Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Ravens 1st Round Selection - Marquis Brown

This guys highlight real looks awesome.  Too bad he wont have that QB throwing to him.  Not sure why the Ravens drafted him as he wont be a great blocker and that is what he will be doing.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

This guys highlight real looks awesome.  Too bad he wont have that QB throwing to him.  Not sure why the Ravens drafted him as he wont be a great blocker and that is what he will be doing.

He has great speed to recover Lamar's fumbles.

15 minutes ago, dorfmac said:

He can also take a 3 yard slant to the house anytime, soooo

As long as it isn't thrown 3 yards behind him

Why dont all you Lamar haters create a thread to put your terrible, off topic, comments so I dont have to read your BS in other threads when I actually want to read about theplayers that have been drafted.  This is rediculous.

7 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Why dont all you Lamar haters create a thread to put your terrible, off topic, comments so I dont have to read your BS in other threads when I actually want to read about theplayers that have been drafted.  This is rediculous.

I agree sir! I'm excited to see what Brown can do. I'm concerned about him being undersized. 

From USA Today 

No. 25 Ravens (from PHI): Marquise Brown, WR Oklahoma

Analysis: The Ravens needed receivers and they got one of the two best receivers in the class. Marquise Brown is known for his speed, but he’s so much more than that. He’s a smart route runner at all levels of the field and he can also make things happen after the catch. Between Lamar Jackson and Brown, NFC North defenses are going to have a hard time keeping up with the Ravens offense. That Baltimore traded down and still landed Brown makes this pick look even better.

GRADE: A

On 4/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, Satyr3206 said:

One thing I know. You can't teach speed. And he is fast. I like the pick and the trade back. I think DeCosta will trade up to the second round tonight.

The Ravens have been unable to teach toolsy players how to catch the ball. Brown is known for having good hands. Hopefully he can add 15-20 pounds to diminish the size /durability concerns.

To address his size (Brown 5'9" 166). In 2001 I was interning at Pimloco for the Preakness.  As part of the weekly festivities leading up to the race they had an event at the ESPN  zone and the special guest was Jermaine Lewis.  Jermaine is listed as 5'7", 173 lbs and having met him in person that he was as solidly built as a cinderblock.  The point being these guys are not your normal on the street 170 lbs, they have fat contents of less than 3%.  They have muscle on muscle, and I realize so do other guys but the size doesnt worry me.

Not Raven related but on the topic of player size, I don't believe for a second that Kyler Murray is 5'10''

32 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Not Raven related but on the topic of player size, I don't believe for a second that Kyler Murray is 5'10''

I think he's closer to 5'8/5'9".

49 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think he's closer to 5'8/5'9".

Pro Athletes add more inches to their height than guys on dating sites.  The biggest height adder I saw Hockey player Chris Borque whom claimed he was 5' 9" at one point.  Son of Hall of Famer Ray Borque.  He couldn't be more than 5'4" and I saw him being the same height as another player who claimed to be 5' 5" in Hershey. If he were actually 5' 9" he would have been a heck of a hockey player.  Instead he is 7th all time in AHL scoring.