Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Attendance 2019

Recommended Posts

Yankees series:

44,182 (home opener)

27,504 (Saturday)

33,102 (Sunday)

Can’t really tell how that bodes for attendance.   Last year we only drew 17 k for the Saturday-Sunday games following the opener, but that was against the Twins,   We played 6 weekend games with the Yankees last year, none until June, and the crowds ranged from 17,343 to 32,445.    The circumstances were a little odd because one of the June games was rained out and then played  in August as part of a dual admission doubleheader.   The low game was the Sunday after the doubleheader.

Should get a good read tonight on what the low attendance games will look like.   This is basically the equivalent of last year’s Monday, April 9 game that drew a season low 7,915 (paid).

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yankees series:

44,182 (home opener)

27,504 (Saturday)

33,102 (Sunday)

Can’t really tell how that bodes for attendance.   Last year we only drew 17 k for the Saturday-Sunday games following the opener, but that was against the Twins,   We played 6 weekend games with the Yankees last year, none until June, and the crowds ranged from 17,343 to 32,445.    The circumstances were a little odd because one of the June games was rained out and then played  in August as part of a dual admission doubleheader.   The low game was the Sunday after the doubleheader.

Should get a good read tonight on what the low attendance games will look like.   This is basically the equivalent of last year’s Monday, April 9 game that drew a season low 7,915 (paid).

Now raining in Baltimore. Should be a very low attended game.Yesterday was at best 50/50 division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Now raining in Baltimore. Should be a very low attended game.Yesterday was at best 50/50 division.

Last year’s April 9 game was played in intermittent rain and temperatures hovering around 40 degrees, so worse than tonight.    If they get the game in, it should be very fair to compare the two, which basically just tells you who had a full-season plan.

As an aside, I had 4 tickets for tonight as part of my season ticket group, and decided to switch them out for a game against the Indians on Saturday June 29.    My ticket rep told me it would cost an extra $164 for the four tickets — I was shocked it was that big a difference.   Apparently tonight is a so-called “value game” whereas June 29 is a “premium game” — literally the low and high ends of the spectrum on the O’s variable pricing system.   I decided to fork over the money anyway.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time ever, I've had 3 different sales reps reach out to me 4X this year alone to try to get me to purchase a season ticket package.  Their rationale was I had bought tickets to "several" (4) games last season.  They didn't reach out when I was buying tickets for 9 games for a couple years before that.  In fact, the last time I bought a plan was 13 game Sunday plan... in 1995 (Ripken's 2131 season).   I do appreciate their effort and being much more proactive.  It also tells me sales will be down this season (as if that's not Captain Obvious enough for you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Last year’s April 9 game was played in intermittent rain and temperatures hovering around 40 degrees, so worse than tonight.    If they get the game in, it should be very fair to compare the two, which basically just tells you who had a full-season plan.

As an aside, I had 4 tickets for tonight as part of my season ticket group, and decided to switch them out for a game against the Indians on Saturday June 29.    My ticket rep told me it would cost an extra $164 for the four tickets — I was shocked it was that big a difference.   Apparently tonight is a so-called “value game” whereas June 29 is a “premium game” — literally the low and high ends of the spectrum on the O’s variable pricing system.   I decided to fork over the money anyway.    

As I said before the day you are going is a jersey giveaway. You pay for the giveaway.The next day is anywhere from $12 .00 to $25.00 less per ticket.Some areas a little more and some a little less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

25 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

As I said before the day you are going is a jersey giveaway. You pay for the giveaway.The next day is anywhere from $12 .00 to $25.00 less per ticket.Some areas a little more and some a little less.

Ah, didn’t realize that.   I think I already got a Maryland Flag jersey or T-shirt last year.    Only so many of these things you can wear!    But , since I already bought the tickets, I’m glad to know I’m getting something extra for my money!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

For the first time ever, I've had 3 different sales reps reach out to me 4X this year alone to try to get me to purchase a season ticket package.  Their rationale was I had bought tickets to "several" (4) games last season.  They didn't reach out when I was buying tickets for 9 games for a couple years before that.  In fact, the last time I bought a plan was 13 game Sunday plan... in 1995 (Ripken's 2131 season).   I do appreciate their effort and being much more proactive.  It also tells me sales will be down this season (as if that's not Captain Obvious enough for you).

I only have been called once and couldnt talk as I was in work meeting.  Last had season tickets in 2013.  I would get them again if my daughter cared one bit about watching men playing baseball.  I am sure if it were women were out there playing she would be interested.  

I think it is a good thing they are making more of an effort.  Perhaps they should have called when I didnt renew.  Easier to keep current customers than getting new ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

As I said before the day you are going is a jersey giveaway. You pay for the giveaway.The next day is anywhere from $12 .00 to $25.00 less per ticket.Some areas a little more and some a little less.

I wonder who's name will be on Jersey giveaway this year?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atomic said:

I wonder who's name will be on Jersey giveaway this year?  

It'll have a #19 on it.....

 

But that's because they use the year for the number.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, atomic said:

I wonder who's name will be on Jersey giveaway this year?  

International Signing Bonus Money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

 

Well, I guess we pretty much know what the baseline of season ticket sales is.

Spitting a little rain around gametime, a non-premium opponent, a Monday night in April on the night of the National Champsionship game.

So despite the comfortable spring weather, this was probably a perfect storm.   Little or no walkup, a game no one would have gone out of their way to buy tickets for in advance.

I guess we know that 6500 or so season tickets are sold and that will be our floor this year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







  • Posts

    • These have become so important for me. While we are not where we should be, we are definitely seeing some success in the lower levels and that is exciting.
    • Mountcastle hit his 22nd home run today, and more importantly (apparently), walked for the third time in his last 4 games. .312/.342/.521.
    • I was speaking in a general sense.  
    • He’s not on the 40.   He’ll need to be in it in December.  
    • For Immediate Release: August 18, 2019   PITCHING STAFF TOSSES EIGHT SCORELESS IN WIN KEYS SCORE FIVE UNANSWERED TO TAKE SERIES FINALE FREDERICK, MD – After a rocky first inning, the Frederick Keys (20-33, 49-73) pitching staff kept the Fayetteville Woodpeckers (31-25, 62-63) off the scoreboard, earning a 5-3 victory on Sunday afternoon at Nymeo Field. Cole Billingsley broke a 3-3 tie with a bases loaded double that brought home a pair of runs in the sixth inning. Scott Burke (2-2) and Zach Matson (S, 1) then locked down the final four innings as the Keys gave up just one hit after the first inning. Tied 3-3 in the sixth, Will Robertson hit a single to lead off the inning and Jean Carrillo hit a double off the left-field wall a batter later. Parker Mushinski then allowed a walk which drew controversy from the Fayetteville dugout, as Woodpecker’s hitting coach Jason Kanzler was ejected arguing balls and strikes. Billingsley then came to the plate and grounded a ball down the first base line, bringing a pair of runs home to give the Keys a 5-3 lead. Burke retired the first seven he faced out of the bullpen but lost control in the eighth inning. He walked three straight Woodpeckers as Matson was called upon to put out the fire. With the bases loaded and one-out, Matson forced a groundball to third that caught the lead runner at the plate and then struck out the final batter to end the inning. Burke did not allow a hit nor a run over 2.1 innings. Matson polished off the final 1.2 frames and gave up one hit. The first inning resembled yesterday’s seven run opening frame for Fayetteville, as Cameron Bishop struggled to command the ball. He allowed a base hit and walked two batters to load the bases for Miguelangel Sierra, who cleared the bases with a double to give the Woodpeckers a 3-0 lead. Bishop rebounded nicely after that. He walked three batter but did not allow a hit or a run over the next four innings while he finished with five strikeouts. The Keys offense went to work in the third inning. After Mushinski retired the first two batters of the inning, he put two men for Robert Neustrom, who cracked a double to the right-centerfield gap that scored both runners. An inning later, the Keys were able to tie the game 3-3. Robbie Thorburn’s double put runners at second and third and Mushinski then walked a batter to load the bases. Clare then hit a sharp groundball to third baseman David Hensley, who couldn’t handle it cleanly, allowing the tying run to cross. The Keys have an off-day on Monday before opening up a three-game homestand against Potomac on Tuesday, August 20. RHP Blaine Knigjht (1-9, 5.73) takes the mound for Frederick against LHP Nick Raquet (10-8, 4.13) for Potomac. First pitch is scheduled for 7:00pm with pregame coverage starting at 6:45pm on the Tune In app and frederickkeys.com. The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. Following the 2018 season, the Keys were named the winner of the Carolina League’s Complete Franchise Award. This goes to a team in the league which demonstrates franchise stability and significant contributions to its community and the league. In 2019, the team will host the Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Geoff Arnold by phone at (301)-815-9915 or by emailing at GArnold@FrederickKeys.com. www.FrederickKeys.com-                          
    • I realize Im a "come lately" on this post, and I also realize a teeny weenie sample size is really nothing to get too excited about...but man, that kid has a good arm. I spoke to Palmer off the air and he told me EVEN if the gun was jacked up, he was easily throwing 98  with some movement. And he showed poise and smarts. Palmer's quote"really early, but I was impressed. That was an easy windup and he surprised me with that kind of velocity. Kid has a great arm."...Please...baseball Gods...Let SOMETHING BE GOOD going forward this year!
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...