OFFNY

vs. YANKS, 4/04 (2019 Home Opener)

Just now, Philip said:

Is that Brian Roberts in the booth with Jim Hunter? If so, I like what he saying, although his voice is very generic

Probably. He and Ben MacDonald are doing games this year. And of course Bordick.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Roberts.

But hey, lets keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Maybe they can sign Mancini to a nice new deal after he becomes a free agent.

Any contract extensions offered should be for players under 25 years old. And none of the Orioles younger players are deserving of an early extension right now.

I really wish you could sync up the radio and tv broacasts on the android mlb.tv app. You can do that on the Roku app. 

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Richie Martin hit into some tough luck on that ground out to 1B. His EV was 105.4 and his xBA on that hit was .400. Martin had a nice BP today so that's a good sign that maybe he can break out of this early funk a bit.

Where do you get this play by play data?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

And they were both superior players to Villar.

They were, but we're also extending Villar when he's younger. Plus he wouldn't be kept for all the money. Like 8-11 million a year for 3 years I think would be fair. Plus he'll be a valuable asset during the rebuild because he can play 2B and SS, or you can trade him. All you'd be doing is buying out a FA year in this scenario hypothetically

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

Is that Brian Roberts in the booth with Jim Hunter? If so, I like what he saying, although his voice is very generic

He was born in Durham and grew up in Chapel Hill and has that “no accent” generic voice that seems to be prevalent from his generation onward around here. I was born and raised  30 miles east about 17 years earlier and I sound like I’m from Plains, GA. 

6 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Roberts was the same age as Hardy when he signed his extension. 

Nelson Cruz was older than either of them.   

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

He was born in Durham and grew up in Chapel Hill and has that “no accent” generic voice that seems to be prevalent from his generation onward around here. I was born and raised  30 miles east about 17 years earlier and I sound like I’m from Plains, GA. 

My manager is from Harper's Ferry, WV sounds like a banjo. You have a bit of a twang, but it's not as bad. 

• Upvote 1

Oh boy.  I tap into the video and the first thing I hear is from Gary Thorne talking about a facial on Joe Angel.