Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Ravens 6th Round Selection QB Trace McSorely

Don’t get this one. Even if they wanted insurance behind Lamar and RG3, this guy seems pretty underwhelming and likely could have been gotten as a UDFA

I see some suggesting he could be our Taysom Hill but Hill has a lot more size and physicality.

Edited by wd40

I liked this pick and told my father in the 4th round that I would look to take McSorley in the 6th.  Trace isn't a great traditional QB, and it was a risk to take him, but I explained that the reason I'd be happy to see him taken late was because he's as close to an ideal backup to Lamar as there was in this draft. RG3 will be our backup, and McSorley will most likely start on the practice squad, but could take RG3's role down the road, if the Ravens like McSorley's progress. I understand not wanting him, and a fair argument can easily be made against it, but I for one liked it.

With all of that said, were I doing the selecting, I would have taken Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson, with Trace the next choice.

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I liked this pick and told my father in the 4th round that I would look to take McSorley in the 6th.  Trace isn't a great traditional QB, and it was a risk to take him, but I explained that the reason I'd be happy to see him taken late was because he's as close to an ideal backup to Lamar as there was in this draft. RG3 will be our backup, and McSorley will most likely start on the practice squad, but could take RG3's role down the road, if the Ravens like McSorley's progress. I understand not wanting him, and a fair argument can easily be made against it, but I for one liked it.

I don’t like Lamar and don’t like their idea of adding lesser clones. Thanks wanted the Auburn QB. That said they can draft one high next year or the year after. Tuo or Lawrence come to kind.

no eat this team we be more than 8 and I’m betting 5ish

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t like Lamar and don’t like their idea of adding lesser clones. Thanks wanted the Auburn QB. That said they can draft one high next year or the year after. Tuo or Lawrence come to kind.

no eat this team we be more than 8 and I’m betting 5ish

I understand your feelings on this, and you may be proven right. I have far greater hope for Lamar than you do, but absolutely see the other side of it.  Time will tell... it always does.

13 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

ESPN was mentioning him as an Edelman clone and expects him to be made vex to the slot.

During the draft process a number of teams tried to convert to defensive back.  He's got the athleticism and football IQ.