Jump to content
Santandah

The X-O’s report -- how the guys we purged are doing

Recommended Posts

I noticed Richard Rodriguez has become a stud late inning guy for Pittsburg, and Christian Walker is the starting 1B for the D-Backs. Walker and Jonesy both HRed in the loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea for a thread. I was thinking about posting something yesterday after Beckham homered for the second time. I'm really curious to see how Miley pans out with the Astros. He's looked like a different pitcher this spring. 2.19 ERA, 1.22 WHIP with 10 Ks in 12 innings.  Maybe they do have the magic formula to getting the most out of their pitchers. Time will tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Great thread idea and I hope you keep it up. Sale had an epicly bad game, which boggles the mind. 

Great pitchers do lay an occasional egg.

So no, its really not mind boggling.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Good idea for a thread. I was thinking about posting something yesterday after Beckham homered for the second time. I'm really curious to see how Miley pans out with the Astros. He's looked like a different pitcher this spring. 2.19 ERA, 1.22 WHIP with 10 Ks in 12 innings.  Maybe they do have the magic formula to getting the most out of their pitchers. Time will tell. 

Miley is always been a puzzle.

Talented pitcher, and let, let his head get into it too much.

I remember one of the MASN guys telling Miley to just throw the pitch and not over think it, went out and got 12 Ks, his next start and had a good 3 or 4 game run, before slipping back into his usual mediocre stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, interloper said:

Great thread idea and I hope you keep it up. Sale had an epicly bad game, which boggles the mind. 

There is a long-standing ex-Oriole tracking thread in the MLB forum, FYI.    

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amid all the gloom and doom, one happy note has been our rule five guys. They both made the team, and they both deserved to, and each can expect to be a genuinely productive part of this team. How do you think it feels to make the jump from single or double A all the way to a major-league roster? 

Good for them! Very good for them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Santandah said:

 

Yesterday some of the guys we loved and lost -- or in the case of Tim Beckam just endured and lost -- had pretty big days. I thought it might be fun to check in on how the ex-O’s we let go during the purge of 2018 are doing throughout the year. 

I don’t think this should be a running tab of misery, but perhaps something more sentimental, because I want Adam Jones and Jon Schoop to succeed in their new homes, and I’ll always be curious about how Manny marches toward a potential date with Cooperstown. So, maybe we can track how they’re doing. 

So, no. I don’t think that this should be a place to post highlights of Josh Hader’s awesome 6-out save yesterday. That’s milk spilt long ago. 

But hey. AJ went 2-4 with a dinger leading off for the D-Backs yesterday.

Manny went hitless in his Pad’s debut, but made a great play

Tim Beckham went yard twice off of Chris Sale

And Schoop had an 0-fer
 

Beckham is going to break the hearts of Seattle. He also muffed a play on the infield, but I think it went for a generous hit instead of an error.

he is well away from BMore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Santandah said:

 

Yesterday some of the guys we loved and lost -- or in the case of Tim Beckam just endured and lost -- had pretty big days. I thought it might be fun to check in on how the ex-O’s we let go during the purge of 2018 are doing throughout the year. 

I don’t think this should be a running tab of misery, but perhaps something more sentimental, because I want Adam Jones and Jon Schoop to succeed in their new homes, and I’ll always be curious about how Manny marches toward a potential date with Cooperstown. So, maybe we can track how they’re doing. 

So, no. I don’t think that this should be a place to post highlights of Josh Hader’s awesome 6-out save yesterday. That’s milk spilt long ago. 

But hey. AJ went 2-4 with a dinger leading off for the D-Backs yesterday.

Manny went hitless in his Pad’s debut, but made a great play

Tim Beckham went yard twice off of Chris Sale

And Schoop had an 0-fer
 

PS I’d really like to see a video of Joey’s good catch yesterday but I have an able to find it anywhere. Do you have access to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Philip said:

PS I’d really like to see a video of Joey’s good catch yesterday but I have an able to find it anywhere. Do you have access to it?

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Good idea for a thread. I was thinking about posting something yesterday after Beckham homered for the second time. I'm really curious to see how Miley pans out with the Astros. He's looked like a different pitcher this spring. 2.19 ERA, 1.22 WHIP with 10 Ks in 12 innings.  Maybe they do have the magic formula to getting the most out of their pitchers. Time will tell. 

He was really good for Milwaukee last year when healthy

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope all the ex-Orioles do well this season. Especially the long term guys:  Markakis, Jones and Wieters.  Even though I was never a Schoop fan I  hope he turns it around. It will be interesting to see how they do.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...