Santandah

The X-O’s report -- how the guys we purged are doing

1 hour ago, Bubble Buddy said:

It really is kinda crazy that a line up with Schoop, Machado, Jones, Mancini, Beckham, Trumbo, Davis (2017 was bad but not as bad as 2018) was THAT bad. More than half of those guys were in their prime or younger.

The team was very one dimensional as we know. Virtually no defense, especially switching Manny and Beckham and putting Mancini and Trumbo in the field, which was almost insulting to the game of baseball. But still. 

It's insane the 2018 Orioles were THAT bad. Far too much talent to completely implode like that.

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2019 at 10:45 AM, Santandah said:

Yesterday some of the guys we loved and lost -- or in the case of Tim Beckam just endured and lost -- had pretty big days. I thought it might be fun to check in on how the ex-O’s we let go during the purge of 2018 are doing throughout the year. 

I don’t think this should be a running tab of misery, but perhaps something more sentimental, because I want Adam Jones and Jon Schoop to succeed in their new homes, and I’ll always be curious about how Manny marches toward a potential date with Cooperstown. So, maybe we can track how they’re doing. 

So, no. I don’t think that this should be a place to post highlights of Josh Hader’s awesome 6-out save yesterday. That’s milk spilt long ago. 

But hey. AJ went 2-4 with a dinger leading off for the D-Backs yesterday.

Manny went hitless in his Pad’s debut, but made a great play

Tim Beckham went yard twice off of Chris Sale

And Schoop had an 0-fer

Great idea for a thread.  I still check out Atlanta to see how Markakis is doing. 

• Like 1

It's April.  Check back in August and let me know how Adam's doing.  Loved him but it was time to move on.  (What a buzzkill!)

14 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

It's April.  Check back in August and let me know how Adam's doing.  Loved him but it was time to move on.  (What a buzzkill!)

What if he has a career year?  I think he is more likely than Schoop to bounce back. 

5 hours ago, atomic said:

What if he has a career year?  I think he is more likely than Schoop to bounce back. 

Why?   Based on age, I’d say Schoop’s chances are better.    That said, Adam is the more consistent player.    His BA and OBP were in his normal range, he just needs several doubles to be homers this year.    Schoop needs to get his BA up considerably.   

Happy for Adam, but he's started out like gang busters before and eventually regressed to his typical production levels.  Granted, his typical production levels would be good for him coming off the year he had, but lets not get carried away after just a couple of games.  What you're seeing right now is nothing you haven't seen from him before to start the season.

I'm glad to see Jones is playing well.  I hope has a great year in AZ and goes on a deep playoff run there.   Not sure why we need to minimize anything he did here historically or root for him to have a down year or something.

A great year this year in AZ still wouldn't change the fact that it was time to move on.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bonecrusher52 said:

So... Any update on Buck and Dan?

Buck is in Texas. Dan might be back in Massachusetts. I know he had settled in in Baltimore though. And he still has that preschooler. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, weams said:

Buck is in Texas. Dan might be back in Massachusetts. I know he had settled in in Baltimore though. And he still has that preschooler. 

Dan;s Sports Academy might be in trouble. The number to the place is still not in service. Someone I know who lives up there says the place is for sale. 

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/stories/hinsdale-officials-caution-duquette-sports-academy-over-permit,560656

https://www.duquettesports.com/contact-us/