weams

It's Time - Mountcastle

As much as I'm looking forward to new, young players, I don't want him up here yet.   If he was a CF or SS, I'd be all for it.

31 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

No way! Not when the team ERA is well over 6 and Davis still on the roster. Plus, Trumbo is coming at some point...I'd let him dominate AAA...Has anyone really done that at Norfolk yet?

What would domination at Norfolk be, since whatever you hit there is only going to be a bit better than in Baltimore?  

7 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

What would domination at Norfolk be, since whatever you hit there is only going to be a bit better than in Baltimore?  

So just going to ignore the whole "facing ML pitchers" thing? 🤷‍♂️ Mullins' line at Norfolk is more than "a bit better than in Baltimore". 

42 minutes ago, interloper said:

I would argue it is not time. Only 66 AAA ABs with 17 Ks and a .319 OBP. 

There's simply nowhere to play him. Nunez is entrenched in a breakout year at DH, Davis is being given the year at least, and Ruiz/Alberto are doing well at 3B. Not to mention Mancini's All Star season. 

Let Mountcastle percolate until you cannot ignore him anymore. I'm having a pretty easy time ignoring him right now honestly. Which is good! Let these guys develop. Forget about them until July, at least. 

100% agreed.   If he’s OPSing .900 on July 1, maybe it’ll be time to figure out how to squeeze him in.   I’m happy he had a great week, but let’s turn that into a great couple of months.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

So just going to ignore the whole "facing ML pitchers" thing? 🤷‍♂️ Mullins' line at Norfolk is more than "a bit better than in Baltimore". 

I think Mullins’ case is somewhat exceptional.    Look at Mancini, for example.   Individual results vary by a lot.     It’s not like you can map whose numbers will translate and whose won’t.  

Really should be playing 3B in Norfolk.  Only 15 innings so far there.  Is there a plan outside of 1B for him?  3B makes much more sense.  

14 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

Really should be playing 3B in Norfolk.  Only 15 innings so far there.  Is there a plan outside of 1B for him?  3B makes much more sense.  

If he isn't a good third baseman why would you want to play him at third base?  He should hit well enough to play first.  

I think as the season is already over for the Orioles there is no reason to bring him up.   Let him work on walking more. 

14 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

1B is his only option, basically. He's a butcher at 3B and actually makes some good plays at 1B. He looked pretty natural there in ST I thought. 

47 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

i think he meant over a full season. Reimold crushed it at Norfolk in 2009 with 109 at bats and a 1.228 OPS.

Why would you leave someone at Norfolk all season if they were crushing it?

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

If he isn't a good third baseman why would you want to play him at third base?  He should hit well enough to play first.  

I think as the season is already over for the Orioles there is no reason to bring him up.   Let him work on walking more. 

If he can't play 3B, more reason to have him in Norfolk for longer.  Mancini and Davis at first, and soon Trumbo will be back in the mix.  This is Trumbo's last season but Davis is here to stay.  There is enough ABs for all of them between LF/RF/DH/1B but if it means he isn't playing everyday he should stay in Norfolk.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Keep him down.  I wanna see those OBP skills get better.

So you want to see if he lets pitchers pitch around him?

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Sure.

You are just afraid if they start calling up the kids you might have to start watching these games.  😉