Smith - RF
Villar - 2B
Mancini - LF
Ruiz - 3B
Davis - 1B
Nunez - DH
Severino - C
Martin - SS

Hyde previously said he would put his best hitters at the top of the lineup. "Best" is certainly subjective when it comes to this team, but this sort of jives with that. Mullins, when he has a good game, is a good leadoff guy. Smith can use all fields. Villar is a solid veteran hitter. Mancini likewise. Davis 6th is certainly nice to see instead of 4th or 5th. And your two least accomplished ML hitters at the bottom. 

And now Corn will come tell me why I'm wrong. :)

But I think we see this lineup on Thursday in NY.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully Davis being dropped is a sign of things to come.  

That is a terrible, terrible lineup.  Cringe worthy, for sure.

Pop quiz, is there anyone in that lineup that could replace a starter on another AL East OD lineup?

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Only changes might be Sucre instead of Severino and Mancini as the DH with Rickard in left.

Ah you're probably right. Duh. Or Rickard in RF, Smith on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pop quiz, is there anyone in that lineup that could replace a starter on another AL East OD lineup?

Davis batting 6th. Only need to drop him four more spots now.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

My thoughts, too. I was going to wait for the actual opening day lineup, but this one deserves the same question.

Just now, OldNewGuy said:

My thoughts, too. I was going to wait for the actual opening day lineup, but this one deserves the same question.

Yeah, well there's no one that's on the roster that's NOT in that lineup that would make a difference when facing that question.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, well there's no one that's on the roster that's NOT in that lineup that would make a difference when facing that question.

I agree.

Just now, OldNewGuy said:

That fangraphs article Frobby has a thread about with each position says, essentially, nah. 

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Have you looked at the Blue Jays and Rays lineups?

I have to say I was okay knowing that the O's would be bad this year.  I was however excited to watch the young guys battle with the hopes that we can at least have a little excitement about the future.  Watching this group though really doesn't interest me in the least.  I will start paying attention again when they actually have a player on the team that may be here 3 years from now.

• Upvote 2

Tanaka is a RHP, so I could actually see Smith getting the start over Rickard. Or perhaps Smith could DH with Rickard in RF. 

I do think obviously Severino will be a strict backup until he learns the pitchers. 

3 minutes ago, turtlebowl said:

I have to say I was okay knowing that the O's would be bad this year.  I was however excited to watch the young guys battle with the hopes that we can at least have a little excitement about the future.  Watching this group though really doesn't interest me in the least.  I will start paying attention again when they actually have a player on the team that may be here 3 years from now.

Ruiz, Nunez, Martin, Jackson, Mullins, Severino, Smith, Mancini.