Jump to content
Frobby

Adam Hall 2019

Recommended Posts

I know there’s a Hall/Grenier thread already, but last year I made him share a thread with Carmona and this guy deserves his own thread!

After two oh-fers to begin the year, Hall has gone 6 for 15 with a double, triple, four walks and three stolen bases.  .261/.370/.435 overall so far.  I think he’s one of the most exciting prospects in the organization.    

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know there’s a Hall/Grenier thread already, but last year I made him share a thread with Carmona and this guy deserves his own thread!

After two oh-fers to begin the year, Hall has gone 6 for 15 with a double, triple, four walks and three stolen bases.  .261/.370/.435 overall so far.  I think he’s one of the most exciting prospects in the organization.    

Cold weather ball kid.  High ceiling.  Much higher on him than I am Grenier.

He best not get seriously hurt stealing bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Cold weather ball kid.  High ceiling.  Much higher on him than I am Grenier.

He best not get seriously hurt stealing bases.

I think stealing bases is an important part of his value.   81% success rate last year.   Get on base and bother the pitcher.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 for 4 with a double and a walk last night.    When this kid’s hot, he’s hot!

Overall line up to .321/.424/.429.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 10:34 PM, Frobby said:

I think stealing bases is an important part of his value.   81% success rate last year.   Get on base and bother the pitcher.   

Steal when it is high leverage.  Don't get hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the hit and speed tool are there and he is showing a great batting eye as well.  Could be our breakout prospect of the year, similar to McKenna last year.  I'd like to hear some reports on his defense.  Specifically, if he has the arm to stay at shortstop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Steal when it is high leverage.  Don't get hurt.

And for Pete’s sake tell these young to stop sliding head first.

Does Hall slide head first? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could probably hit about as good as Richie Martin as well right now.  Martin has been huge disappointment on offense.  I wasn’t expecting lot but figured he’d atleast get bat on ball lot more.  He has about 2 hard hit balls all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He could probably hit about as good as Richie Martin as well right now.  Martin has been huge disappointment on offense.  I wasn’t expecting lot but figured he’d atleast get bat on ball lot more.  He has about 2 hard hit balls all year.

They blew it getting rid of Jackson.   If they were initially keeping them both I would have liked to see an in-season competition to see if either was worth keeping. For some reason Mike Wright is.

Martin looks completely lost at the plate. Hall doesn’t have a high bar to top that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

They blew it getting rid of Jackson.   If they were initially keeping them both I would have liked to see an in-season competition to see if either was worth keeping. For some reason Mike Wright is.

Martin looks completely lost at the plate. Hall doesn’t have a high bar to top that.

It wasn’t really Wright or Jackson though, they needed another pitcher in the pen so it was either jackson or Alberto and guessing they feel Alberto has more upside then him.   I like Alberto more as well but Jackson did allow you to have another backup center fielder other then Rickard which was a plus for him.   They are going to have to stay with a 13 man pen for awhile and maybe the entire year if they can’t get quality starts or atleast more innings out of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hall 2 for 4 today, slash line now .333/.476/.424.    

Has Luke said anything about a change in his swing since the start of the year last year. It seems after rough start last year til now a completely different hitter.  Wondering if they changed his mechanics or approach over the last year?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Has Luke said anything about a change in his swing since the start of the year last year. It seems after rough start last year til now a completely different hitter.  Wondering if they changed his mechanics or approach over the last year?

 

I recall it being more based on approach. Coaches wanted him to be more patient and see more pitches. This left him frequently behind in the count and hitting defensively. After the slow start, they told him to attack and it turned around his season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Has Luke said anything about a change in his swing since the start of the year last year. It seems after rough start last year til now a completely different hitter.  Wondering if they changed his mechanics or approach over the last year?

 

He was good from the jump last year, it just took awhile for the results to catch up. I don't have time to find it right now, but I wrote something about him earlier in the Aberdeen season last year where I said he was the best player on the field. 

My major and remaining question about Hall is the power. I think he can stick at SS so that lessens the power requirement, but I want to at least see more gap power before thinking about throwing a everyday grade on him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats







×
×
  • Create New...