Frobby

Who’s your choice for most pleasant surprise of 2019?

A lot of love for DSJ.  His minor league #'s are less than impressive.  I don't see him outperforming what he did in the minors.  He has never hit for average or power. 

Someone will surprise, but we are in for a rude awakening with most of these players. Most of the current roster will struggle to be > .700.  

8 hours ago, atomic said:

Last year in 541 at bats in Triple A he had a .711 OPS. I am not sure where you are getting the .750 OPS from.  More than likely he is released before the season is over.  

Maybe you don’t understand the meaning of the word “surprise.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'll say it.

Davis.

I'll say it, "Hoo boy!"  

Trumbo to the 60 day IL.  

Ruiz is second choice.  Mullins has looked good defensively.

What it is about Ruiz that makes people think he's going to be a solid major leaguer?  I haven't really seen him play, but he's repeated AAA twice and last year OPS'd .711 in a full season at Gwinnett.  Is the thought that the new regime changed his swing?  

The projection systems seem to have him pegged at something like a .675 OPS and positive-ish defense.

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What it is about Ruiz that makes people think he's going to be a solid major leaguer?  I haven't really seen him play, but he's repeated AAA twice and last year OPS'd .711 in a full season at Gwinnett.  Is the thought that the new regime changed his swing?  

The projection systems seem to have him pegged at something like a .675 OPS and positive-ish defense.

Hey man.

Sometimes, you just gotta believe.

It's like throwing darts at this point.  I'll go with Diaz whenever he ends up here.

32 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

But he was mashing in spring training!

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I'll say it.

Davis.

Davis hopefu

37 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

People are grasping at straws.  Not much on the roster looking like it will do much.  If anyone isn't below replacement level it is a surprise. 

34 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Looks athletic. Former pick of Elias. 

At this point anyone around 25 with a pulse is good enough for hope. 

• Upvote 1