Going Underground

Long lines at security checkpoints frustrate Orioles fans at home opener

57 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Did anyone else who purchased tickets aside from your season plan have any issues getting the app to load the barcode?  I spent over 30 minutes on the phone waiting for support, and I ended up going to the Eutaw Street gate and got my tickets printed for no charge (despite the $5 charge the site claimed if I wanted them printed and picked up.) . This whole mobile thing is absolutely ridiculous.  

Best to open the app at home (or at least prior to arriving at the ballpark, and having to share Wifi or your cell carrier's signal with thousands of others), and take a screenshot of the bar code.  When you get to the gate, then just open up your Gallery and bring up the screenshot.  Eliminates the need for the app to open at the gate.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

I'm not sure why anyone would be frustrated.   This policy and the security checkpoints have been in place a long time.

Got in line at 2:30pm and it took 45min to get in. Took longer than airport security. It shouldn't be hard to go to a baseball game, they need to hire more staff to make the lines go quicker - plain n' simple.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I spoke too soon. Does Camden Yards really have this? I have seen nothing about doing this.

CLEAR announced today new Major League Baseball (MLB) club partnerships and the expansion of its biometric ticketing solution at additional stadiums across the United States. Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles fans can now use the CLEAR biometric identity membership platform to verify their identity for frictionless access to games at Globe Life Park and Camden Yards.

https://www.biometricupdate.com/201904/more-mlb-stadiums-deploy-clear-biometric-tech-for-frictionless-fan-entry

Camden Yards is listed . You can sign up for free.Not sure if working yet.

https://www.clearme.com/sports

2 hours ago, weams said:

There is no real search occuring., THey just really looking for visible liquor. And the metal detectors are not often really operational.  Shame we have to go through this, but it is at least a show piece for the league. 

And there is that as well.  They started going through my glove and eyeglass case specifically for that, and was told as much by the folks out there themselves.  Meanwhile I've had only one person in three years with this bag check the small zipper pocket at the top.  

23 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

1. Maybe they had a credible threat?

2.  What if one does not have a cell phone for tickets?

You would probably have to go down and physically get your tickets. 

2 hours ago, beantownrefugee said:

Best to open the app at home (or at least prior to arriving at the ballpark, and having to share Wifi or your cell carrier's signal with thousands of others), and take a screenshot of the bar code.  When you get to the gate, then just open up your Gallery and bring up the screenshot.  Eliminates the need for the app to open at the gate.

A couple issues with that.  The barcode wasn't showing at home either, both through my app or online via Ticketmaster.  I assumed that it was either geofenced or time-locked to appear at a certain time, since I bought it as my supplement to my season tickets (29 games.) . 

Second, they will only scan the app or your wallet app, they won't scan screenshots.  The screenshot might help you not pay $5 to have the tickets printed, but they didn't ask me for payment for them yesterday.  

Just now, Going Underground said:

And pay $5 to get them printed at the box office.  You can no longer print from home.  

5 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

And there is that as well.  They started going through my glove and eyeglass case specifically for that, and was told as much by the folks out there themselves.  Meanwhile I've had only one person in three years with this bag check the small zipper pocket at the top.  

They are not really security. The one person I know at the one gate used to be an usher and the person started having problems with their back , so they made them security  with basically no training.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Yup, called the will call ticket booth, but youngsters dont know what that is, just us old timers. :)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Yup, called the will call ticket booth, but youngsters dont know what that is, just us old timers. :)

What'd he say?  Will Call doesn't work here anymore?

13 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

A couple issues with that.  The barcode wasn't showing at home either, both through my app or online via Ticketmaster.  I assumed that it was either geofenced or time-locked to appear at a certain time, since I bought it as my supplement to my season tickets (29 games.) . 

Second, they will only scan the app or your wallet app, they won't scan screenshots.  The screenshot might help you not pay $5 to have the tickets printed, but they didn't ask me for payment for them yesterday.  

Sorry to hear about your experience.  But, I did take a screenshot for my tickets yesterday, they scanned the bar code of the screenshot, and it worked.  I do the same for Caps hockey.

5 minutes ago, beantownrefugee said:

Sorry to hear about your experience.  But, I did take a screenshot for my tickets yesterday, they scanned the bar code of the screenshot, and it worked.  I do the same for Caps hockey.

TSA accepts bar code screenshots too at the airports.

6 minutes ago, beantownrefugee said:

Thats interesting, they specifically posted the FAQ on Twitter and said they wouldn't accept screenshots.