Get downtown. Drink, Eat, Drink... wait for game to start.  Have another beer. Search StubHub.  Buy cheap ticket. Walk into stadium around the 2nd or 3rd inning.

Worst case, you don't find a ticket and just watch it at the bar. 

• Upvote 1

I'd love to have one of those big comfy seats right behind home plate that are almost always vacant until temps get above 80 degrees.  Always makes me laugh when I see those 3 foot wide seats not filled.

Baltimore OD premium is absurd and it has only gotten worse.....but still fun!  It is basically like Chicago or Cincinnati (always first game, big celebration) and just a big reason to party. It is basically Preakness and less about baseball though. I still love it! 

Not like that in NYC.