OFFNY

Trying to Salvage a Game (vs. D-RAYS, 4/18)

o

The Orioles are trying to salvage the final game of this series with the D-Rays ........ apparently, they will be facing another "Opener" in Hunter Blake Wood. 

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - 2B

Trey Mancini - LF

John Dwight Smith, Jr. - DH

Renato Nunez - 1B

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Joey Rickard - RF

Richie Martin - SS

Pedro Severino De Leon - C

Boyce Cedric Mullins - CF

Andrew Burton Cashner - RHP )) (3-1, 5.31 ERA)

TAMPA BAY DEVIL R AYS

Austin Meadows - RF

Tommy Pham - LF

최지만 - 1B

Yandy Diaz - DH

Brandon Lowe - 2B

Mike Zunino - C

Kevin Kiermaier - CF

Daniel Robertson - 3B

Willy Rafael Luna Adames - SS

Hunter Blake Wood - RHP )) (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Just now, Yossarian said:

Meadows picks right up where the Rays left off yesterday - hitting the ball 100 mph for a double

Obviously their gun is hot. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Obviously their gun is hot. 

Pham follows with a 109 mph single.  Are they tipped off on pitch and location?

Or Cashner just isn't very good.

I'll go with Cashner not being very good.

I wouldn't get a hit off Cashner but I bet it wouldn't be an uncomfortable at bat.

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Somebody in the outfield stands is sending signs.  Shouldn't be hard to find them since no one ever goes to their games.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Or Cashner just isn't very good.

I'll go with Cashner not being very good.

I wouldn't get a hit off Cashner but I bet it wouldn't be an uncomfortable at bat.

It was the same with Hess yesterday.  They just teed off on Orioles pitching.  One after they other.

Just now, MongoBoy said:

Somebody in the outfield stands is sending signs.  Shouldn't be hard to find them since no one ever goes to their games.

It's the guy in the stands.

Yea, that one.

It was the same with Hess yesterday.  They just teed off on Orioles pitching.  One after they other.

Stuff like that happens when good teams play bad teams.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats

• Me neither. I think I understand Elias's overall plan and the decisions not to promote our best prospects yet, as painful as the consequences may be at around 9 or 10 pm on many nights and on Sunday afternoons.  But where is the organization on Sisco? Despite his unimpressive performance in ML two call-ups, I don't think anyone questions that his offensive potential should earn him a long look at hitting major league pitching but for the doubts as to whether he will be able to catch major league pitching well enough to be the receiver (even a backup) on an Oriole team that's striving to improve and move toward contention. Sisco has been in the Orioles system since 2013. He has had five full seasons, and parts of two others, in which he's played over 400 MiL games, and 65 with the Orioles, all of them at catcher (plus a few games DHing). He's 24 and should be entering his prime years, and catchers often wear down and wear out faster than other position players. It seems to me that should be plenty of time to decide whether Sisco is or isn't going to be good enough defensively to be a major league catcher. (Even if the answer is yes, the Orioles might regard him as only good enough defensively to hold down the position for a couple of years while the team stinks, but should be thought of as keeping the catcher's box warm for Adley Rutschman or someone else we haven't yet heard of.) I have read a lot of comments about whether Sisco is or isn't improving defensively, or whether that's a hopeless task. I'm pretty sure there have been no steps taken to try Sisco at a less challenging position to get his bat in the lineup (third base would seem to be the logical choice, and there's not exactly a talent logjam there), but I don't know whether that means Elias has decided Chance can be the catcher on an improving team or is just letting the experiment  continue.  If someone out there has some information or insight on the Elias regime's views of Sisco's defense and future, I'd really like to hear about it.        
    • One of my favorites.  Really made me sad to see him end up in Boston.
    • Yeah, injuries derailed Loewen as well. As you mentioned, the expectations on our end as fans were just unreasonable.  That why depth is so important, because the odds are that most of these guys aren't going to work out.  It's also why I'm really following Means closely, because if he turns into even a back-end rotation starter that's a huge development.  You need some of these "out-of-nowhere" guys as well.
    • Well, you brought up a few moments of stupidity.  I feel like there are more.   If the goal is to get this team trained up and developed, part of that has to be situational awareness and having your players know what to do.  
    • 16,457 last night. Thank God for Yankee fans. 😀 Probably a little more tonight. Thursday should be one of the bigger crowds of the year.
    • The thing is Bordick is pretty honest when I have heard him on the radio not doing a broadcast. He gets with Hunter and they turn into the Lollypop Club.Also do they get paid on how many times an inning they mention Hyde and the coaches.Hyde loves their resilience. Hyde let them read the Bob Feller plaque about hard work and a long season.The players before the game are working hard with the coaches People don't realize the effort they put in.They watch videos and the coach who works with the catchers is the best.As opposed to the prior bench coach who worked with the catchers who was the best Not sure why other teams have coaches who dont coach.This coaching thing and managing are only done in Baltimore. 
    • Torres wants us to have the #1 pick in 2020.  
  • Popular Contributors