Jump to content
Going Underground

Long lines at security checkpoints frustrate Orioles fans at home opener

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Considering they charge $16 for a beer at Nats Park, they should have free wi-fi.

$9.00 for a 16 oz. $16.00 is crazy but it is for a 24 oz. draft beer that is a craft beer from the area. 

Beer prices looked to be the same as last year, ranging from $5 for the pregame happy hour special at the Scoreboard Pavilion to $16 for a 24-ounce draft or 25-ounce premium can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid ~5 bucks for my tickets at Memorial Stadium. Maybe less when with a group outing. I pay ~20 for my wonderful season tickets at Camden Yards.  

We paid 38 cents for gas. I now pay ~ 2 bucks. 

Seems similar. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell Is Trying To Get Into A Ballpark On Opening Day

rsq4dx7xgjf3but4ev3n.jpg

D0sN7enWwAE-ZWD.jpg

If anyone has been to a Georgetown game the last few years, it's brutal all the time. Georgetown/cap one arena had to release a statement this past season encouraging fans to get to the arena 1 hour prior to game to ensure avoiding very long lines. There has to be a better way. I'm not a caps or wizards fan but I've been told the lines move much faster for their games.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Son and I went to see the Ravens play in Charlotte this past season and had no issues at all. Got in and out fast, almost no lines at concession stands. Makes me wonder if this is specific to certain venues because of how they are run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Frobby said:

You can still bring in a decent sized cooler.    Heck, the ones the O’s give away can hold 3-4 drinks and a sandwich or two.    

Yes, and we do.  Generally waters, snacks and if you bring beer in a plastic bottle, it has been ok too.  Of course Im talking like 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

I've fully embraced the paperless ticket system on the phones and its easier and quicker than the paper tickets. With that being said we had issues with our paperless tickets at the spring training game we attended earlier this year. The barcodes would not show up in the mlb ballpark app, (from ticketmaster). That was the first hiccup I've experienced, hopefully they have resolved the problem. Prior to that game, its been easy and painless.

As far as long lines at opening day, most people wait until 15 minutes before first pitch to leave the pubs and try and get into the game. Same thing happens before every Ravens game.

How are paperless tickets quicker than paper tickets? It has always taken longer scanning someone's phone over the paper tickets.  In the past I was always annoyed with people holding up the line trying to get them to read the ticket off their phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, atomic said:

How are paperless tickets quicker than paper tickets? It has always taken longer scanning someone's phone over the paper tickets.  In the past I was always annoyed with people holding up the line trying to get them to read the ticket off their phone.

Paper tickets take a few days to arrive at your residence via mail. Or you can wait in line at the box office to pick them up. Even if there is no line, it still takes just as long waiting for sportsguy to check your id, print them out, and hand them to you. By the time you go through all of that you just cost yourself 15 minutes. Not to mention the fact its a total waste of paper, ink, and money to print tickets and maintain printers. Multiple that process by 45,000 on opening day? Total time saver and money saver by all parties involved to ditch paper tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Paper tickets take a few days to arrive at your residence via mail. Or you can wait in line at the box office to pick them up. Even if there is no line, it still takes just as long waiting for sportsguy to check your id, print them out, and hand them to you. By the time you go through all of that you just cost yourself 15 minutes. Not to mention the fact its a total waste of paper, ink, and money to print tickets and maintain printers. Multiple that process by 45,000 on opening day? Total time saver and money saver by all parties involved to ditch paper tickets.

Or you can print at home.  Today we got there early and were only people in line and took a long time to get in.  They made us turn up brightness on phone to max.  Then it still took a long time to scan all the tickets successfully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Or you can print at home.  Today we got there early and were only people in line and took a long time to get in.  They made us turn up brightness on phone to max.  Then it still took a long time to scan all the tickets successfully

Printing at home is an option, mapquest is an option too. Paperless tickets are here to stay. The hand scanners the Orioles use work much better at the indoor arenas. The Orioles need to install (sun) covered turnstiles where the fan self scans before entering.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Printing at home is an option, mapquest is an option too. Paperless tickets are here to stay. The hand scanners the Orioles use work much better at the indoor arenas. The Orioles need to install (sun) covered turnstiles where the fan self scans before entering.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Printing at home is an option, mapquest is an option too. Paperless tickets are here to stay. The hand scanners the Orioles use work much better at the indoor arenas. The Orioles need to install (sun) covered turnstiles where the fan self scans before entering.

Isnt that what the Ravens have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, atomic said:

Isnt that what the Ravens have?

Ravens use hand scanners, but the ticket takers are in the shade inside the stadium. Nats (gasp) have awnings covering their turnstiles, each equipped with their own self scanner. The Orioles need to install a similar system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...