Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Attendance 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I keep forgetting to mention one thing. In the club level you can buy a pepperoni pizza for only $41. 

I had to look at that price about 5 times the other day to see if my eyes were deceiving me. 

The Orioles let you take your own food and drink which is great and there are many cheap food options inside the stadium, that said some of the prices are a joke. I also didn’t see any regular burger and fries in the club level just a Roseda burger and fries for $17. 

I can’t imagine too many pizzas have been sold this year. 

try ordering a pizza from the luxury suites, its like $129.00 for a large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

try ordering a pizza from the luxury suites, its like $129.00 for a large.

But Chris Davis personally delivers it to you.Sometimes he takes it down the middle and you never get it to your suite.Other times cant get it to you with the shift and swings the door wide 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, Going Underground said:

Well city has good things going and some really bad things Under Armour would be a good partner  I know they work somewhat with them Legg Mason pulled all signage from sports stadiums.That is why not above the scoreboard.Guinness would be a good partner The only brewery in the US is in Baltimore. The Orioles PA announcer works for them.Need Hopkins and other big healthcare employers.

 

Still not sure why they did away with holiday packs and just small packs.Even the Yankees have them Also teams are going to All Acess passes.But probably won't help that much.Tough to watch right now.

Well they are doing a cross promo with Guinness but not at the stadium and seems expensive. 

 

 

 

https://allevents.in/halethorpe/brews-and-os/1000061600560936

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 12:03 PM, eddie83 said:

I keep forgetting to mention one thing. In the club level you can buy a pepperoni pizza for only $41. 

I had to look at that price about 5 times the other day to see if my eyes were deceiving me. 

The Orioles let you take your own food and drink which is great and there are many cheap food options inside the stadium, that said some of the prices are a joke. I also didn’t see any regular burger and fries in the club level just a Roseda burger and fries for $17. 

I can’t imagine too many pizzas have been sold this year. 

According to the Fan Cost Index (and yes, you can quibble with their methodology) the O's are the 4th-cheapest MLB experience.  About half of what it costs to go to a Cubs or Red Sox game.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that a foot-long Dodger Dog and a regular beer cost me $22 or $24 in early April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

16,457 last night. Thank God for Yankee fans. 😀 Probably a little more tonight. Thursday should be one of the bigger crowds of the year.

Blasphemer!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Have they promoted this Pepsi package much I saw in the press release?

This ? Don;t think it has started yet. 

Also as part of the partnership, the Orioles will introduce a new Pepsi Bundle ticket package available for every game which includes a game ticket, PepsiCo drink (soda or water), and a soft pretzel starting at just $15. Pepsi Bundles will be available for purchase beginning later this month at Orioles.com/Pepsi.

With a wide variety of sizing and pricing options available at all concessions locations throughout Oriole Park, fans and families from all walks of life can enjoy affordable ballpark fare in a selection of perfect portions for everyone including small-sized PepsiCo sodas (12 oz.), which are available for a reduced price ($1.50).

https://www.mlb.com/press-release/orioles-new-agreement-with-pepsico

 

And this new promoyion>

Once a month during the 2019 season, 105.7 The Fan listeners can take advantage of 105.7 The Fan Nights at Oriole Park. Tickets for each game are just $10.57 including fees.

 

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/specials/fan-nights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 10:31 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

According to the Fan Cost Index (and yes, you can quibble with their methodology) the O's are the 4th-cheapest MLB experience.  About half of what it costs to go to a Cubs or Red Sox game.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that a foot-long Dodger Dog and a regular beer cost me $22 or $24 in early April.

I practically had to dip into my 401K to get a ticket and a hot dog at Fenway last year. Camden Yards is super affordable and cheaper than going to the movies if you do it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 8,100 last night. Tampa broke their low attendance record yesterday,5,786. Orioles now 28th in the league in average attendance. Only the Floridians are lower. 10 teams averaging less then 20,000 a game. Jays are down over 9,000 a game. But profits from regional and national and online are at record highs. Only three teams were below 20,000 last year. Some teams might pick up a little. But many teams are not good and players that are not draws to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

About 8,100 last night. Tampa broke their low attendance record yesterday,5,786. Orioles now 28th in the league in average attendance. Only the Floridians are lower. 10 teams averaging less then 20,000 a game. Jays are down over 9,000 a game. But profits from regional and national and online are at record highs. Only three teams were below 20,000 last year. Some teams might pick up a little. But many teams are not good and players that are not draws to see.

Tampa low must be paid attendance because I’ve watched plenty of games where there was clearly less than 5,000 fans in the stands at Tropicana. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tampa low must be paid attendance because I’ve watched plenty of games where there was clearly less than 5,000 fans in the stands at Tropicana. 

Always paid. Many stadiums clearly see not what the attendance says .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Always paid. Many stadiums clearly see not what the attendance says .

With the Rays I find it hard to believe they have not had a lower paid attendance in their history at Trop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

With the Rays I find it hard to believe they have not had a lower paid attendance in their history at Trop.

Their brethren to the south ,drew an impressive 6,407..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







  • Posts

    • Yeah, it's 84. 50 (base) + 22 (22 outs) + 6 (completed 5th, 6th, and 7th innings) + 10 (strikeouts) - 2 (for 1 hit) - 2 (for 2 BB). 
    • Strikeouts count for a lot in game score.   Personally I’d prefer a complete game shutout with fewer K’s to a 7.1 inning shutout with 10 K’s, but I’m certainly not complaining about Wojo’s outing.   Edit: Just saw BarclaySouthway’s post indicating the game score was 84, not 94.     That seems more likely.  
    • Yeah, that's weird because Wojciechowski's game log has yesterday's outing as a game score of 84. Link That was a great performance, but 9th all time while only going 7 1/3 just doesn't sound right to me.
    • Absolutely.   I thought during the game I heard Gary Thorne say something about New York, though I may not have heard correctly.
    • You very clearly stated her value was her looks and not her intellectual contributions to the broadcast which probably says more about you than it does about her.  Best of luck to Sara. 
    • Hunter interviewed her on the radio pregame, and she said that she was not yet able to reveal what her next job would be but she would be soon. So this looks more like she is leaving for another opportunity then MASN getting rid of her.
    • Game 98, July 21 There were some excellent defensive plays in yesterday’s one hitter, four of which I’ll mention here. - With nobody out and a runner on 1st in the 6th inning, Chris Davis gloved a hard-hit ball over the bag, stepped on the edge facing home plate, took one more step towards home as he pivoted, and fired a strike to 2B that allowed Villar to apply the tag and complete a DP.  Davis has always been very good at feeds to 2B and this was a good example. - With Givens in the game in the 9th, Devers laced a rising liner to RF that Mancini went back on and almost misjudged it but he leaped and made a nice outstretched catch. - The next hitter hit a ball in the RCF gap but Wilkerson raced over and made a nice backhand catch while running pretty much full speed. - The final hitter of the game hit a ground ball in the 1B/2B hole, but Chris Davis made a diving stop and an accurate flip to Givens, who hustled over to cover 1B on the play.    The defense was in a RH pull shift, so Davis was about halfway between 1st and 2nd when he made the stop.    The stop, the accurate throw from his knees at that distance, and Given’s presence of mind to get to 1B on a ball hit that far towards 2B were all very impressive.    
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...