interloper

BEHOLD: Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2019

Hyde said his best 4 hitters would be in the top of the lineup. I don't see that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Natty said:

Hyde said his best 4 hitters would be in the top of the lineup. I don't see that. 

No? That surprises me. Who is better?

1 minute ago, weams said:

Based on spring training or last year, either way you look at it, Mullins is not even close to our best hitter.

Just now, Natty said:

Based on spring training or last year, either way you look at it, Mullins is not even close to our best hitter.

Eh, but when he has a good game, he's a great leadoff hitter. He can be pesky. Power, can drop a bunt, can beat out an infield hit, can take a walk. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

Mullins isn’t top 4 yet.    But he is fast and should provide excitement at leadoff if he gets on base often enough.   He needs to do better than last year’s .312 OBP and this spring’s .262.   His minor league .330 would be OK, not outstanding.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Mullins isn’t top 4 yet.    But he is fast and should provide excitement at leadoff if he gets on base often enough.   He needs to do better than last year’s .312 OBP and this spring’s .262.   His minor league .330 would be OK, not outstanding.   

I agree then. Ruiz should lead off. 

6 minutes ago, Natty said:

I agree. My bad. 

3 minutes ago, weams said:

I agree then. Ruiz should lead off. 

I'm not sure if you're joking or not based on the meaninglessness of ST stats, but I'd certainly rather have Mullins' left-side up there over Ruiz's. Ruiz is an unknown quantity. Mullins is the more established left-handed hitter, IMO.

Also, it will be interesting to see the lineup vs LHP. Mullins may or may not even be in it.

Speedy guy that isn't great at getting on base leading off, manager that thinks the third slot is more important than the fifth.

Bam, unrefreshed.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats

• 😅 🦄Richie Martin: FIRST BIG FLY BABAAAAAYYYY. Get 'em Richie. And off CC no less. Tacked on another single while he was at it.    Renato Nunez: Smacked a curveball into the CF seats for a 2-run shot. Got them back in the game. Alas, it was not enough to spur a rally. He did walk in this one, too, which is probably a good sign for that slump.    Hanser Alberto: RBI double. Hanser's line against LHP? .426/.426/.617/1.043  😳   Gabriel Ynoa: I'll give him some credit for pitching 2.1 and giving up just the 1 ER. It's an improvement based on his recent games. The team really needs him to give some quality long relief innings, and this basically counts. Not ready to give up on Ynoa yet.    🦄Branden Kline: Nice outing! He hit 98! Branden is hanging in there at the ML level and that's great. Maybe one of the more underrated good things to happen on the team this year. He still needs more innings before we can make a call, but he tossed 1.2 scoreless innings in this one against a potent lineup, and got 2 Ks. You know what? Unicorn for Branden.    Shawn Armstrong: LOL Mariners. It never gets old. 0.96 ERA since coming over.    Brandon Hyde: Proved he is not just Mr. Positivity. Did not mince words after this one. I would normally say Straily should be worried, but Hyde repeated that this is what they got. But he's not going to sit there and brush it all off - he voiced some displeasure and I applaud that. It's getting silly out there.    Mike Elias: Great interview recently which, if you've been feeling a little beat down lately, should provide some pep in your step. The win-loss record is what it is, but good things are percolating in the minors and in the front office. Stay the course!   Errors: 0   Yankees: Didn't score the last 4 innings of this one, at least. 
    • OK so let's ask the unspoken question that Elias will never openly admit to. Stewart started his ML clock last September, playing in 17 games. Taking that into account, how much longer does he need to stay down in Norfolk for us to get the extra year?     It shouldn't be much longer right?
    • One of BP's eyewitness guys ventured a "looks like Jered Weaver" comp on him, and tagged his windup as slow and deliberate, not that TTTP is as much of an organizational priority anymore.
    • If you told me my CF played elite defense, hit 25 dingers and had 40 SB I would say that's pretty spectacular.  List the guys who have done that in the last ten years. That said, I think he could end up being a weak version of a player Elias had in Hou, Jake Marisnick.
    • At the end of the day, you will most likely be disappointed with whatever the actual result is in the next signing period. I don't say that as a slight to you, really, just that there will still be a disparity between what actually occurs in their first actual year of entering this market and what we envision is possible. But whatever they do, it looks like it will clearly be the MOST they've done EVER. It doesn't mean it will be effective in terms of that turning into ML talent. But the progress toward that goal will be noteworthy, and their international efforts should only improve from that point on. 
    • When I talk to people about this who dont think it's a problem I always ask them if they are a parent, and what they would think if their son/daughter and a friend came home with a test.  The test is a ten question test and the friend got 7/10 questions right while their son/daughter got 8/10.  However when asked what the grade is the son/daughter got a B while the friend got an A.  That's major league baseball. And the analogy usually works to show people the absurdity of what has been deemed a competitively balanced system. Large market teams simply can make more mistakes and end up with better results. The Boston Redsox won the WS last year with over $80 million in dead money (Sandoval, Craig, Rusney Castillo).  That was more dead money than 4 teams were paying their entire payroll.
    • They only play the Yankees 8 more times all year, so that will help them not make it to 115 losses.  Hopefully they will have some opponents over the rest of the year that don't intimidate them as easily as the Yankees do.  Just imagine how badly New York would be beating the Os if they actually had even a reasonably healthy team.
  • Popular Contributors